Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 48,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] So are we all keeping our A700, or are we sending them back to Amazon?

Tip us?
 
Itchiee
Old
#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 831
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
Mine does get warm, but it never crashes or reboots so its not as major as some of these cases. Although I have modded mine a bit removing items I'll never use so this may have helped. I'm thinking of applying a heat shield internally to the back side to reduce the heat on the back cover... Other then this the tab is great. How about those speakers??? Awesome for movie watching.
The Following User Says Thank You to Itchiee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
acdcking12345
Old
#32  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 537
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
Mine does get warm, but it never crashes or reboots so its not as major as some of these cases. Although I have modded mine a bit removing items I'll never use so this may have helped. I'm thinking of applying a heat shield internally to the back side to reduce the heat on the back cover... Other then this the tab is great. How about those speakers??? Awesome for movie watching.

I ran the Setcpu stress test for 20 minutes. At the time it rebooted. And it wasnt all that hot...I am sending mine back.

You might want to try that test just to make sure it is ok before you mod it..
 
Itchiee
Old
#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 831
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
A 20 minute stress test is quite a workout and goes high above normal operation. I've played games and watched movies for longer then 20 minutes without issues. I guess I can give it a try but not sure if that will help me since I wont be running stress tests during my normal daily usage. Thank you.
 
Beknatok
Old
#34  
Beknatok's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 413
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicagoland Burbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdcking12345 View Post
Where did you pre order the TF700?


I am definitely sending the acer back
jr.com is the only (reputable) US retailer, who has the Infinity posted for pre-order.
 
acdcking12345
Old
#35  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 537
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
A 20 minute stress test is quite a workout and goes high above normal operation. I've played games and watched movies for longer then 20 minutes without issues. I guess I can give it a try but not sure if that will help me since I wont be running stress tests during my normal daily usage. Thank you.

True....But then the question becomes when do we decide if the tab has an issue or not?

But tests to be run to determine if we have a tablet with the issue?
 
Itchiee
Old
#36  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 831
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beknatok View Post
jr.com is the only (reputable) US retailer, who has the Infinity posted for pre-order.
Not any longer...dun dun dunnnnnn.




Yes acdcking12345, you are correct. I'll attempt to destroy mine tonight then.
 
acdcking12345
Old
#37  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 537
Join Date: Mar 2011
[QUOTE=Itchiee;28191805]Not any longer...dun dun dunnnnnn.

Where else?
 
acdcking12345
Old
#38  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 537
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchiee View Post
Not any longer...dun dun dunnnnnn.




Yes acdcking12345, you are correct. I'll attempt to destroy mine tonight then.

And one other question, Itchiee. I am sending mine back to get the asus Infinity...Is there a reason why you would prefer this one over the asus?
 
Itchiee
Old
#39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 831
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Somewhere Else
I like the build quality of the Acer it feels solid, also the ideal speaker locations for multimedia...

I'm a little leery of the build quality of the Asus, which has been mentioned in some initial reviews, and from watching it happen on the previous 3 Asus models (Signal-gate on the Prime). The speaker placement on the T300 and now the T700 seems to been non ideal for a tablet. They are on the back and right next to each other... I cant figure out why they did this making it essentially mono sound that faces away from the user..... Reports of back-light bleed which has plagued earlier tablets before. The back does scratch easy on this model as I've read a few reports, and it was pointed out in a couple of reviews.

Other then that the Asus has a killer screen, and it comes higher clocked which can help with the higher resolution, and has a newer Tegra 3 chip which helps... And of course we haven't heard of heat issues.
 
acdcking12345
Old
#40  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 537
Join Date: Mar 2011
Itchiee,


I cant argue with you at all. The Acer does have an excellent feel about it, and the screen is fantastic...


But with the asus coming out in 2 weeks, it is hard to just not go that route and pray the screen is ok...

Oh well, my wife has the A100 and she loves that thing. I hope I love the asus.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes