Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,005 Members 49,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

Tip us?

amokkx
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek88 View Post
is that really gonna to happen? so what will happen when we visit sites that have flash (which many do)?

sounds like android wants to become IOS?
As I understood it, Adobe will leave the app in the store, they just won't optimize/develop it any further. And as I said in my earlier post, Google will keep developing Flash Player for Linux as a plugin for Chrome. So my guess is, that they will implement it in their Chrome-App.

Flash always sucked in perfomance and had security issues all the way. HTML5 is the way to go. We just gotta hope that more and more websites will support HTML5 instead of lame Flash Player.

BiteBlaze
Old
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek88 View Post
is that really gonna to happen? so what will happen when we visit sites that have flash (which many do)?

sounds like android wants to become IOS?
Maybe flash is just integrated

Add me on Google Plus and Follow me on Twitter for ROM releases, beta versions, news, and other fun stuff!

If you like my work or I have helped you, hit THANKS and DONATE

COLDBLOODED ROMS IS DOWN UNTIL I CAN BUY A NEW COMPUTER

xxquicksh0txx
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Flash player is going to go away in the future anyways, it's all going towards html5. You're going to start seeing more html5 and less flash on the internet.

WCCobra
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxquicksh0txx View Post
Flash player is going to go away in the future anyways, it's all going towards html5. You're going to start seeing more html5 and less flash on the internet.
I agree, Adobe decided to kill flash. Google has no reason to keep flash alive. Don't you think Chrome would already support Flash if they were going to?

kekkojoker90
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by whozilla View Post
Based on the little material I have read
4.1 Change log
.chrome as default
.adobe flash removed
.Smoother ui (butter)
.secure face unlock
.scrollable notifications
.disable notifications feature.
.google voice search/now (Replace search button)siri
.improved home screen customization
.google play content update.
.NFC update.

Correct me if I'm wrong or missed something

Sent from my HTC One S.
You missed google ears. If you ask what is it? Is widget like shazam, find title of music and search in google music

mythek88
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokkx View Post
As I understood it, Adobe will leave the app in the store, they just won't optimize/develop it any further. And as I said in my earlier post, Google will keep developing Flash Player for Linux as a plugin for Chrome. So my guess is, that they will implement it in their Chrome-App.

Flash always sucked in perfomance and had security issues all the way. HTML5 is the way to go. We just gotta hope that more and more websites will support HTML5 instead of lame Flash Player.
thanks for the information, i feel more relieved

batiste93
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ahh the long months before we get a glimpse of Jelly Bean on our device...

GerBBAR14_c
Old
Thanks Meter 126
So how is this going to work?

The JB source will be released in July, right? Can modders start building full, working ROM's after that or do they need something more? What? Do we need something from HTC?

The system dump or anythin' like that isn't enough for a fully working ROM, AFAIK - right?

Dunno about making ROM's like... anything

Thanks for everyone who dedicate their time for this!!

kjacksonmusic
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerBBAR14_c View Post
So how is this going to work?

The JB source will be released in July, right? Can modders start building full, working ROM's after that or do they need something more? What? Do we need something from HTC?

The system dump or anythin' like that isn't enough for a fully working ROM, AFAIK - right?

Dunno about making ROM's like... anything

Thanks for everyone who dedicate their time for this!!

the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.

invasion2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,290
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to the One S picture. The Ville will be getting JB, correct? I'm guessing it is, but just a matter of when.

Tags
jellybean, one s