[MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SPH-L710

Search This thread

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
There are also two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed. Use them only with the right firmware version (for example VPALEN).

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for the firmware SPH-L710_VPALEN. This mod does not work with LFB now. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the L710.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024

Attachments

• nfcmodL710_lockscreen.zip
    360.2 KB · Views: 282
  • nfcmodL710_screenoff.zip
    360.2 KB · Views: 359
  • nfcmodL710_stock_VPALEN_deodexed.zip
    360.9 KB · Views: 119
  • nfcmodL710_stock_VPALEN_odex.zip
    364 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
That's great. Asking just for the sake of asking, but in the future, would there potentially be an undo zip?

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
Just added two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed.

I also use the screenoff version on my international S3 and I do not notice a battery drain. I think there must be some battery drain but I think less than always having bluetooth enabled.

Have you already tested the Mod? Does it work for you?

Reactions: cbettis007
It does work! In nfc tasker i cant delete a tag. I can write a new tag perfectly That might be an nfc tasker problem and nithing to do with your mid though. I will enjoy this!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

if I wanted to go back to stock... Which I probably never will and I am on the stock rom, rooted . Which file do I use? Odexed or deodexed?

Reactions: mayhemer

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
Short answer: as long as you are at VPALEN both should work. Correct me if I am wrong!

But the choice depends mostly on your actual ROM. If it is deodexed, you should also use the deodexed version, if it is odexed, you should use the odexed one.
The original Samsung ROM is always odexed.

If you are not at VPALEN I would prefer the deodexed one or better the one I will provide for the new firmware.

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]

Reactions: cbettis007

Beakerzor

Jun 24, 2009
What is VPALEN? When I look at About Device, I see

Baseband Version
T999UVLEM

Build number
IMM76DT999UVALEM

Does that mean I should not use this mod?

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
What is VPALEN? When I look at About Device, I see

Baseband Version
T999UVLEM

Build number
IMM76DT999UVALEM

Does that mean I should not use this mod?

VPALEN is the sprint version; you're clearly on t-mobile.

You could try it, since its just an apk; but backup your existing and rom before hand.

Reactions: Beakerzor

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
I'm on tmobile s3 can someone confirm it works for tmobile? Don't want to mess up my phone. And if I want to go to back to stock nfc should I use odex or deodexed one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

halmo20

Feb 16, 2010
I am having problem where phone will not read any NFC tag after a long period of inactivity. I have to toggle NFC off and on before it will start working again. I am not sure if it has to do with this mod or not.
Also, I am on the new LG2 version and want to know if I can use stock zip to uninstall mod or not.. I want to go back to stock but not sure if I can use vpalen zip...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
    There are also two zips to go back to stock NFC, one is odexed and one deodexed. Use them only with the right firmware version (for example VPALEN).

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for the firmware SPH-L710_VPALEN. This mod does not work with LFB now. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the L710.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024
    Yes, it is on my queue.

Of cause I can create one. Just need a few minutes time ;)

Heres a deodexed LIH version.

Thanks

here is the mod for LIH created from your Nfc.apk.
    anyone test this on the final sprint lj7 release? does the LIH version work? (I am assuming it will since the nfc.apk is not likely to have changed)

Just tested - the LIH screen off version DOES work on lj7. (Oh, and with the official lj7 being out, no reason to do an li3 version.)