Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DONT WANT A BRICK? Check here

Tip us?

The Archangel
Old
(Last edited by The Archangel; 2nd December 2012 at 01:16 AM.)
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 3761

DONATE TO ME
Default DONT WANT A BRICK? Check here

As of right now, the roms for your S3 are not meant to be used on other S3 variants. Bricks might happens or a soft one might happen. Before flashing a Rom make sure you are in the right development section an you read the entire op, twice. Until other devs or experienced users find a way to make them cross compatible, please refrain from using other carriers S3 roms.

Also wind mobile an Tmobile are interchangeable, just don't flash the modems.

ONLY FLASH THE ROMS IN THIS FORUM!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The Archangel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FiveOhFox
Old
Thanks Meter 365

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Highway View Post
As of right now, the roms for your S3 are not meant to be used on other S3 variants. Bricks might happens or a soft one might happen. Before flashing a Rom make sure you are in the right development section an you read the entire op, twice. Until other devs or experienced users find a way to make them cross compatible, please refrain from using other carriers S3 roms.
I second this, guys PLEASE don't risk it. It is not worth it. Right now I think most devs are working on their own ROMs, but we should have a patch soon to allow cross-compatibility.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveOhFox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darren.wlsn1
Old
Thanks Meter 849
think some peeps are confused by whats before tmo development. (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III) just my opinion but good idea on thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to darren.wlsn1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SL
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Mr Highway:

Could you start another thread for Windmobile Android Development?
In the past all Windmobile phones are just T-mobile phone rebadge.
In this case, it does not in terms of kernels....(and may be baseband)
The Following User Says Thank You to SL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

incubus26jc
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3572

DONATE TO ME
I am working on this so that all roms will work on all carriers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1735482
The Following User Says Thank You to incubus26jc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androholic
Old
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Highway View Post
AMEN!! Some fool I know ALREADY called me with a bricked gs3! I'm gonna sit back and let the pros do their thing, and that's DEFINITELY the safest bet!
Thank you to all of the Developers and all of those that may contribute in any way!
Thank someone, it's effortless...

ex-28
Old
Thanks Meter 78
thanks for the reminder and jsut to make sure ....

i have rogers sgh-i747
i want to be in this AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III - xda-developers thread for everything correct ?

and not in the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 thread ?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 (rogers)
Model:SM-G900W8
Android Version:4.4.2
Baseband Version: G900W8VLU1ANF3
Kernal: 3.4.0-1947824
Build: Omega V7.0 - XXU1ANG2
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro

XDA-dev Is My Daily Newspaper !

Alik4041
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I keep seeing posts about ROMs that can work on these variants of galaxy S3s. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the ROMs supposed to be specific to GSM or CDMA? When I flashed windows based roms on my touch pro II, that was one of the things to look out for. Is it possible to create a ROM for all carriers?
The Following User Says Thank You to Alik4041 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uoY_redruM
Old
Thanks Meter 1934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik4041 View Post
I keep seeing posts about ROMs that can work on these variants of galaxy S3s. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the ROMs supposed to be specific to GSM or CDMA? When I flashed windows based roms on my touch pro II, that was one of the things to look out for. Is it possible to create a ROM for all carriers?
Yes and no.

With the use of aroma-installer, we could set it up to detect your phone type (well, not we....I don't know that much about it but I saw the thread discussing this) and aroma would be able to install the necessary files based on your phone.

As of now, for instance, mine works across all GSM carriers. clark44 is current working to get everything switched up so it also works for Sprint (mostly appears to be the apk files and XML files) that are specific to the phone. As of now, he has it booting and working fine except there is a large rush of FCs on initial bootup but then everything runs fine.
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

ImARaptor
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I wasn't even aware you could make a patch to allow cross-compatibility! XDA never fails to surprise