Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OV-Chipkaart

Tip us?

timmiej93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OV-Chipkaart

Hello people,
So I recently was playing around with some NFC apps, and I found out my OV-Chipkaart (Dutch public transit card) was read by my phone. Unfortunately I got a lot of numbers and stuff I didn't understand. Does anybody know more about this?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Root: Unlocked & Rooted by Wugfresh's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4
ROM (testing): ParanoidAndroid 1.9.1Alpha
Kernel: franco.Kernel 4.0.3/4

Vodafone (Libertel)
The Netherlands

I feel like I contribute far too little to this forum. Therefore, if you have ANY questions about my phone, rooting, flashing, or anything related, just PM me. Feel free!!
PM me!

Samsung Jet (S8000) --> HTC HD2 (T8585) (Broken) --> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250) (Current)

PieP
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The card is encrypted. If you get the key (there are a couple of articles on the internet which tell you how to get it), you should be able to read the entire card. Without the key you can only see the expiration date.
I saw it was possible to add your own MIFARE key in the TagInfo app. The only thing you need to get this key is an RFID-reader for your PC and some processing power (and the appropriate software).
HTC One X
The Following User Says Thank You to PieP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cu2080
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cool

Thats so cool

htcsnap93
Old
Thanks Meter 190
My acces card for school does the same. Found this out because everytime i put my phone kn my wallet it made a sound.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
I want my wife hot, my beer frozen and my X10i flashed.

I smile everytime I see this bootscreen.

buraki
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default UID

Each contactless chip (incuding the Mifare you have) has a unique id which is accessible to any contactless reader, in this case you phone. Unique id enables the reader to overcome collision for reading one chip at a time. This is is probably used as the id of your card by the system it is being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93 View Post
My acces card for school does the same. Found this out because everytime i put my phone kn my wallet it made a sound.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

QuBe2
Old
Thanks Meter 1292

DONATE TO ME
hey on they internet i found this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wyHfYDg4A

http://www.ov-chipkaart.me/forum/vie...bdb43&start=30

i tested it on my personal ov chipkaart but it didn' t work because i haven' t made a dump off the card. i haven' t got a reader for it so maybe if a xda that lives in Rotterdam/Cappele a/d Ijssel is kind enough to make a dump for me
PLEASE USE MY DROPBOXLINK http://db.tt/yqfnZayF

if you like my work >>><<<

Devices:
GALAXY S4 I9505
Galaxy Gear
Galaxy Nexus(retired)
Nexus 10
Desire C (sold)
Kindle fire (retired)
Nexus S (sold)

have had all samsung nexus devices hope there will be more soon

ahvipardik
Old
(Last edited by ahvipardik; 5th November 2012 at 06:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 64
I also recently checked my bus-card and the phone could read some of the info in the card, so i was wondering if it is possible to clone the info in the card to some other nfc tag, which would be cool, and also if i use the phone as rifid reader, mentioned above, connected to pc with usb then theoretically it would be possible to reprogram the card...?
And also another question, is it possible for the phone to send out same info which is on the card so i could use phone instead of bus-card at the bus?
EDIT: I read previous topics and realized that this is impossible.

Factionwars
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The ov-chipkaart part is now available and working in the source of github/wandcode/farebot. I have tried and confirmed that this is working. You will need to crack the MiFare classic keys first, this is only possible on a ov-chipkaart by NXP-semiconductors (so not the Infineon version)

leto78
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I don't have a RFID card reader... Is it possible to dump the chipkaart keys with the Samsung Nexus and then crack the keys with the PC?
The Following User Says Thank You to leto78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magicyello
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Credit

Funny
Now to find out how to upload vitual cash

Tags
galaxy nexus, nfc, ov-chipkaart