Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Android Project option in Eclipse with ADT Plugin.

OP lfnunley

2nd July 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi there XDA! I'm an experienced programmer and android user. I'm following a guide for creating the android project in eclipse from the android developer site, and I've followed every step up to creating the project, and the ADT plugin has been correctly installed and configured. The problem: Under the android tab in the new project wizard there is no option for android project. There are various other android options like Android Activity, Android Application Project, Android Icon Set, etc. Does anybody know how I can enable the option for Android Project? I attached a picture of the problem. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XDA Attachment.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1172315  
2nd July 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #2  
Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,545

9,528 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions &
Read the Forum Rules Ref Posting
Thanks
Moving to Q&A
The Following User Says Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
You say it is correctly installed and configured, but that does not seem like the case.

Try starting fresh by going to the eclipse site and downloading the latest version of eclipse(Juno) classic. Then head to the android developers site and install the adt plugin from that guide. Point it to your sdk install; and you should the option to create an Android Application Project under Android in the New Project wizzard.
The Following User Says Thank You to L0rdWaffles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rdWaffles

You say it is correctly installed and configured, but that does not seem like the case.

Try starting fresh by going to the eclipse site and downloading the latest version of eclipse(Juno) classic. Then head to the android developers site and install the adt plugin from that guide. Point it to your sdk install; and you should the option to create an Android Application Project under Android in the New Project wizzard.

Thanks, but I already have completely uninstalled and reinstalled eclipse and the plugin from the site. It is also pointing to my SDK folder correctly. I've followed all of the advice for every thread I found related to this issue, but nothing seems to help.
3rd July 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
I have also tried manually downloading and installing the plugin, and I still had the same problem...
3rd July 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Okay, so the problem was that the tutorial was not up to date with the newest version of the plugin. Android Application Project is the equivilent of an Android Project. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ith-adt-plugin
Last edited by lfnunley; 3rd July 2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Added a link
8th July 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Me too
Ifnumkey - you're not alone!

I had exactly the same problem, no 'Android Project'. Eclipse Juno coupled with the latest SDK/ADT has 'Android Application Project'. Hopefully the folks at StackOverFlow are right and they are one and the same thing. But its kind of unerving that the very first step isn't exactly as per the tutorial - I'm new to Android but not development and I kind of wonder if somewhere down the road I'l discover that there's some subtle but important difference between the two.

Google need to update their 'Creating an Android Project' tutorial or, in enterprise speak, modify the workflow so that they update the documentation BEFORE rolling out the changes!!

EDIT: Found this blog page which walks through the new screens in SDK Tools revision 20;

android-sdk-tools-revision-20-now.html (from android-er.blogspot.fr)

(Sorry can't post as proper link as I have under 10 posts
Last edited by serendipity24; 8th July 2012 at 12:31 PM.
21st September 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
Resolve Problem
Hi. Because you copy eclipse to unpermitted place so it's unable to run ADT installation successfully. so you most copy it to your User Folder or other drives like D: then install ADT Plugin.
23rd November 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #9  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfnunley

Hi there XDA! I'm an experienced programmer and android user. I'm following a guide for creating the android project in eclipse from the android developer site, and I've followed every step up to creating the project, and the ADT plugin has been correctly installed and configured. The problem: Under the android tab in the new project wizard there is no option for android project. There are various other android options like Android Activity, Android Application Project, Android Icon Set, etc. Does anybody know how I can enable the option for Android Project? I attached a picture of the problem. Thank you!

Go to File>New>Project
a window will open then select android

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread