OP mattlgroff

27th June 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,388

2,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am now pulling a 283 or so MB ICS labled update for the Rogers RAZR. Will keep you guys posted and this... hopefully this is not old news?

Excuse my crappy bionic for cheesecaking.

How to install from another ICS leak (same carrier, model, etc.):
  1. Put the leak on your external SD card.
  2. Fastboot a patched boot.img using the boot.img.p from this leak's /patch/ folder and the boot.img from the latest official version's fastboot files. (See my thread on patching boot images here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27211509 )
    NOTE: If someone posts a reply with a boot.img they patched, you can use that one as well. Only one person has to make one and post it.
  3. Fastboot the system.img and preinstall.img from the latest official version
  4. Boot to recovery and install the newer ICS leak.

Mattlgroff's Notes:

Download: http://goo.im/roms/mattlgroff/Blur_V...gers.en.CA.zip

MD5: 37BF5F8FE132DBFE7B76CF491A926B32

Thanks andlaw for the adapted install instructions from your DR thread: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...-211-sideload/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be on STOCK 651.167.3331 for Rogers. No frozen apps. No custom recoveries, etc.

Install instructions are using ES File Manager and Rom Manager (free) from the Play Store download these and be rooted on 651.167.3331 for Rogers. Yes rogers for Canada, not that other carrier stuff lol.

open rom manager free, hit OK, now press the home button.
open es file explorer, press YES, press menu, open settings, scroll down to Path settings and under Root settings: Enable
Up to Root (path settings)
Root Explorer (root settings)
Mount File System (root settings)

"DOWNLOAD THE ICS UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone)"

open ES FILE EXPLORER, locate your /cache directory and then select the Blur_Version.651.167.3331.XT910.Rogers.en.CA.zip
(now choose Open With ROM MANAGER)

phone will restart, and begin installation of the ICS leak (takes 10-15minutes)
phone restarts, boot animation begins, Android is upgrading :: Profit success!! Celebrate!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading to a mirror now... I have a public dropbox link for the moment PM me if you want it.

Screenshots(the wallpaper is stock with ICS, the apps were some installed from the tester):

Last edited by stylez; 3rd July 2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Download link added.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
More
For the love of god plug that phone into a charger!
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbieshwa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 2,388

2,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieshwa

For the love of god plug that phone into a charger!

It's running on a factory-style cable. "Unlimited power!!!!!"
27th June 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 169

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Still no OTA for me , how come the provider is Bell in the SS?
27th June 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 16

112 posts
More
hmm.. so i flashed the brazil firmware fastboot and brazil ics update, but now i have the rogers fastboot and rogers ics update ... any way for me to go back to rogers? i know id have to flash the GB rogers fastboot but i dont think that'll flash over top of the Brazil ICS ...
27th June 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,096

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunness1991

hmm.. so i flashed the brazil firmware fastboot and brazil ics update, but now i have the rogers fastboot and rogers ics update ... any way for me to go back to rogers? i know id have to flash the GB rogers fastboot but i dont think that'll flash over top of the Brazil ICS ...

Yes, it's possible. All you need is a patched boot.img and system_signed from previous GB 2.3.6 rogers. The same to Fido users.

Any case, why do you want the Rogers/Fido bloatware? The canadian build of the system is exactly the same as Latam retail.

I'd move from Brazil to Rogers/Fido if it was another build, despite all the bloats carries pushes.

Cheers
27th June 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

103 posts
Very simple and clear instructions for even a noob user. Thanks!

I just picked up a Razr for my gf last night from a kijiji user that wasn't aware that ICS was out, and decided to do this update. I guess I could have just installed CWM and manually installed the zip, but your instructions were pretty damn easy too.
27th June 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotorresfilho

Yes, it's possible. All you need is a patched boot.img and system_signed from previous GB 2.3.6 rogers. The same to Fido users.

Any case, why do you want the Rogers/Fido bloatware? The canadian build of the system is exactly the same as Latam retail.

I'd move from Brazil to Rogers/Fido if it was another build, despite all the bloats carries pushes.

Cheers

thanks,
id just prefer a stock, clean version of the phone ( I know it sounds hypocritical of me considering i am on a brazil rom currently)

is this easy to downgrade? where can i get the needed files and how do i go about flashing it?

thanks!
27th June 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1,096

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunness1991

thanks,
id just prefer a stock, clean version of the phone ( I know it sounds hypocritical of me considering i am on a brazil rom currently)

is this easy to downgrade? where can i get the needed files and how do i go about flashing it?

thanks!

Hi!

You have all the files you need available. You have to follow these instructions to patch a boot.img from your ota file.

I'm pretty sure the OP knows how to build a boot.img patched for Fido and Rogers and delivery for users. (@OP This script can be used to do this. Just change the boot.img patched and the system_signed from respective carriers and rename it.)

I'd like to do that, but sounds kinda invasive from me you know.

Meanwhile, you can apply patch yourself with the above instructions.

BTW, you'll need the rogers firmware to rsd lite flash and the boot.img patched from your ota. The same for fido users.

Cheers
27th June 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotorresfilho

Hi!

You have all the files you need available. You have to follow these instructions to patch a boot.img from your ota file.

I'm pretty sure the OP knows how to build a boot.img patched for Fido and Rogers and delivery for users. (@OP This script can be used to do this. Just change the boot.img patched and the system_signed from respective carriers and rename it.)

I'd like to do that, but sounds kinda invasive from me you know.

Meanwhile, you can apply patch yourself with the above instructions.

BTW, you'll need the rogers firmware to rsd lite flash and the boot.img patched from your ota. The same for fido users.

Cheers

thanks for the information, but ive never done any of that stuff before and kind of don't want to attempt it . having already almost bricked my phone once before i really dont want to take that chance again

maybe ill stick to brazil firmware lol

thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread