[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 KitKat Root

3rd March 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Hey everyone,

So I have been trying to root my newly updated Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337 AT&T) for a couple of days now and still no success.
I've tried MotoChopper, a series of different CF-AutoRoot files and neither have given any luck. Odin stops right after SuperUser.apk is pushed over and gives the "Threads failed: 1 Success: 0" message.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to diegovz25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
More
Search before you post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegovz25

Hey everyone,

So I have been trying to root my newly updated Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337 AT&T) for a couple of days now and still no success.
I've tried MotoChopper, a series of different CF-AutoRoot files and neither have given any luck. Odin stops right after SuperUser.apk is pushed over and gives the "Threads failed: 1 Success: 0" message.

THERE IS A THREAD FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and are you running stock or custom and look it up on the galaxy s4 troubleshooting page before you post here
Search it up i dont want to help in this thread but i will help you or someone else will when its in the right thread
The Following User Says Thank You to DyslexicTurtle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 KitKat Root
I have the same problem, I am attaching here my cell data.
please help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-04-22-23-42.png
Views:	4577
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	2613935  
9th March 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag New England
Thanks Meter: 8

158 posts
More
Same problem
I have a galaxy s4 att 4.4 and have been wondering the same thing. Seems like no one has found and way to root the phone yet. As for the guy who flipped out in the post above. Give it a break man. This website is made so a bunch of developers can come together and help each other out and fix problems. There should be no putting down just because it was put on the wrong thread or whatever. It's the people like you that ruin the fun in hacking for all of us. If there's already a thread then just tell the owner of this one or any one nicely and point them in the right direction with a Link or something. No need to be mean.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JORDANZ1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyslexicTurtle

and are you running stock or custom and look it up on the galaxy s4 troubleshooting page before you post here
Search it up i dont want to help in this thread but i will help you or someone else will when its in the right thread

Hey Mr. Turtle, could you be so kind as to point out as to where this supposed thread is?? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegovz25

Hey everyone,

It looks like the link that you may want to look at, that Mr. Turtle so Douchingly didn't want to give, is right here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-att/help

Hope this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naw T For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag New England

158 posts
More
Thanks for the Link but I can't find a thread that specifically talked about rooting the galaxy s4 4.2.2. I wish they would find a way soon
17th March 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Where is the link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyslexicTurtle

How about a link to the exact thread then, bud? Prove that there is one. If you dont, there is no thread.
17th March 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

82 posts
Can anyone direct me to the right place? the link above doesn't seem to show me where to go.
19th March 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #9  
Flag New England

158 posts
More
post deleted
Last edited by JORDANZ1998; 19th March 2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: forgot link
19th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #10  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 27

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDANZ1998

This is a link to a rooting method for the galaxy s4 i337 running 4.4.2. I haven't tested it out yet but if anyone wants to give it a shot that would be cool. Follow the directions on the website. If anybody does try it please post if it works or not.

http://wccftech.com/guide-root-att-galaxy-s4-sghi337/

This method is for 4.2.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread