Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

Tip us?

GerBBAR14_c
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by invasion2 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to the One S picture. The Ville will be getting JB, correct? I'm guessing it is, but just a matter of when.
It hasn't been confirmed by HTC, but they've said some models will get JB. And as One S is one of their top-models, yes, it will definitely have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacksonmusic View Post
the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.
What is an AOSP ROM?
Can the fully working ROM made from the dev kit?
And where do we get the kernel, in general? HTC?

The Following User Says Thank You to GerBBAR14_c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

invasion2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerBBAR14_c View Post
It hasn't been confirmed by HTC, but they've said some models will get JB. And as One S is one of their top-models, yes, it will definitely have it.

What is an AOSP ROM?
Can the fully working ROM made from the dev kit?
And where do we get the kernel, in general? HTC?

AOSP is Android Open Source Project - AKA PURE Android. No Sense, Touchwiz, Motoblur, or whatever. Pure, stock Android.

hansthegeek
Old
(Last edited by hansthegeek; 1st July 2012 at 09:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacksonmusic View Post
the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.
The Dev Kit is for developing apps. You can port a crappy unstable rom from the "rom" that coms with the emulator or the ota roms for the galaxy nexus but to build a full working rom you need the source code and this will be released in mid july.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

whozilla
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Curious.. sense 4.1??? Maybe?

Sent from my HTC One S.

BiteBlaze
Old
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whozilla View Post
Curious.. sense 4.1??? Maybe?

Sent from my HTC One S.
HTC will probably skip 4.1 and go to 4.2, 4.3, or 4.5. Thats just what they do. And we can hope

Add me on Google Plus and Follow me on Twitter for ROM releases, beta versions, news, and other fun stuff!

If you like my work or I have helped you, hit THANKS and DONATE

COLDBLOODED ROMS IS DOWN UNTIL I CAN BUY A NEW COMPUTER

johnyu142
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i want that delicious high frame rate

MadJoe
Old
(Last edited by MadJoe; 4th July 2012 at 03:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiteBlaze View Post
HTC will probably skip 4.1 and go to 4.2, 4.3, or 4.5. Thats just what they do. And we can hope
They need to scrap Sense as-is, even 4.0 is rubbish. It's too convoluted. They just need to toss it and start fresh, which they said they did with 4.0, but if you look in system/app you can see how poorly they implemented the functionality with ~1000 apk and odex files with no obvious function(s). It's ridiculous. And a big reason 4GB of the sd are dedicated to system partition, instead of a reasonable 2. This is my first Sense device, and I'm pretty sure, unless I receive a lobotomy in the future, it will be my last. The hardware is beautiful, but Sense ruins the experience.

As far as JB is concerned, I'd be happy with a bump to ICS 4.0.4 since you're not going to see much of a difference between that and 4.1 with Sense ruining the experience anyway.

Sent from my H1S using XDA Premium.

Rampage
Old
Thanks Meter 609
Chrome will be standard browser ONLY ON TABLET

brwetz
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoe View Post
They need to scrap Sense as-is, even 4.0 is rubbish. It's too convoluted. They just need to toss it and start fresh, which they said they did with 4.0, but if you look in system/app you can see how poorly they implemented the functionality with ~1000 apk and odex files with no obvious function(s). It's ridiculous. And a big reason 4GB of the sd are dedicated to system partition, instead of a reasonable 2. This is my first Sense device, and I'm pretty sure, unless I receive a lobotomy in the future, it will be my last. The hardware is beautiful, but Sense ruins the experience.

As far as JB is concerned, I'd be happy with a bump to ICS 4.0.4 since you're not going to see much of a difference between that and 4.1 with Sense ruining the experience anyway.

Sent from my H1S using XDA Premium.

Yea I remember looking at that and seeing the bagillion files in sense. I love the Hardware of this device, been running CM9 (base) pretty much since I started....love it.
device LG Nexus 4

tongueman87
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Cool Just my 2 cents

I think before HTC releases anything to us or our carriers for a OTA I wish they would fix the issues/problems/bugs they already have before releasing anything, JB sounds awesome but all in all if that is being released after testing with users of android that are willing to sacrifice their time and usability of their phone to help the google/HTC department get stuff right instead of releasing as soon as its up and running. Hint T-mobile/HTC. I honestly don't see why they don't just come to XDA and pay dev's here who are dedicated to each device in our section's on XDA so they can offer a great variety of functionality and different user experience's/preference's to the public. I'm just saying. Aside from what I have read about JB it may not be much difference other than smoothness and frame rate, unless Sense is added. It does sound like a different experience. I would be willing to be a beta user

The Following User Says Thank You to tongueman87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
jellybean, one s