Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[MZ600][MZ602][MZ604] Official Android 4.1.1 OTA Update Thread

OP oldblue910

25th July 2012, 08:31 AM   |  #191  
Junior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
I flashed stock recovery and tried again after wipe cache and I get the space error others got:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I did go through the zip and it does look like this is the JB update we have been waiting for, I just wish it would flash successfully. How do we get around that patch space issue?
25th July 2012, 08:48 AM   |  #192  
Lothaen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 407
 
4,009 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyr6

I flashed stock recovery and tried again after wipe cache and I get the space error others got:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I did go through the zip and it does look like this is the JB update we have been waiting for, I just wish it would flash successfully. How do we get around that patch space issue?

when i had this last OTA it was possibly a borked recovery from google... thought they fixed it
25th July 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #193  
Junior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
I think it's related to the not allowing manually flashing OTA via stock recovery started in 4.0.4.

So my initial OTA failed because I had CWM installed instead of stock. Then that update was removed (fortunately I saved it) and system updates in about no longer show I have an update even after clearing data from google services framework. So now I am trying to manually flash the failed OTA from earlier and running into the issue from 4.0.3->4.0.4 where we can't manually flash our OTAs. I think I am SOL until I get the OTA again or until someone unlocks that OTA from the posted link to flash with CWM.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

After looking at this a little more I think the only solution is going to be modifying the updater-script to make this work with CWM...

I haven't tried since I don't wanna risk this as it is my first time looking at the update.zip and even thinking about removing things from updater-script, but I think we have to:

1) remove checks
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

2) remove boot updates

3) remove recovery updates

Again I have never done this and not wanting to try so if someone has experience making OTAs work in CWM let us know. With that we should be able to flash up to JB with update and then flash our back stock JB recovery to get to stock for next JB update in case we want to take the next update OTA.
25th July 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #194  
Lothaen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 407
 
4,009 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyr6

I think it's related to the not allowing manually flashing OTA via stock recovery started in 4.0.4.

So my initial OTA failed because I had CWM installed instead of stock. Then that update was removed (fortunately I saved it) and system updates in about no longer show I have an update even after clearing data from google services framework. So now I am trying to manually flash the failed OTA from earlier and running into the issue from 4.0.3->4.0.4 where we can't manually flash our OTAs. I think I am SOL until I get the OTA again or until someone unlocks that OTA from the posted link to flash with CWM.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

After looking at this a little more I think the only solution is going to be modifying the updater-script to make this work with CWM...

I haven't tried since I don't wanna risk this as it is my first time looking at the update.zip and even thinking about removing things from updater-script, but I think we have to:

1) remove checks
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

2) remove boot updates

3) remove recovery updates

Again I have never done this and not wanting to try so if someone has experience making OTAs work in CWM let us know. With that we should be able to flash up to JB with update and then flash our back stock JB recovery to get to stock for next JB update in case we want to take the next update OTA.

I'm not sure either to be honest, but I don't know why the check for the device/product fails - its still a wingray with stock everything + custom recovery... boot updates - would have thought you could leave them - just remove the recovery checks/updates?

someone did make a CWM flashable zip for 4.0.4 so someone will likely do it again - annoying that we can't apply this though...

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothaen

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...6.f85d815e.zip

There's your OTA

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

@oldblue910 can you update the OP?

edit: minus mirror: http://minus.com/lQ9FgzQhTEHey
Last edited by Lothaen; 25th July 2012 at 10:17 AM.
25th July 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #195  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Successfully flashed the OTA zip-file using CWM and an USB drive + OTG cable.
25th July 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #196  
Junior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabcyn

Successfully flashed the OTA zip-file using CWM and an USB drive + OTG cable.

Did you flash the straight file? Did you leave root? Did you unroot or use OTA rootsaver? Which CWM?

I had Tiamat RC4 and it was failing wingray assert.

I also tried 4.0.0.4 stingray and had the same failing wingray assert.
Last edited by speedyr6; 25th July 2012 at 10:40 AM.
25th July 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #197  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Flashed the non-modified OTA zip-file, yes. I haven't rooted at all, so i did a oem unlock, flashed CWM (5.8.3.1 touch) recovery and then flashed the OTA zip.

A bit weird though: I tried to relock using oem lock, and after that it failed to boot stating "Failed to boot LNX 0x0004". Apparently, this happens when the installed software is not 100% stock. Sorted it out by unlocking again, but a word of warning to everyone doing this.

I was on 100% stock 4.0.4 IMM76 before doing this. No custom recovery or root or anything.
Last edited by rabcyn; 25th July 2012 at 11:31 AM.
25th July 2012, 10:42 AM   |  #198  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Bit confusing here??? so the OTA update is delayed? or is it out?
25th July 2012, 10:53 AM   |  #199  
Junior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeba

Bit confusing here??? so the OTA update is delayed? or is it out?

"Officially" I don't think it's out but the one that I posted came to my Xoom as an OTA update as part of the soak test I had signed up for. I just copied it out of my cache folder to make sure I had a copy and then posted the name where the official link above came from. Unfortunately only 1 person has gotten it to work so far...
25th July 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #200  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
idea:
Setup a PC with WiFi hotspot open
share internet conection
connect xoom to pc, so it can go in internet thru PC
SNIFF data (wireshark/ethercap or similar) when xoom chek if there is update, i hope you can see the link
point/change the new OTA JB whit the name of old, with rename changhe dns/host/localproxy
try if xoom install OTA jb from "internet"


same way someone get psn game on ps3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes