FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to remove AT&T Address Book Pop-up

1,052 posts
Thanks Meter: 620

By RampageRR, Senior Member on 29th June 2012, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I swear I saw a post about this somewhere before I got my phone, but now I can't find it... How the hell do you get the "AT&T Address Book - Checking Subscriber Information" pop-up to stop coming up every time you open up the Contacts app?

I tried clearing cache in Contacts, didn't work. I have frozen ALL AT&T bloatware, still coming up. I'm not sure which app is causing this stupid pop-up. Help would be appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to RampageRR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RampageRR Ad-Free

29th June 2012, 07:44 PM |#2  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Settings -> Application Manager -> "All" tab -> "AT&T Messages"
Click Stop if its running then Disable.

See if that works.
The Following User Says Thank You to bardroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bardroid Ad-Free
29th June 2012, 10:40 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC/MD/VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardroid

Settings -> Application Manager -> "All" tab -> "AT&T Messages"
Click Stop if its running then Disable.

See if that works.

Thanks, already tried that, for some reason it kept popping up. I ended up rooting, and renaming the app with a .bak extension, and rebooting. Seems to have gone away now. Thanks for pointing me to the right app though.
29th June 2012, 11:20 PM |#4  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 24

More
here's the old thread (it was mine)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1724071

It ended up stopping popping up for me without really needing to do anything. Not sure what if anything changed but I never rooted or did any of the steps mentioned in the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to erikk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erikk Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 05:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 495

More
What worked for me is just let it do it's thing, don't hit cancel. A pop up will come up asking you if you want it to check or sync with AT&T address book next time, paraphrasing here, click no. Done. Now when I got into my contacts it doesn't come up anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgetz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gadgetz Ad-Free
3rd July 2012, 01:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetz

What worked for me is just let it do it's thing, don't hit cancel. A pop up will come up asking you if you want it to check or sync with AT&T address book next time, paraphrasing here, click no. Done. Now when I got into my contacts it doesn't come up anymore.

I did the same thing and it never came back up for me. This was before I was rooted. Even after I don't get it anymore
3rd July 2012, 06:23 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag DC/MD/VA

More
No clue. I let it do its thing probably 10 times and it never went away. Now that I rooted and removed anything related to AT&T, it doesn't come up anymore. I have no idea why my phone was being so stubborn with it.
15th September 2012, 08:57 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Recently install SKY ICS, and there are no apps with AT&T or YP, but the checking still comes up... any clues?
16th September 2012, 12:38 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
I froze everything att with titanium and hasn't happened to me..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
4th April 2016, 10:28 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Disable AT&T address book
Saw this some where.. got the issue resolved on my LG V10 AT&t model. All credits to the original uploader

"Go to dialer than dial *#*#2666#*#* and setting "registration" to "completed". Exit out than you are done."
29th July 2016, 10:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahid78

Saw this some where.. got the issue resolved on my LG V10 AT&t model. All credits to the original uploader

"Go to dialer than dial *#*#2666#*#* and setting "registration" to "completed". Exit out than you are done."

Absolutely worked for me. Thanks so much!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)