[Q] How to update to ICS on an unbranded phone

Tip us?

aswmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] How to update to ICS on an unbranded phone

Hallo Guys,

I bought an Amaze few days ago, has GB on it and i'd like to update it to ICS. I purchased the phone in Europe (Hungary) as brand new, carrier free (unbranded) & SIM free, actually I use a Vodafone SIM card in it.

I tried to update the phone in the About Phone menu --> Software Updates, but no updates available.

I've reed the following post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1637314
and downloaded this ROM: RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.3_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release. As I got it right I have to rename this to PH85IMG.zip, place on SD card, boot to bootloader and the rest will be done automatically.
I proceed accordingly but the phone sais that the phone type is incorrect. So i didn't got updated my phone.

I've checked lot of posts but didn't find any info regarding unbranded Amaze ICS update. If is it not necessary I don't wanna root the phone, only to got ICS update.

Attached you can find a picture abot my phone's bootloader.

The actually software status is the following:
Android version: 2.3.4
HTC Sense version: 3.0
Software nr: 1.60.707.3
Kernel: 2.6.35.13-g4a1059e
htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 21 17:44:59 CST 2012
Baseband version: 1.13.550L.13DC_30.69b.550L.101D
Build nr: 1.60.707.3 CL324941 release-keys

Please help me to have a suitable solution on this problem! Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0192.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	1166990  

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Your bootloader is the ICS version, so you get where I'm going with this right? Do you know how to use ADB?
"A little patience, some searching, a little help from each other we can all get along and get things done"

Phone: Google Nexus 5
Platform: Android
Version: 4.4.1
Kernel: Stock
ROM: Stock

Team Oxygen on Facebook

http://xda-blog.info/

Devices since on T-Mobile: BB 9780>Xperia X10a>G2x>Galaxy S II>Galaxy Nexus>BB 9780>BB 9800>Amaze>Amaze>Exhibit II 4G>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S III>Amaze 4G>SE Xperia Arc>Amaze>Galaxy S III (Titanium)>LG Nexus 4>iPhone 5>HTC One>Galaxy S IV>Sony Xperia Z/Google Nexus 4>S4>iPhone 5>LG G2> Nexus 5

(Missing devices but meh lol)

aswmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hi. Thanks for your replay. I didn't understand this exactly: "so you get where I'm going with this right?"

I used ADB on my previous phone (HTC Desire), but I'm not an expert, just followed some descriptions in a post.

So it's easy to perform the ICS update with this bootloader? How can I do that?

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswmaster View Post
Hi. Thanks for your replay. I didn't understand this exactly: "so you get where I'm going with this right?"

I used ADB on my previous phone (HTC Desire), but I'm not an expert, just followed some descriptions in a post.

So it's easy to perform the ICS update with this bootloader? How can I do that?
Nope, it won't be easy, what I'm saying is, your devices bootloader version is the version that you get when you update to ICS. Therefore it's kind of saying your device is already on ICS, but you say it's GB, If you know how to at least browse with cmd to your adb folder, then boot your phone into bootloader, choose the fastboot option, then on your pc and use the command: fastboot getvar cid and let me know what it says, that way I can tell you if we have any kind of files for your device or if you'll have to s-off in order for you to get the ICS software update on your device.
"A little patience, some searching, a little help from each other we can all get along and get things done"

Team Oxygen on Facebook

Devices since on T-Mobile: BB 9780>Xperia X10a>G2x>Galaxy S II>Galaxy Nexus>BB 9780>BB 9800>Amaze>Amaze>Exhibit II 4G>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S III>Amaze 4G>SE Xperia Arc>Amaze>Galaxy S III (Titanium)>LG Nexus 4>iPhone 5>HTC One>Galaxy S IV>Sony Xperia Z/Google Nexus 4>S4>iPhone 5>LG G2> Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Nightmare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aswmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hi. Many thanks for your kind help! I try to perform your instructions and let you know the result
Until that I made 2 shots about the actual system.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0198.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	1168868   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0199.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	1168869  

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Hi. Many thanks for your kind help! I try to perform your instructions and let you know the result
Until that I made 2 shots about the actual system.
Still need to know your cid so we can tell you if you use one of the files we have to update to GB.

Team Oxygen on Facebook

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Nightmare For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hasoon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 8743

DONATE TO ME
I googled his build number and it is an Asia WWE Firmware.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."
The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aswmaster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Nightmare View Post
Still need to know your cid so we can tell you if you use one of the files we have to update to GB.
I proceed according your instructions, attached the result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
I googled his build number and it is an Asia WWE Firmware.
I bought the phone in Europe (Hungary), "far far in the galaxy" from China
Maybe it's imported from there
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cid.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1169405  

hasoon2000
Old
Thanks Meter 8743

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I proceed according your instructions, attached the result.

I bought the phone in Europe (Hungary), "far far in the galaxy" from China
Maybe it's imported from there
HTC-Asia-SEA-WWE HTC__044

Your phone is from Southeast Asia.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasoon2000 View Post
HTC-Asia-SEA-WWE HTC__044

Your phone is from Southeast Asia.
Don't think s-off would be a good idea then. But that's his only option since his carrier doesn't have an update.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Team Oxygen on Facebook