[Tutorial] How to install CyanogenMod 9.0 on xperia 2011 devices
This tutorial will guide you through all the steps required to install CyanogenMod 9.0, which is based over Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3/4.0.4 on your Xperia 2011 device.Please see that your device needs to be Bootloader unlocked for this to work.
P.S. - Please note that these instructions are only meant for reference purpose. In case you are coming from another ROM and already have a custom Recovery on your phone, then it’s mandatory to Wipe all data before flashing this ROM.
I will not be responsible if you brick your device by following the procedure given below. Proceed with caution!
The devices which will be covered in this tutorial are -:
Xperia Active – satsuma
Xperia Arc – anzu
Xperia Live – coconut
Xperia Mini – smultron
Xperia Mini Pro – mango
Xperia Neo – hallon
Xperia Neo V – haida
Xperia Play – zeus
Xperia Pro – iyokan
Xperia Ray – urushi
Xperia X10 – es209ra
1. Latest Google Apps for CM 9.0 – link : http://uploading.com/files/c1316599/...24-signed.zip/
2. CM 9.0 package for the appropriate device (please refer to the device codenames above) – link : http://get.cm/
3. Flashtool – Windows version / Linux version link : http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/
4. Fastboot package – link : http://www.multiupload.nl/BMJ24IL6XY
5. x86/x64 drivers – link : http://www.multiupload.nl/0XZV1LXRVA
5. (Optional) Faceunlock addon – link : http://uploaded.to/410/b8n32tuj
1. First of all, extract all the files and keep them in a place where you can navigate to safely.
2. Put the CM9 update to the root of your SD card.
3. Install the drivers which you have downloaded above.
4. Extract the Fastboot package and the CM9 update package that you downloaded for your device.
5. Copy the boot.img file present in the CM9 folder to the Fastboot folder.
6. Open up a Command Prompt and type CD followed by the location of your fastboot folder.
7. Now connect your phone in Fastboot Mode. To do this, while making sure that you your phone is off, connect your phone to the computer while holding down these buttons ->
Menu button (for Xperia™ arc, Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo, Xperia™ neo V, Xperia™ pro).
Search button (for Xperia™ PLAY).
Volume up button (for Xperia™ mini, Xperia™ mini pro, Xperia™ ray, Xperia™ active, Live with Walkman™, Xperia™ S).
If phone is connected correctly in Fastboot Mode, a blue led light should glow up.
8. To check if your phone is connected correctly in Fastboot mode, type “fastboot devices” without the “” and if you get a serial number, that means it is connected correctly.
9. Type “fastboot flash boot boot.img”. this step is required to flash the FreeXperia kernel.
10. Now disconnect the USB cable and switch on your phone. While the phone is booting on and you see the FXP logo, keep tapping the volume down key until you enter recovery.
11. Once entered recovery, Format your /system partition, /data partition, /cache and dalvik-cache. Now choose the option which says Apple zip from sd card and select the CM9 update package.
Now reboot your phone and your phone should have updated to CyanogenMod 9.0 which runs over Ice Cream Sandwich!
flash this kernel : http://www.mediafire.com/?ojiaqv9jn47rgzm
Tutorial for neo l(credit goes to saignor)
If you done the download lets started
1.Copy Zip to SD card (phoenix_signed_cm9_b00tbu9.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip)
Download fastboot.rar (http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/58177194/file.html
Extract it and you'll get fastboot folder ! Now copy the kernel to that folder (cm9_phoenix_v1.3.img)
Open fastboot folder and hold shift and click right click and select start new command windows
Now connect your phone in fastboot mode by power off and holding search button while connect to computer
In fastboot command type fastboot flash boot cm9_phoenix_v1.3.img
Wait till finish ! Disconnect from computer
3.Enter recovery mode ( CWM)
Do a full wipe ,Factory reset,Dalvic cache
4. Install Zip (First install phoenix_signed_cm9_b00tbu9.zip and restart and then you will get into new os )
NOw reboot back to recovery by holding the power button and select restart and select reboot-recovery