5,593,248 Members 32,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Get your MSL# on your Sprint SGS3

Tip us?

shiftr182
Old
(Last edited by shiftr182; 4th July 2012 at 05:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
Default [Guide] Get your MSL# on your Sprint SGS3

Easiest Method - Thanks to billard412! From his post:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=14 (Give him thanks)

What worked for me to to go to the screen where it requested it(thru ##3282# menu) once there type getprop ril.MSL in adb or terminal, if it shows nothing type anything in the msl box, and after it says invalid code retype getprop ril.MSL and it'll show. Hope this helps

Method #2:

I didnt develop this, but think it best belongs here. I take no credit for this. This was from Viperboy, and I expect him to get all the credit for it. Please go to his thread and thank him.

I used the zip from Viperboy in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621993

1. Download the flashable zip and flash from recovery

2. Let the phone boot and go into terminal emulator (I use adb from command promp in windows)

3.Type "su". **If using adb "adb shell" then "su"

4. Type "getprop ril.MSL"

****I have had instances where the flashable mode didnt work. In that case, try the manual way listed in Viperboys OP****

Tada!!!! Right it down.

Now you can do all those hidden menu things ##DATA##, etc.

Here is a video of the first method, using connectbot (terminal emulator). http://youtu.be/CWb8ootppo0
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shadowsnake6666
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Angry Easier Way

I downloaded "Get my MSL" from the market and it gave it to me before i was even rooted
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadowsnake6666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shiftr182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
Cool. I have always run scripts to get mine, and it didnt work with this phone, so I tried Viperboys method. Thanks for letting us know that worked.

smark72
Old
Thanks Meter 93
All I get after flashing and typing
getprop ril.MSL in terminal is
app_152@android:/ #

What can't I get this msl?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

smark72
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsnake6666 View Post
I downloaded "Get my MSL" from the market and it gave it to me before i was even rooted
This doesn't work either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

shiftr182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
I have got the OP method to work on mine 3 times now. You may have to try it a couple times. I noticed that after I flashed the zip, I went to /system/bin and msl wasnt there. I used root explorer, moved msl to /system/bin and gave it all permissions, then did what I said in the OP via adb and it worked.

mercado79
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsnake6666 View Post
Get my MSL doesn't work for me either. Worked on my Nexus S 4g and Evo, not on the GS3. I'm rooted. Maybe that's the difference? I can't imagine why that would make a difference. Anyone else get their MSL using the app?
Moto X
Stable ROM: Eclipse 3.2.1 via Safestrap (Kit Kat 4.4.2)

Google Nexus 7 FHD
Stable ROM: Rastakat
Alt ROM: Stock Rooted

shiftr182
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 854

DONATE TO ME
The app didnt work for me, but like I said, try the manual mode if all else fails.

shadowsnake6666
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You guys are right I'm rooted and running a custom rom and I tried the app again and it didn't work good thing I wrote it down before I rooted

nicholaaaas
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 403
Here is the easiest way with any sprint phone. Activate it online and it's what they called the "programming code." I don't know if it will work if you are already activated. But if you have a backup phone. Activate that then activate your SG3 again.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholaaaas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]