No registration required

JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

OP O_G

1st July 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 127

563 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invasion2

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to the One S picture. The Ville will be getting JB, correct? I'm guessing it is, but just a matter of when.

It hasn't been confirmed by HTC, but they've said some models will get JB. And as One S is one of their top-models, yes, it will definitely have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacksonmusic

the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.

What is an AOSP ROM?
Can the fully working ROM made from the dev kit?
And where do we get the kernel, in general? HTC?

The Following User Says Thank You to GerBBAR14_c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Space, the ONLY Frontier
Thanks Meter: 1,290

2,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerBBAR14_c

It hasn't been confirmed by HTC, but they've said some models will get JB. And as One S is one of their top-models, yes, it will definitely have it.

What is an AOSP ROM?
Can the fully working ROM made from the dev kit?
And where do we get the kernel, in general? HTC?

AOSP is Android Open Source Project - AKA PURE Android. No Sense, Touchwiz, Motoblur, or whatever. Pure, stock Android.
1st July 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #23  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 114

105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacksonmusic

the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.

The Dev Kit is for developing apps. You can port a crappy unstable rom from the "rom" that coms with the emulator or the ota roms for the galaxy nexus but to build a full working rom you need the source code and this will be released in mid july.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2
Last edited by hansthegeek; 1st July 2012 at 10:06 AM.
1st July 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #24  
Flag signal hill ca
Thanks Meter: 25

191 posts
More
Curious.. sense 4.1??? Maybe?

Sent from my HTC One S.
2nd July 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #25  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 967

1,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whozilla

Curious.. sense 4.1??? Maybe?

Sent from my HTC One S.

HTC will probably skip 4.1 and go to 4.2, 4.3, or 4.5. Thats just what they do. And we can hope
4th July 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
i want that delicious high frame rate
4th July 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #27  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 131

800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteBlaze

HTC will probably skip 4.1 and go to 4.2, 4.3, or 4.5. Thats just what they do. And we can hope

They need to scrap Sense as-is, even 4.0 is rubbish. It's too convoluted. They just need to toss it and start fresh, which they said they did with 4.0, but if you look in system/app you can see how poorly they implemented the functionality with ~1000 apk and odex files with no obvious function(s). It's ridiculous. And a big reason 4GB of the sd are dedicated to system partition, instead of a reasonable 2. This is my first Sense device, and I'm pretty sure, unless I receive a lobotomy in the future, it will be my last. The hardware is beautiful, but Sense ruins the experience.

As far as JB is concerned, I'd be happy with a bump to ICS 4.0.4 since you're not going to see much of a difference between that and 4.1 with Sense ruining the experience anyway.

Sent from my H1S using XDA Premium.
Last edited by MadJoe; 4th July 2012 at 04:05 PM.
5th July 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #28  
Flag Outer Rim
Thanks Meter: 609

1,071 posts
More
Chrome will be standard browser ONLY ON TABLET
5th July 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 194

141 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe

They need to scrap Sense as-is, even 4.0 is rubbish. It's too convoluted. They just need to toss it and start fresh, which they said they did with 4.0, but if you look in system/app you can see how poorly they implemented the functionality with ~1000 apk and odex files with no obvious function(s). It's ridiculous. And a big reason 4GB of the sd are dedicated to system partition, instead of a reasonable 2. This is my first Sense device, and I'm pretty sure, unless I receive a lobotomy in the future, it will be my last. The hardware is beautiful, but Sense ruins the experience.

As far as JB is concerned, I'd be happy with a bump to ICS 4.0.4 since you're not going to see much of a difference between that and 4.1 with Sense ruining the experience anyway.

Sent from my H1S using XDA Premium.

Yea I remember looking at that and seeing the bagillion files in sense. I love the Hardware of this device, been running CM9 (base) pretty much since I started....love it.
5th July 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 84

704 posts
More
Cool Just my 2 cents
I think before HTC releases anything to us or our carriers for a OTA I wish they would fix the issues/problems/bugs they already have before releasing anything, JB sounds awesome but all in all if that is being released after testing with users of android that are willing to sacrifice their time and usability of their phone to help the google/HTC department get stuff right instead of releasing as soon as its up and running. Hint T-mobile/HTC. I honestly don't see why they don't just come to XDA and pay dev's here who are dedicated to each device in our section's on XDA so they can offer a great variety of functionality and different user experience's/preference's to the public. I'm just saying. Aside from what I have read about JB it may not be much difference other than smoothness and frame rate, unless Sense is added. It does sound like a different experience. I would be willing to be a beta user

The Following User Says Thank You to tongueman87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jellybean, one s
Previous Thread Next Thread