Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SGS-I747

Tip us?

mayhemer
Old
(Last edited by mayhemer; 30th August 2012 at 07:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
Default [MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SGS-I747

In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
There are also two zips to go back to stock Nfc, one is odexed and one deodexed.

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for I747UCALEM. This mod does not work with LFB now. It also doesn't work for CM9 or CM10. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the I747.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1712024&page=7
If you like my work, please donate!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to mayhemer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jiggytom
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I can confirm that the Lockscreen one is working!! Thanks a bunch.

Do you know how this affects battery life? What about for the "off" one?
The Following User Says Thank You to jiggytom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mayhemer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176
I used the Screenoff version for about a week and I didn't recognise battery drain. There should be an impact on battery but it is less than for example always active bluetooth.

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]
If you like my work, please donate!

screwyluie
Old
Thanks Meter 32
does this require the rom? or just root?

this is fantastic btw

T33H00
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default many thanks to you

I have been looking for this for while. Love to see you mod it.

RubenRybnik
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Just ordered my set of 15 NFC tags, should be here this week, looking forward to trying this out

Any update on the battery use with the screen off version? It'd be great to have the screen off version, but if it costs battery then it's almost as good just using lockscreen. Thanks to the dev for creating this, great hack

AT&T Samsung Galaxy III
Current ROM: CS Rom

XDA Gallery - Chrome Extension

bluemax189
Old
Thanks Meter 3
confirmed working with screen off zip. used v5 cwm to install. works perfectly and should have been like this out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemax189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

21stNow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How do I determine if I need the odex or deodexed stock ROM?

mburke178
Old
Thanks Meter 30
is anybody using this on the LG1 firmware?

circuit.007
Old
Thanks Meter 63
This work for tmobile as well?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium