XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Voice and call log?

Tip us?

ronin4740
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default [Q] Google Voice and call log?

Both my T989 (Galaxy II) and T999 (Galaxy III) are setup to use google voice for all calls.

On my T989 the call logs showed the numbers of the contacts I dialed in the call log and I believe when I was dialing out.

On the T999 the call logs show the google voice number that bridges the call, not the callers phone number and shows the same when dialing out.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this so the contact's name/number is shown in the call logs rather than the number the phone dialed to connect the call.

Anyone had and fixed this issue?

Thanks!
Tmobile Galaxy S IV.
The Following User Says Thank You to ronin4740 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradwdx
Old
(Last edited by bradwdx; 30th June 2012 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I'm experiencing the same issue with outbound google voice calls and the stock dialer logs.
The Following User Says Thank You to bradwdx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronin4740
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not the only one having this problem.
Tmobile Galaxy S IV.

bradwdx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
by any chance is this working as expected for anyone? hard to believe no one else has noticed and commented.

seeing the random outbound number in the dialer's call log is frustrating.

pyrofallout
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same issue here on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

vinuneuro
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Same here.

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 203
having the same problem as well on my SGS 3... works as expected on my HTC 1XL. seems you can redial the number you intended to dial from the call log.
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy
The Following User Says Thank You to cortez.i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rifleman2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740 View Post
Both my T989 (Galaxy II) and T999 (Galaxy III) are setup to use google voice for all calls.

On my T989 the call logs showed the numbers of the contacts I dialed in the call log and I believe when I was dialing out.

On the T999 the call logs show the google voice number that bridges the call, not the callers phone number and shows the same when dialing out.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this so the contact's name/number is shown in the call logs rather than the number the phone dialed to connect the call.

Anyone had and fixed this issue?

Thanks!
same problems on my I747 (AT&T S3). Very annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to rifleman2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Janis
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Ditto. Very frustrating. It seems to my limited brain that it might be the phone apk taking it's data from a network source rather than the phone's dialer. I'm contemplating trying a different model's phone.apk, but I really need my phone to work, and I haven't flashed a ROM yet on this one.
Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T), stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
T-mobile S3, stock rooted with CF-Auto Root
Galaxy Note GT-N7000, RocketRom
TPT 16gb stock rooted back from repair & working slowly but beautifully
Vibrant & still pretty happy with it with CM10.1
G1 on CM6 as kitchen timer and remote keyboard

Flashing is better in your jammies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Janis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ragarwal74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
No more comments since, have you guys figured out how to fix this. If yes, kindly post the solution.

This is ridiculous, I am seriously considering taking this (otherwise a fine) phone back to store.

This bug is a deal breaker for me. Good phone/hardware/software design should follow standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Ditto. Very frustrating. It seems to my limited brain that it might be the phone apk taking it's data from a network source rather than the phone's dialer. I'm contemplating trying a different model's phone.apk, but I really need my phone to work, and I haven't flashed a ROM yet on this one.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Seriously, this is absolutely a huge annoyance. Completely a deal breaker. I am going to take this phone back if this can't be fixed.

I refuse to deal with this. I need GV to work as intended. I need to have this ANDROID phone behave like an android phone. If I wanted a phone controlled by the manufacturer, I would buy the crap iPhone.

Really, either Samsung fixes this issue within this week, or this phone is going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
having the same problem as well on my SGS 3... works as expected on my HTC 1XL. seems you can redial the number you intended to dial from the call log.