5,594,748 Members 36,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Monster M7 Tablet, need a root method.

Tip us?

snowcrash512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Monster M7 Tablet, need a root method.

Okay so I got this Monster M7 tablet as a gift, its actually pretty nice, at least compared to the cheapo that I did have that barely ran anything without imploding, considering its a value tablet from Monster of all companies its amazingly stable after a firmware update. Thing is I cant find any information about rooting the darn thing, its not a huge deal except I would love to clear out of some of the preinstalled apps because the thing does have a funky split storage system that's really limiting.

Its running android 4.1 if that's at all relevant.

droidinterest
Old
Thanks Meter 20
there are many tut for root in xda, you can try once
like framaroot
with love from heart,
just press thank if someone help u

KIBS2173
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up root

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
Okay so I got this Monster M7 tablet as a gift, its actually pretty nice, at least compared to the cheapo that I did have that barely ran anything without imploding, considering its a value tablet from Monster of all companies its amazingly stable after a firmware update. Thing is I cant find any information about rooting the darn thing, its not a huge deal except I would love to clear out of some of the preinstalled apps because the thing does have a funky split storage system that's really limiting.

Its running android 4.1 if that's at all relevant.
ok just download kingo android root
and cilck the website option and not the cnet option
once downloaded just open it and they will show it how to root

zatin55
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIBS2173 View Post
ok just download kingo android root
and cilck the website option and not the cnet option
once downloaded just open it and they will show it how to root
does not work is there any other way?

snowcrash512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I found out its based around the Rockchip 3066 if that helps at all with ways to root the thing, no luck with anything so far.

mcfroah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default root

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
I found out its based around the Rockchip 3066 if that helps at all with ways to root the thing, no luck with anything so far.
I have instructions from Monster on how to update which includes their rock chip driver and a new image. The image fixes an issus with the camera and adds another GB to the internal memory. I still can't root it but thouht maybe someone could use the driver and image to figure out a fix....
Let me know if your interested and I will post the instructions with links for the downloads.

tastydude2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Please send instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfroah View Post
I have instructions from Monster on how to update which includes their rock chip driver and a new image. The image fixes an issus with the camera and adds another GB to the internal memory. I still can't root it but thouht maybe someone could use the driver and image to figure out a fix....
Let me know if your interested and I will post the instructions with links for the downloads.
I did manage to find the RockChip driver, do you know what is the model of RockChip chip set ? I tried about 4 different type of Root applications,all failed on writing to the file system.

Please send all the instruction from Monster...

Thanks

Quebranto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any help would be appreciated

Quote:
I bought two of these for my wife and I. We love'em, but the memory issue is getting a little annoying. Another gb would be a huge help if you don't mind sharing the instructions.

Thanks!

mcfroah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebranto View Post
I bought two of these for my wife and I. We love'em, but the memory issue is getting a little annoying. Another gb would be a huge help if you don't mind sharing the instructions.

Thanks!
I am not able to post outside links, since I am a newbie. I sent you a message with the instructions. I am working on posting 10 comments so I can put the instructions here.
feel free to share the instructions, as I volunteered to test them for Monster and take no credit. Obviously I am not responsible for anything that happens to your tablet, nor is XDA. But this is a fairly safe update. I installed it on 4 tablets with no issue. I should be getting another update to test in a couple weeks from Monster and will share it when I get it.
Hopefully someone will be able to figure out how to root it, so we can remove the bloatware.

snowcrash512
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just got those myself after sweet talking the Monster tech support, its actually reduced the need to root now that they sort of fixed the glaring memory issue though I would still prefer to see the whole internal memory unified. It would still be nice to root and dump some of this stuff (does anybody EVER actually use the twitter app that's installed on everything?)