Jelly BeanNexuS OTA port (AOSP Logcat Added)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
L

LastStandingDroid

ⒿjellyJOLLYteamⒿ​

wWTZ1.jpg

***Proudly Presents ***
You Jelly???
Proudly Presnets​

Important: before attempting to flash this ROM, please understand the risks to your device, which include the possibility of causing it to enter a bootloop, causing a soft-brick, or potentially even a hard-brick. Understand that the chances of causing a problem which cannot be fixed is very low, but still a real possibility. If something crazy should go wrong, and you end up with a broken device, do not blame anyone but yourself. Consider yourself warned.[/CENTER]

Here are a few things you should do before starting:
Create a full NANDroid backup.
Backup your /efs partition to an external location, such as your computer. A great tool to do this is provided by lyriquidperfectionEFS Pro.
Ensure that you're running a 5.x version of ClockworkMod Recovery.

Now that that's all said and done, let's commence with the...
Important: before attempting to flash this ROM, please understand the risks to your device, which include the possibility of causing it to enter a bootloop, causing a soft-brick, or potentially even a hard-brick. Understand that the chances of causing a problem which cannot be fixed is very low, but still a real possibility. If something crazy should go wrong, and you end up with a broken device, do not blame anyone but yourself. Consider yourself warned.

Here are a few things you should do before starting:
Create a full NANDroid backup.
Backup your /efs partition to an external location, such as your computer. A great tool to do this is provided by lyriquidperfectionEFS Pro.
Ensure that you're running a 5.x version of ClockworkMod Recovery.

Now that that's all said and done, let's commence with the...

Instructions—
  1. Using CWM, make sure to wipe data/factory reset
  2. From there, flash the ROM (JellyBeanAlpha.zip
    [*]Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    [*]Finally, reboot the device.

Downloads—

What works, what doesn't (Nexus OTA Port)—
  • Working: device boot | LED-flash | SD card (internal-only) | MTP (can't copy files) | ADB | Vibration | SuperUser | GSM (courtesy of bpear96) | Network Data (courtesy of stormtroopercs) | logcat (courtesy of edint3000 & bpear96, again).
  • Not working: WiFi | Bluetooth | Camera | Google Now/Google Search | Audio | anything else.

What works, what doesn't (AOSP Build - Thank you Stormtrooercs for logcat!)—
  • Working: device boot | LED-flash | SD card (internal-only) | MTP (can't copy files) | ADB | Vibration | SuperUser | GSM (courtesy of bpear96) | Network Data (Apn Needs To Be Set Manually) (courtesy of stormtroopercs) | logcat (courtesy of edint3000 & bpear96, again).
  • Not working: WiFi | Bluetooth | Camera | Google Now/Google Search | Audio | anything else.

Credits & thanks—
cile381, for getting the ROM to boot.
randomblame, for contributing to the work on the ROM.
bpear96, for fixing GSM and logcat, as well as hosting the ROM.
edint3000, for helping fix logcat.
stormtroopercs, for fixing network data.
michals1982, for hosting the ROM.
blurkness, for hosting the ROM.
Rueben_, for creating a video review.
LastStandingDroid, for creating and starting the original thread.
screamworks, for cleaning up and editing the OP.

mxp7t.png

Attachments

• CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip
    556.5 KB · Views: 4,450
Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Pre-Served

FAQ​

Q: Whats do i need?

Q: You need an Nokia3310 with Latest CWM (Syijah Kernel) or regular CWM Recovery (Latest)

Q Can i flash this ROM and revert back to my old ROM ?

A: Yes, but some people may have problem. Follow the instructions inside the Quote Below!

If this bricks your phone, and you cant boot or get kernel panic. AT YOUR OWN RISK try re partitioning and flashing a stock sammy rom in ODIN. This is what i did and it worked

You need to download this http://hotfile.com/dl/146321681/7a0247f/I9100XXKL1_I9100OXAKL1_OXA.zip.html in odin
CODE_I9100 goes in PDA GT-I9100-CSC-Multi goes in CSC and MODEM_I9100 goes in Phone the .pit file goes in PIT in ODIN then hit start
To easily root and return to CM9(if you want) flash this http://codeworkx.de/download/cyanogenmod/galaxys2/cm-9-20120420-ODIN-galaxys2.tar.md5 in ODIN. That will flash CM9 and CWMR
---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

I had one.. i didnt thank flashing a cm9 zip would almost brick my phone, and it shouldn't

Q: Is this rom avaialable for daily use

A: Absolutely NOT!

Q: Can i help?

A: yes logcat is needed: (How to Logcat)

Here's how to use logcat:
There are two main ways to do a logcat, within android, and through adb.
Logcat within android can be done one of two ways, through a Logcat app:
Here are two good examples are either: aLogcat or Catlog
I prefer catlog, because in my opinion it has a little bit nicer UI. Both of these programs can dump their logs to a txt file, which is very useful for debugging. Or, you can do it in terminal emulator (same rules as running through adb(see below))

On the other hand, using adb to run logcat, in my opinion is much more useful, because you can start using it when android boots (i.e. once the boot animation appears.)

