All userdata is erased when you install this from another ROM, I'm not responsible with what you do with your device.
What works, in no particular order:
- This is already rooted, it doesn't matter what version you come from. I receive a lot of questions about this. Really, the state of your motoactv software doesn't matter. Rooted or not rooted, stock or modified, etc.
- All stock apps and functions work as expected, nothing changes from a stock MotoACTV.
- All google apps I've tried, Market, GMail, Maps, Talk, etc
- Live Wallpapers and widgets stay after reboots.
- LED notifications for Gmail, Email, etc.
- Wifi stays on. Icon shows in status bar when connected. New!
- Accelerometer based games and launcher rotation.
- Enabled settings menus:
* Wireless & Network Settings. Where you can turn on/off wifi, add networks, set advanced parameters, etc
* Application Settings. Where you can uninstall apps, turn on/off ADB, see battery usage, etc
* Accounts & sync settings. Manage accounts for autosync, etc.
* Sound Settings. Choose notifications tone, volume, etc
- Calendar widget and application working.
- Music button is "menu", double-press power button for "home" or choose a launcher.
- Battery percentage modded by ClearD. (thanks!)
- Preferences in most apps are shown black text over white background for easier reading on the MotoACTV.
What doesn't work:
- Search, nowhere. force closes every time. This has never worked.
- Audio input for installed apps. This has never worked.
- Some Bluetooth profiles are not implemented.
- Wifi stays on, but but some times doesn't turn off when you deselect it. turn off/on the MotoACTV if you're in this situation.
- MotoCast setup messes up the Accounts and Sync settings, so Motocast needs to be setup after the google account.
Zeam launcher is preinstalled, but it's not really needed, because you can access all installed applications with the "music" button, you can uninstall it if you prefer. Also you can install another launcher if you like, just be sure to move it to the internal flash from Settings, Application Settings, choose the app and tap the button "move to phone". You'll have to do this for other apps that require to be installed internally, like extra widgets.
You can use ClearD's excellent image flasher http://www.cleardroidroms.com/download/click.php?id=103 (be sure to use the "wipe" button) or follow these instructions :
* you need "fastboot" to be installed and working on your computer, here are instructions for windows: http://dottech.org/tipsntricks/21534...android-phone/
* Your MotoACTV needs to be fully charged.
Download and extract the zip at the end of this post:
- With the MotoACTV turned off, press and hold "volume down" key and "power" key until the display lights up, release both keys.
- Plug the usb cable to the MotoACTV and the computer.
- Open a command line and change directory to where you extracted the zip file.
- Issue the followings commands in order:
fastboot -w fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img fastboot -w fastboot reboot
fastboot erase cache fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img fastboot reboot
This is the way to set it up that works for me:
The first boot will take a couple of minutes.
Choose the country, language, press "motoactv setup", choose time zone, set hour, set date, press "next", press "profile setup", set your age, select gender, set height, set weight, set primary activity.
***Don't setup the MotoCast things yet, so press "Later".***
Go to Settings, Wireles & Network Settings, turn on wifi and setup up your network.
Go back to the main screen and press the "Music" button (that's the menu button from now on), choose the TALK application and go trough the google account setup. You'll see your talk contacts appear.
Go back to settings, Accounts & Sync, Manage accounts, press your account and disable the calendar sync.
Go back to settings, application settings, manage applications, All,
at the bottom choose Zeam Launcher and press "move to phone"
Choose also Flit keyboard and press "move to phone"
find Calendar and delete its data.
find Calendar Storage and delete its data.
Go back to settings, Accounts & Sync, Manage accounts, press your account and enable the calendar sync. If you don't use the calendar, leave this unselected to avoid a few ForceCloses.
If you want to add your MotoCast ID, go to Settings, Personal Profile, MotoCast ID. The accounts and Sync setting will force close after you setup the MotoCast ID, I'm still working on this.
Remember that double pressing the power button will let you choose the launcher. Some preinstalled programs need a bit of setup to adapt them to the MotoACTV, be sure to use their preferences menu and explore them. Some examples:
- In flit keyboard, select first keyboard as "Small Querty", second keyboard as "small number"
- In Zeam Launcher, preferences, action bindings, select swype up to "Toggle Full Screen" and swype down as "Expand Notifications". Also in Applications grid, set Columns LandScape completely to the left.
- In SuperUser, press the wrench icon to enter preferences, and set "automatic response" to "allow". Otherwise you can have problems to allow apps to use the su function.
- In Settings, Wireles & Network Settings, press the music button (menu) select avanced and setup the turn off policy to "when display goes off", press menu button again to save this setting.
Thanks to everybody reporting issues, keep them coming!
DPRomBeta4.zip First Release 2nd July 2012
DPRomBeta7.zip Second Release 10 July 2012
* updated to version 1.7.10, updated included android apps to their latest versions. Used Cennis91 anyroot.zip to root the stock ROM. Thanks!
* added ClearD Battery percentage mod.
* changed general theme to "light", now all settings menus are black text over white background, messes with some programs that have hard-coded colors. WIP.
* Undo hack to make wifi stay on. Seems to be more stable with 1.7.10. Report if you have problems.
* Modified SystemUI to make the pull-down notifications menu more usable. Thanks to ClearD.
* Fixed preinstall script, now you can uninstall included apps.
* included modified Clock and CarHome, just for testing.
DPRomBeta8 Third Release 2nd August 2012
* updated android apps to latest versions.
* Better "light" theme applied to app's settings, black text over white background.
* Modified wifi to stay on for 10 minutes.
* fixed su binary.
* added Bluetooth settings. You can now change the name and turn it on from settings. WIP
DPRomBeta8.1 3rd august 2012
* fixed error with Google maps
DPRomBeta9 3rd January 2013. It's better to use Beta 8.1, this version has problems when turning off wifi.
* updated to 1.7.12N
* wifi Icon in status bar. Wifi time out is now 24 hours.