[HOW TO] Root Atrix 2 running on Android GB(2.3.6) / ICS(4.0.4).
This is a method to root Atrix 2 running on Android GB(2.3.6) / ICS(4.0.4).
Last updated on 26th July 2012
Everything including the setting inside superuser which was not working in superuser 3.1
If you use this MOD, then please click on thanks button below.
I have updated this method to latest version of superuser 3.1.3 and su binary 3.1.1 for better compatibility with various Apps.
By following the below instructions you will be rooted in no time. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Features added in superuser 3.1.3:
2. Ota survival
3. Outdated binary Notification
1. Enable "USB debugging" in your phone settings
2. Download the attachment Named "Motofail Root (superuser 3.1.3, su binary 3.1.1).zip" to root Android GB(2.3.6)
or Attachment named "ICS_root(superuser 3.1.3 and su binary 3.1.1) .zip" to root Android ICS (4.0.4).
3. Uninstall your old Motorola drivers from PC and install these new drivers
4. Connect your phone with original USB cable that came with your phone.
5. To root Android GB(2.3.6) click on "Click-To-Root.bat" in the attachment folder or
To root Android ICS(4.0.4) click on "Root.bat" in the attachment folder
6.Your phone will reboot 2-3 times don't remove the USB cable during this process
If you are unable to Root even after following the above MOD then perform a Factory restore after OTA update and retry.