The code for logcat to output to a file is
Code:
adb logcat > name of problem.txt
you can also do
Code:
adb logcat -f name of problem.txt
how I prefer to do it is this way:
Code:
adb logcat -v long > name of problem.txt
with the -v flag & the long argument, it changes output to long style, which means every line of logcat will be on its own line (makes it a little neater, imo)
Note: When outputting to a file, you will see a newline, but nothing printed, this is normal. To stop logcat from writting to a file, you need to press ctrl+c.

Here's where using logcat (via adb makes life really easy)
Lets say you find a problem you're having after looking at a logcat.

For example:
When I was trying to use a different ramdisk, wifi wouldn't work so I got a logcat that's almost 1300 lines long (a lot of stuff happens in the background)

So if you are searching for an error in the logcat file (it's always e/ for error, f/ for fatal. Those are the two main things that will break a system.)

Code:
D/dalvikvm(  871): GC_CONCURRENT freed 472K, 6% free 10224K/10823K, paused 1ms+6ms
V/AmazonAppstore.DiskInspectorServiceImpl(  871): Available blocks: 21981, Block size: 4096, Free: 90034176, Threshold: 5242880, withinThreshold? true
D/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Received action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
W/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Confused about why I'm running with this intent action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
D/dalvikvm(  890): GC_CONCURRENT freed 175K, 4% free 9375K/9671K, paused 2ms+3ms
V/AmazonAppstore.ReferenceCounter(  871): Reference (MASLoggerDB) count has gone to 0. Closing referenced object.
E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon 
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): runUpdateCommand doInBackground started.
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateCommand(  871): Not updating key: digitalLocker from: 1334228488057
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Finished UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: serviceConfig
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): performLogMetric: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): onBackgroundTaskSucceeded: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
W/CommandListener(  118): Failed to retrieve HW addr for eth0 (No such device)
D/CommandListener(  118): Setting iface cfg
D/NetworkManagementService(  203): rsp <213 00:00:00:00:00:00 0.0.0.0 0 [down]>
D/NetworkManagementService(  203): flags <[down]>
E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native daemon to interface setcfg - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface setcfg eth0 0.0.0.0 0 [down]} failed with code 400 : {Failed to set address (No such device)}
W/PackageParser(  203): Unknown element under <manifest>: supports-screen at /mnt/asec/com.android.aldiko-1/pkg.apk Binary XML file line #16
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): wpa_supplicant v0.8.x
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): random: Trying to read entropy from /dev/random
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Reading configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): ctrl_interface='eth0'
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): update_config=1
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Line: 4 - start of a new network block
D/wpa_supplicant(  930): key_mgmt: 0x4
(mind you, that's 29 lines out of 1300ish, just for example)

I then could do the following with logcat:
Code:
adb logcat WifiStateMachine:E *:S -v long > name of problem.txt

and this will only print out any errors associated with WifiStateMachine, and anything which is fatal, which makes it about a million times easier to figure out what's going on!

In WifiStateMachine:E, the :E = to look for Errors, the full list of options is as follows:
V — Verbose (lowest priority)
D — Debug
I — Info (default priority)
W — Warning
E — Error
F — Fatal
S — Silent (highest priority, on which nothing is ever printed)

You can replace the :E with any other letter from above to get more info.
In order to filter out anything other than what you are looking for (in this case, WifiStateMachine) you must put a *:S after your last command (i.e. WifiStateMachine:E ThemeChoose:V ... ... AndroidRuntime:E *:S)

Sources: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/logcat.html
http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

You all know the risks before flashing ANY ROM on XDA-Developers. don't come here and you bricked my phone because i didn't touch your phone.... end of this info

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

Keep us posted mate! Definitely getting a nexus device next time!

i will do :) if anyone consider to help its appriciated , editing boot.img wouldn't be stupid as i can't do it myself due to my pc won't allow me to ...

also its bed time here almsost ....

L

LastStandingDroid

I will continue nut crack this until i figure out what cause it to not boot.

Tough i think its the missing information in boot.img that cause it to not boot, tomorrow is a new day with porting

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

dev997

Jan 27, 2011
Irvine
Awesome !!!!

HI...

Great to see that someone is making an effort to get the awesomeness of jellybean on our droid.

I always delved and tried to port the Gnex ported AOSP rom based on Jellybean to out SGS2. I'm not really a dev so I tried gathering info from internet and follow some guidelines that were provided for successful port.

