Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GT-S6802]All Discussion for Ace Duos (GSM+GSM)

Tip us?
 
championswimmer
Old
#1  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7503
Posts: 4,876
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [GT-S6802]All Discussion for Ace Duos (GSM+GSM)

i don't know if this thread exists but here i'm making it anyways

i wish to develop for this phone as my friend just bought one of this GT-S6802 phones lately.

You can post all development/discussion/news info right here on this thread and ask for any help too
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | TWRPXperia | Kernel Kitchen| TWRP Xperia (Legacy) | Xperia X10

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors : AndroidFileHost || Goo.im

Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z
 
championswimmer
Old
#2  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7503
Posts: 4,876
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
and the first question is....
it runs GB right? and an ICS update is on the cards if i'm not wrong?


any official methods to root this phone ?
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | TWRPXperia | Kernel Kitchen| TWRP Xperia (Legacy) | Xperia X10

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors : AndroidFileHost || Goo.im

Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z
 
voom
Old
(Last edited by voom; 28th June 2012 at 07:17 PM.)
#3  
voom's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2011
Hi! Glad to see the Ace Duos is being tackled by developers It is starting to show up in Germany these days, with the first shipments available end of next week... I alread ordered mine and am looking forward to whatever you come up with here (esp. root)

I see you are in India; while researching about the Ace Duos I realized, that there seem to be two different versions in India: The I589 esp. with a weaker camera and weaker processor, less storage space and Froyo - and the S6802 with 5MP cam, GB, 3GB storage etc. which is what we are going to see in Europe. Both came out this year in India?
The Following User Says Thank You to voom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aadroid.dev
Old
#4  
aadroid.dev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: XDA- 24/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
Hi! Glad to see the Ace Duos is being tackled by developers It is starting to show up in Germany these days, with the first shipments available end of next week... I alread ordered mine and am looking forward to whatever you come up with here (esp. root)

I see you are in India; while researching about the Ace Duos I realized, that there seem to be two different versions in India: The I589 esp. with a weaker camera and weaker processor, less storage space and Froyo - and the S6802 with 5MP cam, GB, 3GB storage etc. which is what we are going to see in Europe. Both came out this year in India?

The I589 is a duos with CDMA+GSM sim.
While the S6802 is a GSM+GSM version.....

And I589 came out in Q1 this year, and the S6802 came out in Q2
My Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2:
Highly modified stock
DorimanX kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to aadroid.dev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
voom
Old
#5  
voom's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2011
Does that mean the I589 has one sim for phone and one for data only? If that is the case, why, with lesser specs all around, is it the same price or even more expensive than the S6802?
 
championswimmer
Old
#6  
championswimmer's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7503
Posts: 4,876
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

 
DONATE TO ME
I589 has one SIM for GSM and the CDMA is usually built in (CDMA connections usually do not have a SIM)
both can be used for calls.
data on any one of them but one at a time not both simultaneously

S6802 (on which i intend to develop) is GSM + GSM
you can use data on both but 3G can be used only on one sim at a time ;p


i am looking to develop for the S6802 only.
if there are too many requests for the I589 i may support that too
If you like my work, you can donate or buy some of my apps on Play Store

CONTRIBUTIONS :
AOKP | TWRPXperia | Kernel Kitchen| TWRP Xperia (Legacy) | Xperia X10

My sources on github
List of donators
My download mirrors : AndroidFileHost || Goo.im

Phones

Xperia :: tipo . X10 . J . S . V . SP . ZR . Z . Z1compact . Z1 . Z2 . Z Ultra . Tablet Z
 
voom
Old
#7  
voom's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2011
I suppose the need for the S6802 will be much bigger, because it will be available all over the world; also, it seems the I589 runs Froyo, so that would be completely different things...
 
aadroid.dev
Old
#8  
aadroid.dev's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 173
Posts: 300
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: XDA- 24/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
Does that mean the I589 has one sim for phone and one for data only? If that is the case, why, with lesser specs all around, is it the same price or even more expensive than the S6802?
Quote:
Originally Posted by championswimmer View Post
I589 has one SIM for GSM and the CDMA is usually built in (CDMA connections usually do not have a SIM)
both can be used for calls.
data on any one of them but one at a time not both simultaneously
It has two sim slots, a CDMA and a GSM sim

ANd it is priced at around the a 1000INRs lesser than the GSM GSM version
My Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2:
Highly modified stock
DorimanX kernel
 
system.img
Old
#9  
system.img's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 485
Posts: 2,163
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chennai
Ace duos wont get ICS. It uses an Armv6 processor too and Samsung wont provide ics to those type of devices. Only Ace 2 has been confirmed to get ics.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
 
voom
Old
#10  
voom's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2011
Though the Ace will probably not get ICS oder JB oficially, a CM9 or CM10 is not out of the question, or is it?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes