Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ToolKit] Nexus 7 one click root tool !

Tip us?

m.sabra
Old
(Last edited by m.sabra; 3rd September 2012 at 03:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 529
Prompt [ToolKit] Nexus 7 one click root tool !

This tool will root you nexus 7 install su or super su and ClockWorkMod recovery!!
i already developed a similar tool for the nexus s and galaxy nexus,this tool is based on the same code with few modifications.it should root your device in few minutes,so give it a spin and tell me how it goes

Quote:
Disclaimer!
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked or damaged devices
YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
Quote:
DOWNLOAD
Current v1.5:http://d-h.st/xMX

Mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/?c29tr726xpejad7

(old versions)
v1.1: http://d-h.st/8I4
Quote:
HOW-TO
Extract the downloaded zip file on your pc,install the drivers available in the "drivers" folder if you don't have them already installed,after installing the drivers run the file called "root.exe" to root your device.

and here is a video that explains it all (big thank to SladeNoctics) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6uB...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Changelog

v1.5
-updated superuser and supersu
-new recovery (all cwm bugs should be fixed)
-new menu that
The Following 136 Users Say Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonnyg1097
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Well I am impressed. I thought for sure I would be seeing it AFTER it was shipped.

Good job!

movieaddict
Old
(Last edited by movieaddict; 30th June 2012 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
also do i need android sdk installed for this toolkit to work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffcorey View Post
You don't have to do anything in life except die. But unless you don't want any headaches, listen to the people giving you advice, they know what they're talking about.

IF ur a Noob watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

IF I HAVE HELPED U, I WOULD LOVE TO BE THANKED

My phone: Tmobil Samsung Galaxy S 4-rooted loving it!!

NEXus 7: rooted and loving it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to movieaddict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

torxx
Old
Thanks Meter 21,644

DONATE TO ME
If you have an android device, installing the android sdk or not should not be a question. It's always recommended having it on your PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to torxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeamonFish
Old
(Last edited by DeamonFish; 30th June 2012 at 07:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Darn, you beat me to it.

Indirect
Old
(Last edited by Indirect; 23rd August 2012 at 08:39 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,953

DONATE TO ME
Hrm...there are a lot of ways you could improve this.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RMXO
Old
(Last edited by RMXO; 30th June 2012 at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 536
This does unlock your device but it didn't root it. I tried Super USer & SuperSU option & both didn't root my device. Even though the dialog box says your device is rooted but it didn't root. My device would stay in fastboot screen forever & I would have to do a hard reboot (hold on to the power button). For root, I had to do "adb reboot recovery" & flash the SU zip file.

Thanks for your work!
TMO LG G3
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMXO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m.sabra
Old
(Last edited by m.sabra; 23rd August 2012 at 01:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieaddict View Post
also do i need android sdk installed for this toolkit to work?
it's better to install it,but you just need the device driver for this to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO View Post
This does unlock your device but it didn't root it. I tried Super USer & SuperSU option & both didn't root my device. Even though the dialog box says your device is rooted but it didn't root. My device would stay in fastboot screen forever & I would have to do a hard reboot (hold on to the power button). For root, I had to do "adb reboot recovery" & flash the SU zip file.

Thanks for your work!
well that's weird,it should work unless their is a problem with the recovery am using (it's not booting or flashing),can you check please if the su you are using (superuser or supersu) is getting pushed to your tab ? you should see it in your file manager in /sdcard/,from what you said i see that the recovery flashed but it didn't boot this why you had to boot it manually and flash su.(note that i don't have the nexus 7 so i didn't test this completely,i tested this on a nexus s by replacing the recovery with a nexus s one to assure their nothing wrong with the script)

also can anyone confirm this issue ? and if anybody rooted successfully with this please confirm,thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to m.sabra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoolApps
Old
Thanks Meter 600

DONATE TO ME
Whoooooo... Already there is a Way to root the Nexus 7!? :what:

Send from my LG GT540 Android 4.0.3 Polishblood PreRC CM9

RMXO
Old
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.sabra View Post
well that's weird,it should work unless their is a problem with the recovery am using (it's not booting or flashing),can you check please if the su you are using (superuser or supersu) is getting pushed to your tab ? you should see it in your file manager in /sdcard/,from what you said i see that the recovery flashed but it didn't boot this why you had to boot it manually and flash su.(note that i don't have the nexus 7 so i didn't test this completely,i tested this on a nexus s by replacing the recovery with a nexus s one to assure their nothing wrong with the script)

also can anyone confirm this issue ? and if anybody rooted successfully with this please confirm,thanks
Yes, superuser & SuperSU is pushed to sdcard
TMO LG G3
TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

The Following User Says Thank You to RMXO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
nexus 7, one click, root, tool, toolkit