What I did was :
1. I downloaded awesome's Gnex jellybean port and used files from F1-pure Galaxy Nexus rom as I felt they might have most things similar.
2. Downloaded and set up kitchen.
3. Replaced boot.img from f1 to Gnex rom
4. Modified build.prop to match with our device's build.prop
5. Replaced updated.script in META-INF
6. Added HW lib files that were missing in Gnex rom
7. Compiled and build the rom back using kitchen.

I was quite afraid to try flashing it on my phone as there was a huge risk of bricking it. However I made up my mind to try it out.
I flashed the rom and to my surprise - the whole installation steps went totally fine with no errors. I was elated !!!
HOwever when it rebooted, it got hung up at Bootlogo...

So, as per my understanding either there is some kernel resources issue or I may have done something wrong :(

Anyways I'm ready to test and help in anyway I can for facilitating the port, but I'm not a dev.. just someone who's starting to be one :)

L

LastStandingDroid

HI...

Great to see that someone is making an effort to get the awesomeness of jellybean on our droid.

I always delved and tried to port the Gnex ported AOSP rom based on Jellybean to out SGS2. I'm not really a dev so I tried gathering info from internet and follow some guidelines that were provided for successful port.

What I did was :
1. I downloaded awesome's Gnex jellybean port and used files from F1-pure Galaxy Nexus rom as I felt they might have most things similar.
2. Downloaded and set up kitchen.
3. Replaced boot.img from f1 to Gnex rom
4. Modified build.prop to match with our device's build.prop
5. Replaced updated.script in META-INF
6. Added HW lib files that were missing in Gnex rom
7. Compiled and build the rom back using kitchen.

I was quite afraid to try flashing it on my phone as there was a huge risk of bricking it. However I made up my mind to try it out.
I flashed the rom and to my surprise - the whole installation steps went totally fine with no errors. I was elated !!!
HOwever when it rebooted, it got hung up at Bootlogo...

So, as per my understanding either there is some kernel resources issue or I may have done something wrong :(

Anyways I'm ready to test and help in anyway I can for facilitating the port, but I'm not a dev.. just someone who's starting to be one :)

Isn't nexus an neon device ? I know that one x made a port and its running the port, but did you use all framework files? Because we can't mix odex and deodexed what i know it can cause problems
Edit i will work on getting boot image extracted whew i come home also i will all. Vold.fstab so. SD may be mounted. Note that it wasn't mounted on all devices

Last edited:

[SIC]

May 23, 2011
You should mos def keep the paranoid base imo.
Most versatile ROM out there :)
And thanks for porting :D

eisdrachen

Nov 23, 2010
But Google said in I/O that the Jelly Bean Framework is a lot more "buttered", there are specific Project Butter changes to let it work like a charm. If you replace ALL framwork-files, it would be an ICS with Jelly Bean look. Am I right?

L

LastStandingDroid

But Google said in I/O that the Jelly Bean Framework is a lot more "buttered", there are specific Project Butter changes to let it work like a charm. If you replace ALL framwork-files, it would be an ICS with Jelly Bean look. Am I right?

No because we replace all files with jelly bean even framework

EDIT: Rebase will be done!

New Port will be based on ; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1737849

Last edited:
L

LastStandingDroid

You should mos def keep the paranoid base imo.
Most versatile ROM out there :)
And thanks for porting :D

Greetings again, the rom is still based on Paranoid CM9

Only thing left is the boot.img to make it boot (Eventually)

Lets wait for: cile381

(Sorry i can't fix it myself, any method i use to setup it up right doesn't work)

its my PC.. i guess that is damaged somehow.....

mightyillidan

Oct 26, 2011
guyz some one start a porting thread and lets make a team for porting jb now enough discussion the one x has got it already

L

LastStandingDroid

guyz some one start a porting thread and lets make a team for porting jb now enough discussion the one x has got it already

This is a port thread ;)
the thing is: this thread has nothing yet to give for the developement forum,

but i'm currently working on the port

Using Nexus as a base :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For a start not bad :)

DSCN0966.jpg
    Thread cleaned and closed

29 useless, arguing, bickering, childish posts were just removed. You who have had your posts removed are all on notice. I have your names. Behave like that in another thread and I will make it my personal mission to see that you are banned from XDA to learn the error of your ways.

By the way, the tags - the use of the word 'retard' is far too common amongst you all. Don't use it. I know who placed those tags. Duly noted. Really, you all need to grow up and learn to contribute to a community, not act like a bunch of schoolyard bullies.
    Remember this is a "port" of the SDK/Images dump, and not a full source port. A lot of things won't get fixed at all because it's not possible to fix them without sources.
    Team Hacksung will bring you the next CyanogenMod, fully working, as soon as Google releases the sources :)
    If the sorces are out dosent that render this useless!?!?!?!?!?!?! i mean why try get a alpha Potential bricking version rather than a nice clean simple one?

im building from sources :p brand new build
    Someone please ban jezus...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium