[Q] Bluetooth Internet sharing as a client not working.

Search This thread

mochouinard

Jul 2, 2012
Hi,

I've notice that when installing cyanogenmod 9, the tablet see itself as a phone and not a tablet. Even the most recent also include the cellphone signal icon as no service even on a wifi only tablet.

The reason why I raise this up is that it cause some problem in how internet sharing is managed.

I'm trying to use my cell phone internet on my tablet via bluetooth. When trying to connect via bluetooth my cell phone and my tablet so I can share my Cell phone internet on my tablet, they both only show the option to share internet...

Internet sharing via bluetooth is really amazing on battery life of both device ! I can last days on standby with just basic email notification...

Anyone have a solution to this ?

Thanks

Moc

er_tomas

Oct 19, 2011
Hi,

I've notice that when installing cyanogenmod 9, the tablet see itself as a phone and not a tablet. Even the most recent also include the cellphone signal icon as no service even on a wifi only tablet.

The reason why I raise this up is that it cause some problem in how internet sharing is managed.

I'm trying to use my cell phone internet on my tablet via bluetooth. When trying to connect via bluetooth my cell phone and my tablet so I can share my Cell phone internet on my tablet, they both only show the option to share internet...

Internet sharing via bluetooth is really amazing on battery life of both device ! I can last days on standby with just basic email notification...

Anyone have a solution to this ?

Thanks

Moc

I can confirm that this issue is present on the stock ICS rom (XXLQ8).

I can pair my tablet and phone, however, I cannot tether to the phone via bluetooth.