Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

OP cajunflavoredbob

25th August 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #4691  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
thats amazing brother LANJUTKAN!!
25th August 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #4692  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek267

Link for voice search for ARMv6 doesn't work, I guess...

If you mean Voice Search for Google Now!, did you follow the market link or the direct apk download. The app was pulled from the market, but the apk is still up in that thread. I was able to download it just fine a moment ago. All ARMv6 links are working for me.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrooper

I am using m7 version on my galaxy note and i am facing 2 problems

1.the offline dictation doesnt work.
2.sometimes when I tell it to set alarm to similar commands it just displays the results as google search.. .. and does not do the task.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

1. Someone else mentioned that you can delete /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk to restore the offline dictation function.

2. Yea, it happened to me to sometimes. The cards can be finicky on some devices. Not really anything we can do about it. It usually works, but not always.
25th August 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #4693  
Flag Nowy Sącz
Thanks Meter: 230

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

If you mean Voice Search for Google Now!, did you follow the market link or the direct apk download. The app was pulled from the market, but the apk is still up in that thread. I was able to download it just fine a moment ago. All ARMv6 links are working for me.[COLOR="Silver"]

Nope, DropBox is still unable to find page - 404 error
25th August 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #4694  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtek267

Nope, DropBox is still unable to find page - 404 error

All three ARMv6 files are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleNowVoiceSearch.apk - [Click for QR Code] (163.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: apk Velvet-theos0o-5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.44 MB, 29 views)
File Type: zip Google Now v5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.22 MB, 43 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #4695  
Flag Nowy Sącz
Thanks Meter: 230

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

All three ARMv6 files are attached.

Thanks
26th August 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #4696  
Thanks Meter: 2,747

5,893 posts
More
Does pressing the back button still a problem in Google now? Like it won't close it? Looking for an answer for the Mikey v7 one. Thanks

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G
26th August 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #4697  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.0

Does pressing the back button still a problem in Google now? Like it won't close it? Looking for an answer for the Mikey v7 one. Thanks

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G

Yep. Either hit menu > refresh to close it, or hit home, then hold home for the task manager, and swype GN away. Back does not close it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #4698  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 754

4,406 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis.se.foon

Hi there - a dumb noobie question, if I may:

Is it possible to "teach" Google Now to understand accents and unusual names?

Not yet, I don't think. I'm on rooted stock Samsung for the SGS 3. The app works very well. I get weather all the time plus driving time to work and back home. This bus schedules could use a little tweaking by Google. It would be nice if it could list the two nearest opposing stops instead of just the nearest. I came out of church tonight and was going to take the bus from the stop across the street, but GN lists the closest which was not the one I wanted. If you swipe away the card I'm not sure how long before the app checks again, but it is not immediate. It also doesn't always list different buses that serve the same stop. Sometimes, but not always. Then if I try to ask any question about Derek Jeter, it comes out "derek cheater" and does an internet search that brings up his name correctly. If, however, I type in his name spelled correctly, I get a card but no voice response which I guess makes sense. Overall I'm am blown away by this application. The biggest problem I have with it is not battery drain (don't care) or it's few foibles, but T-Mob's non-existent signals in certain places here in Portland. Also that little bug where the data drops though you have full bars is a pain also. I hope the latter can be fixed by custom kernel or some future update. I'll wait until JB drops before I start looking for that.
26th August 2012, 10:11 AM   |  #4699  
Flag Ostrava
Thanks Meter: 16

110 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdeath09

I saw you managed to overcome the language limitations. I have my phone set in my language and the Google Now works fully (it speaks to me, Google Knowledge Graph kicks in) what didn't happen before. You think you could try that with the Jelly Bean app? I tried the ICS one but I can't scroll trough cards.

NVM: I find a version that works. Anyway thanks for the mod. Works fine on my S III except the double press home thingy that launches Voice Dialing in place of S Voice

Same problem here, I know that this hacked version hasnt have language limitiation, so i tried to flash it on JB. Google Now works fully after that, but I cant scroll through cards too. Can you tell me which version works for you, and on which device and rom are you? Im on SGS2, CM10 (JB), Syiah kernel.

Thanks for the reply
26th August 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #4700  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Please help me. I can't launch Google Now.

I've downloaded mikeyxda's version 7 (Online + Offline) and flashed it. But in /system/usr/srec/ I just have the folder "config" and not "en-US".

When I launch the app, there is a little 'bip' but the app close automatically after that.

For information: I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v running Rs Supremacy v1.5, it's a ROM based on CM9...

The Following User Says Thank You to ff4ever For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!
Previous Thread Next Thread