5,599,135 Members 34,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Kernel][JB][All VARIANTS!] PARANOIDANDROID 2.53

Tip us?

henryedwardrose
Old
(Last edited by henryedwardrose; 16th September 2012 at 10:19 AM.) Reason: JB 2.12 :P
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Tablet [ROM][Kernel][JB][All VARIANTS!] PARANOIDANDROID 2.53

Jelly Bean builds

Now Paranoid Android has their source up on Github i decided to get porting and here it is. Ok so we know Android 4.0 introduced Phone UI and Tablet UI and now in Android 4.1 Phablet UI too! but Paranoid Android gives option to chose which one you want to use for what application. For me being used to Phone UI back on Gingerbread and having a lower DPI is what i love but when i used ICS i loved the tablet apps but missed my Phone UI so i changed my DPI down to 240 didn't like it then 200 then 180 etc. and just couldn't find a sweet spot and still missed the tablet apps.

But now with Paranoid Android (based on CM10 so includes all of their features and more!) i can select Phone UI, Phablet and Tablet UI even if i go past the boundaries (Tablet UI:≥160dpi PhoneUI:≤240dpi) and still change it for it for each individual app. (look at the pics aboce and you will see )

This Rom is compiled by source by me. Use Settings > Paranoid Settings to edit all of your apps. now this edits the files located in /system/etc/paranoid/ please do not manually edit these on your device because this may cause the whole hybrid system to break and don't worry. if this happens use a file manager like es file manager and delete the 'paranoid' folder located in /system/etc/ and then flash one of the layout preferences located in the Downloads Section.

I used the Device and vendor files that THE TE4M have been kindly developing for months! Thank you for you hard work!!!

ICS Builds

This Rom is compiled by source by me. Use Settings > Paranoid Settings to edit all of your apps. now this edits the files located in /system/pad.prop please do not manually edit these on your device because this may cause the whole hybrid system to break and don't worry. if this happens use a file manager like es file manager and delete the 'pad.prop' file located in /system/ and then flash one of the layout preferences located in the Downloads Section.

These builds include my ICS kernel so enjoy

Kernel
The kernel is from Humbero's Github and includes all the changes from there.

Differences
  • LiveOC Working and configuarable from Device Settings
  • More Frequencies
  • Lulzactive v2 Governor
  • Tiny shmem
  • Working on more!

Bugs
  • Manually editing the files that PA uses - To fix flash one of the preferred layouts below
  • All of the Bugs in CM exist here too! - To fix please wait :P

Installation
  • Wipe Cache & Dalvik / Factory Reset IF you come from another rom than CM10
  • Install Zip File: (ROM)
  • Install Zip File: (GAPPS)
  • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings

Downloads

All Paranoid Android JB Builds- DOWNLOAD

Paranoid Android 1.6a - DOWNLOAD - TORRENT

Layouts

JB

Original - DOWNLOAD

Just Tablet UI @ 160 dpi - DOWNLOAD

Just Phone UI @ 240 dpi - DOWNLOAD

CM Kernel for the time being

ICS

soon!

Sources
My Github
Paranoid Android
The Te4m
CyanogenMod

Paranoid Android webpage: http://betadan.com/paranoid/
Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 4x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to henryedwardrose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o_tiger
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Perfect! Looking forward to test it!
The Following User Says Thank You to o_tiger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Qqqxxxzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 57
bugs?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
Devices:
Nexus 5(Slimkat 4.0)
Huawei u8800(cm7)
Huawei u8800(cm11)
SGT7 - GT-P1000(CM 11)
The Following User Says Thank You to Qqqxxxzzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alisabki
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
keep refreshing..

cranio84
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have this rom on My old s2 Phone, Now i have this fantastic rom on My new HTC one x and in this moment i flash this fantastic rom on My P1000 tab thank for your work

Inviato dal mio GT-P1000 con Tapatalk 2

Hammerfest
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
Any chance of adding clarification on which Galaxy Tab's this rom supports...

Considering the main bulk of remaining developers use the GSM tabs, people like me with CDMA tabs (P1C) are quite often left out due to compatibility!
Have I in some way helped you?
Perhaps I made a post of an issue that you also have?
Think i'm such a nice/swell guy*
Then hit the THANKS button!

I'm not, I'm annoying, if you think otherwise
please seek medical/mental assistance ASAP!

TouchPro, TouchPro2, HeroC, HD2, Evo3D, EvoShift, PhotonQ, GalaxyNote, MORE...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hammerfest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henryedwardrose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
I'm waiting on Paranoid Android to merge their framework base source into their tree. it shouldn't be to long as the rest builds except for the framework base. as soon as it is merged i will build then release it to you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
Any chance of adding clarification on which Galaxy Tab's this rom supports...

Considering the main bulk of remaining developers use the GSM tabs, people like me with CDMA tabs (P1C) are quite often left out due to compatibility!
I will support your tab when i have got the rom out on the p1. I only have to use a different kernel and and your device files and it should be as easy as that.
The Following User Says Thank You to henryedwardrose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dizgustipated
Old
(Last edited by dizgustipated; 3rd July 2012 at 07:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1178

DONATE TO ME
@ henryedwardrose
i ported this awhile ago ( non MTD ) if my unreleased rom will help you out at all in your release,
send me a note and ill give you the link in the reply
sgt7 ports & roms:
OMFGB "OMFG...T"

meXdroid Atomic "BOCA Atomic"
CM7 "BOCA" / CM9 "icedBOCA" / DianXin OS "BOCA DX" / 2.3.7 BLINDmokee

Project AOSEP / Supreme overlord of Magrathea Roms
contact me / phone idiot support
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizgustipated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henryedwardrose
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizgustipated View Post
@ henryedwardrose
i ported this awhile ago ( non MTD ) if my unreleased rom will help you out at all in your release,
send me a note and ill give you the link in the reply
Hey, Nice work! That would be helpful thank you PM me the link please, thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to henryedwardrose For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dizgustipated
Old
Thanks Meter 1178

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryedwardrose View Post
Hey, Nice work! That would be helpful thank you PM me the link please, thank you
sent
sgt7 ports & roms:
OMFGB "OMFG...T"

meXdroid Atomic "BOCA Atomic"
CM7 "BOCA" / CM9 "icedBOCA" / DianXin OS "BOCA DX" / 2.3.7 BLINDmokee

Project AOSEP / Supreme overlord of Magrathea Roms
contact me / phone idiot support

The Following User Says Thank You to dizgustipated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, galaxy, ics, paranoid, tab