[Guide] Get your MSL# on your Sprint SGS3

OP shiftr182

2nd July 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 941

1,602 posts
More
Easiest Method - Thanks to billard412! From his post:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=14 (Give him thanks)

What worked for me to to go to the screen where it requested it(thru ##3282# menu) once there type getprop ril.MSL in adb or terminal, if it shows nothing type anything in the msl box, and after it says invalid code retype getprop ril.MSL and it'll show. Hope this helps

Method #2:

I didnt develop this, but think it best belongs here. I take no credit for this. This was from Viperboy, and I expect him to get all the credit for it. Please go to his thread and thank him.

I used the zip from Viperboy in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1621993

1. Download the flashable zip and flash from recovery

2. Let the phone boot and go into terminal emulator (I use adb from command promp in windows)

3.Type "su". **If using adb "adb shell" then "su"

4. Type "getprop ril.MSL"

****I have had instances where the flashable mode didnt work. In that case, try the manual way listed in Viperboys OP****

Tada!!!! Right it down.

Now you can do all those hidden menu things ##DATA##, etc.

Here is a video of the first method, using connectbot (terminal emulator). http://youtu.be/CWb8ootppo0
Last edited by shiftr182; 4th July 2012 at 06:22 PM.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
More
Angry Easier Way
I downloaded "Get my MSL" from the market and it gave it to me before i was even rooted
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadowsnake6666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

1,602 posts
More
Cool. I have always run scripts to get mine, and it didnt work with this phone, so I tried Viperboys method. Thanks for letting us know that worked.
2nd July 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Deland, Florida
Thanks Meter: 93

625 posts
More
All I get after flashing and typing
getprop ril.MSL in terminal is
app_152@android:/ #

What can't I get this msl?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
2nd July 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Deland, Florida
Thanks Meter: 93

625 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsnake6666

I downloaded "Get my MSL" from the market and it gave it to me before i was even rooted

This doesn't work either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
2nd July 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

1,602 posts
More
I have got the OP method to work on mine 3 times now. You may have to try it a couple times. I noticed that after I flashed the zip, I went to /system/bin and msl wasnt there. I used root explorer, moved msl to /system/bin and gave it all permissions, then did what I said in the OP via adb and it worked.
2nd July 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 386

995 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsnake6666

Get my MSL doesn't work for me either. Worked on my Nexus S 4g and Evo, not on the GS3. I'm rooted. Maybe that's the difference? I can't imagine why that would make a difference. Anyone else get their MSL using the app?
2nd July 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boise

1,602 posts
More
The app didnt work for me, but like I said, try the manual mode if all else fails.
2nd July 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #9  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 11

49 posts
More
You guys are right I'm rooted and running a custom rom and I tried the app again and it didn't work good thing I wrote it down before I rooted
2nd July 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Flag B-more
Thanks Meter: 406

1,856 posts
More
Here is the easiest way with any sprint phone. Activate it online and it's what they called the "programming code." I don't know if it will work if you are already activated. But if you have a backup phone. Activate that then activate your SG3 again.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholaaaas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread