OP FuzzyMeep Two

2nd July 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern NH
Thanks Meter: 220

106 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have made a tool to simplify Logcat creation for people. The creation of this tool was inspired, and guided, by the thread started HERE by paxChristos.

HUGE UPDATE
Version 4.0

Added the ability to "SUPER PARSE" Files, which separates files into folders by log level and creates a TXT file for each activity

EX.
.[OUTPUT FOLDER]-->
.....[DEBUG LEVEL FOLDER] --->
............... BACKUPMANAGER.TXT
............... SURFACFLNGER.TXT
................ETC...

Super parse DOES NOT Work with LONG format Logs.
SUPER PARSE is in its infancy I do expect errors, please let me know if you run into anything.

EDIT V3.6 DONE
Added ability to filter logcats by activity name. (logcat -s "FILTER")
Fixed Log Level Setting

EDIT V3.5 DONE

NOW PROPERLY PARSES "LONG" FORMAT LOGCATS.
Thank you to Senior Member jes0411 for pointing out the issues that lead me to create V3.4 and 3.5. If any of you have an issue please let me know. It could be hours before i get to it or weeks, but i will get to fixing it.

EDIT V3.4 DONE

Changed the way the date variable was handled to hopefully fix issues experienced by users of non-English versions of windows.

EDIT V3.3 DONE

modified the output to include the log level before the logcat as seen below;

ERROR LEVEL
Code:
"E/MotionRecognitionService(  902):   mReceiver.onReceive : ACTION_USER_PRESENT  :: UNLOCK SCREEN" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 96" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 97" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:814)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:610)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1774)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1754)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:486)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.widget.ViewFlipper.onAttachedToWindow(ViewFlipper.java:93)" 
"E/MP-Decision( 2125): DOWN cpu:1 core_idx:1 Ns:1.100000 Ts:190 rq:0.000000 seq:196.000000"
LOGCAT GENERATED BY FUZZYMEEP TWO'S LOGCAT TOOL

AS OPPOSED TO

Code:
"E/MotionRecognitionService(  902):   mReceiver.onReceive : ACTION_USER_PRESENT  :: UNLOCK SCREEN" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 96" 
"E/Watchdog(  902): @Sync 97" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.google.android.music.ui.TrackContainerActivity has leaked IntentReceiver android.widget.ViewFlipper$1@4552e080 that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()?" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:814)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.LoadedApk.getReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:610)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1774)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1754)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:486)" 
"E/ActivityThread(22620): 	at android.widget.ViewFlipper.onAttachedToWindow(ViewFlipper.java:93)" 
"E/MP-Decision( 2125): DOWN cpu:1 core_idx:1 Ns:1.100000 Ts:190 rq:0.000000 seq:196.000000"

EDIT V 3.2 Finished
Google code won't allow any new uploads, so i will attach the new update here in a ZIP file.

Fixed ADB Location settings, some users were having trouble if they input the ADB folder with any quotation marks in the path name, it will now automatically remove quotation marks to ensure correct syntax.
Fixed issue with ADB Location setting not exiting to previous menu.
Fixed issue with Log Level setting not exiting to previous menu.
Capitalized some stuff
Added a feature that will automatically create the selected folder if no output folder exists and the user attempts to run a log.
Added a check when selecting an output folder that will ask if you want the folder created if it does not exist

NOW PARSES FILES

OUTPUTTING SEPREATE FILES:
(DEBUG).TXT
(ERROR).TXT
(INFO).TXT
(VERBOSE).TXT
(WARNING).TXT
ETC..

AS WELL AS A FULL LOGCAT

EXAMPLE OUTPUT "INFO" LEVEL FILE

Code:
"I/LocationManagerService( *495): request passive (pid 9909) 0 0"*
"I/LocationManagerService( *495): request passive (pid 3221) 60000 0"*

****OLD STUFF*****

EDIT V3.1 DONE
FIXED OPTIONS 7 & 8, URLS WERE MISSING A "?"
CHANGELOG EDITS
SAVES AND PARSES FILES IN TO DIFFERENT OUPUT FILES BASED ON LOG LEVEL (E , I , D , W , ETC)

EDIT V3 DONE
https://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/downloads/list

added a logcat icon to exe
various bug fixes
addeed "HIDE" brackets (Thank you Szczepanik)

EDIT:
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds [CODE] brackets for easy posting to XDA.

There are now key words you can enter to execute actions instead of just numbers ex. "LOG" to start logging or HELP for help

Automatically adds "/" to end of directories entered if forgotten.

Keywords:
Logcat Parsing
How to parse logcat
Windows Logcat
Logcat Tool
Windows Parse Logcat
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOGCATTOOL(4.0).zip - [Click for QR Code] (550.3 KB, 1307 views)
Last edited by FuzzyMeep Two; 4th November 2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: updated
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to FuzzyMeep Two For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 78

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyMeep Two

I have made a tool to simplify Logcat creation for people. The creation of this tool was inspired, and guided, by the thread started HERE by paxChristos.

LOGCAT TOOL by FuzzyMeep TWO

I made this in about a half hour, so if you fnd any issues let me know. I believe i worked out all functionality issues, and do plan on expanding functionality in the future. This is written in Batch, and compiled with QuickBFC.

https://code.google.com/p/logcat-tool/

Edit: source here.
Batch Source

Let me test it for you

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcopolo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2012, 01:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern NH

106 posts
Donate to Me
More
EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS
SAVES AND PARSES FILES IN TO DIFFERENT OUPUT FILES BASED ON LOG LEVEL (E , I , D , W , ETC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurohit

Let me test it for you

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

Have at it, click the link above, it should download. the only thing i think it is missing is search filters, but that will be added asap, or, if you're feeling generous (anyone) feel free to take the batch source and add to it.

Download page
Last edited by FuzzyMeep Two; 24th April 2013 at 01:41 PM.
22nd July 2012, 09:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 548

1,384 posts
More
you still working on this?
28th July 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 4,595

3,223 posts
More
very useful...keep up the good work !
28th July 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 29

161 posts
Donate to Me
grr windows
28th July 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 103

714 posts
congrats for getting on homepage !
The Following User Says Thank You to meethere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern NH

106 posts
Donate to Me
More
EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano56

you still working on this?

I haven't added anything in a while, but like i said, do intend to add filtering, i already started the framework in the file (variables, menus and such) it was juts giving me all kinds of sh*t so i backed off and fixed some other more pressing bugs. But i think i will hop back on it soon, and add filtering.. And, if you (anyone) have any suggestions, let me know.
Last edited by FuzzyMeep Two; 24th April 2013 at 01:42 PM.
30th July 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiONViLLE
Thanks Meter: 13,637

10,997 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thank you, thank you. Good job, and works.
22nd August 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southern NH

106 posts
Donate to Me
More
New and improved!!!
EDIT V3.1 DONE
CHANGELOG EDITS

EDIT: BUG FIX UPDATE HERE

The last version removed a "*" on me so it had a great potential for closing itself, so i have repaired the problems.
Many bug and typo fixes.

Now Saves Settings.

Easy XDA option adds [CODE] brackets for easy posting to XDA.

There are now key words you can enter to execute actions instead of just numbers ex. "LOG" to start logging or HELP for help

Automatically adds "/" to end of directories entered if forgotten.
Last edited by FuzzyMeep Two; 24th April 2013 at 01:41 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FuzzyMeep Two For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
batch, exe, logcat, tool
Previous Thread Next Thread