Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 50,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Ion (LT28a) Flashed with Hong Kong (LT28i) ftf issues

Tip us?

randy_c
Old
Thanks Meter 28
How the internation firmware with all AT&T setting work? or do you have to flash back to original firmware?

earbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Will do upon receipt. Should be tomor, mon at latest. eb

Sent from my X10a using xda premium

lagunabrooks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy_c View Post
How the internation firmware with all AT&T setting work? or do you have to flash back to original firmware?
I don't even have the original firmware to flash back to yet. The international firmware is great., my biggest issue is that some text messages, from some people ( not all, not sure if it had to do with phone Contacts vs my gmail contacts) will show on the lock screen, but when the phone is unlocked, I can't find the text messages anywhere.
I also don't get the 4G icon in the status bar up top to often, it usually says 3G or H, but I think it really is 4G speed, it is much faster than what I have seen of 3G.
I prefer this firmware to the AT&T variant, it is more like a pure Sony firmware like you would see on an unlocked phone. Missing text messages are kind of a big deal, and I may want to switch back, wish we had root so I could just back up and restore easier.:(

earbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 137
I'll post the att fw soon as pos. You should be able to restore via pc connect, just fyi. eb

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

earbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Hey guys, got my ion in-hand. Wanted to backup firmware b4 doing anything for all our sake. Will flashtool work without screwing anything up?
Also, can't help but notice the missing curved screen. Anybody know what up? All pics even ones on the box show it curved but mine certainly ain't. Is that the case w you alls or did I just get fckd??? eb

Spectre51
Old
(Last edited by Spectre51; 4th July 2012 at 06:49 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1320

DONATE TO ME
I've only made the ftf after getting the two largest blob_f files from the sues folder. Don't even know how you would do it using just the software on the phone.

What do you mean by curved screen?

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Current Phones/Tablets:
OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

earbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Yeah, like the Nexus. Look at all the pics in the ads, am I imagining things???

earbrain
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Must've just been the glare. My bad. eb

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341010062103.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1165567

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1320

DONATE TO ME
Loaded the international firmware on my LT28at and it works fine so far. Loaded the apn that I posted earlier and the wifi hotspot worked fine. Not in an LTE area though so I couldn't test that. I'm setting it all up now and will try using it for the next few days and see if I notice any issues.

Current Phones/Tablets:
OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

randy_c
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I have a Xperia S bought this one because 4G (still waiting for deliver). Please test 4G if it's working. If it does I think should create a guide for flashing inter nation ROM, setting etc...