Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus Confirmes Audio Dock

Tip us?

neok44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Default Asus Confirmes Audio Dock

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4630...s-7-audio-dock

Looks like it's going to be just an audio dock, connects through the pogo pins. Good since the single speaker would kinda suck.

no word on HDMI/MHL but i don't think those can work through the pogo pins anyway.

ktownhero
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Perfect.

jonnyg1097
Old
(Last edited by jonnyg1097; 29th June 2012 at 03:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 119
whaaaaat? this tab has pogo pins? cool

Perhaps with it having 4 pins it will allow for data to transfer with it (unlike the nexus with it only having 3 pins).

Step666
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,061
Threads about accessories go in the Accessories section

calvin4001
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok44 View Post
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4630...s-7-audio-dock

Looks like it's going to be just an audio dock, connects through the pogo pins. Good since the single speaker would kinda suck.

no word on HDMI/MHL but i don't think those can work through the pogo pins anyway.
So, you find this out and post it on xda without telling me? Jerk.
The Following User Says Thank You to calvin4001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pache711
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Micro USB to HDMI Cable Included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok44 View Post

If you go to the ifixit tear down the have a picture of an included micro usb to HDMI cable. I would link it but the ifixit site is down....

Souai
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by pache711 View Post
If you go to the ifixit tear down the have a picture of an included micro usb to HDMI cable. I would link it but the ifixit site is down....
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus-7-Teardown/9623/2

contrary to popular belief, the asus nexus 7 actually has TWO speakers/drivers. its shown in the first pic. theyre closer together compared to in the memo 370t, but there are two.

i havent seen how theyre hooked up, but theyre either in two channel mode or in single channel mode. chances are that theyre in single channel mode. even if it were in dual channel mode, theyre so close together it wouldnt even matter, it would sound like a nearfield setup.

MWBehr
Old
Thanks Meter 368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pache711 View Post
No, unfortunately they screwed up. That's the cable included with the Nexus Q, there's still no HDMI capabilities for the Nexus 7.
Like my work? Buy me some

Glasstopia Projects: Nexus 7 | CM9/AOKP | Vibrant
Currently Running: 3 different roms a day....if you need to get ahold of me, send a pigeon

FrayAdjacent
Old
Thanks Meter 22
What with there being FOUR pogo pins, I hope it is just a straight up USB type connection. That would make it pretty damn easy to make docks with USB connections for peripherals or whatever external storage may end up working with the device.

Can't wait to get my N7!