With that said, I've done it and it works fine for me.
EDIT: Added (8107 to 8112) Update for those on Rogers
FYI: These files should be able to be used on all Windows Phones, Not just Lumia's
Hi Everyone. bobzero just posted the Tango CAB Update Links. I've taken his links, Downloaded the Files, Added xboxmod's Cab Sender, and Packaged it all into an easy to use Updater.
This will take your Lumia 900 (or Other Windows Phone) and make it Tango. <--- Dancing
My Current Info:
Prerequisite; You must be running 8112 already. - (Now Added 8112 Update from 8107 for Rogers Customers; Read Below!)
1. Download SuperSport Easy Tango Update.exe.
2. Run SuperSport Easy Tango Update.exe, it should have my SuperSport icon.
3. When it's finished Extracting, you will see a new folder called "Tango Update".
4. Inside "Tango Update" Folder, Find and Run "WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat"
5. When the Command Prompt opens, Press "B" to do a complete backup and then send the update. (If you have a current backup, you can press "S" to only send the update)
That's it, just wait a while for it to complete, about 10 or so minutes. Your phone will reboot with Tango installed. (If doing a backup also, it will take a while longer to backup first)
Keep in mind, this is only the OS update, and not a Firmware update. I'm sure ATT will be updating the Firmware when they release the Tango Update, but for now, enjoy Tango!
ROGERS CUSTOMERS: Download THIS update "SuperSport Easy 8107 to 8112 Update.exe" to bring your phone from 8107 to 8112 FIRST. Then apply the Tango Update. Use it the same way as the Tango Update, with the exception that the Folder name will be different. This one will create a folder called "8112 Update".
For more help on errors, etc, please check this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post27960331