Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ATT Galaxy S3 SIM Unlock Method

Tip us?

harryrasul
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] ATT Galaxy S3 SIM Unlock Method

Hello Folks,

I just received my ATT Galaxy S III and was wondering if there is an unlocking tool to unlock the device as I will be travelling overseas and wanted to use my S III without having to pay crazy roaming charges. Since I just got the phone ATT will not unlock it until some time has passed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Waitzar
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I don't know of a tool but there is Unlocking service on web that can unlock Galaxy S3 for a fee. I don't know how much they charge for S3 but they charged $24.99 for Galaxy Note and $14.99 for HTC One X. Here it is:

http://www.cellunlocker.net/unlock-s...axy-s3-iii.php

They claim they can unlock AT&T Galaxy S3 now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waitzar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wildcard30
Old
Thanks Meter 39
No unlock tool as of yet.
Current Phones:
32GB Nexus 5
Rom: PA

Samsung Galaxy SV (AT&T)
Stock Unrooted

Current Tablets:
32GB Note 10.1 2014
ROM: Stock Unrooted

32GB Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom: PA
The Following User Says Thank You to wildcard30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xavenged
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ok so I am going to purchase an unlock code from the site above. I have used them for my galaxy s2 skyrocket with success. Now I would like to help out the community by taking a system dump before the unlock and after. If anyone has info on how to do this or what to do please let me know. I have no idea how to go about this process.

raghu007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryrasul View Post
Hello Folks,

I just received my ATT Galaxy S III and was wondering if there is an unlocking tool to unlock the device as I will be travelling overseas and wanted to use my S III without having to pay crazy roaming charges. Since I just got the phone ATT will not unlock it until some time has passed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
even i am in the same situation as you ...i took a risk and went with unlockunit...there is an app u can download from play store....it is 24.99$...they provide u unlock code...they say 1-60 mins but that is not accurate..it will take couple of hours....unlock worked for me...i tried putting tmobile sim and it worked fine....

visuelz
Old
(Last edited by visuelz; 6th July 2012 at 09:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
ATT gave me my unlock codes for free for the S2 when I asked for it. Maybe you want to call them too.

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I just tried ATT with my S3 that I purchased at full price. She typed in my imei and said it was not available.

Papa Smurf151
Old
Thanks Meter 6715

DONATE TO ME
Lets keep this on topic. If u wanna post a guide then make sure its for the sgs3

XDA Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to Papa Smurf151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T3hBraveBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Anything happen with this unlock? I'm trying to do research on cellunlocker but no infomation whatsoever
Current Device: HTC ONE M8 Gunmetal Gray

Past: Nexus 5 32GB, HTC ONE (M7), Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4

Zeimus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hammer unlocks did my friends AT&T galaxy S III. It took under an hour to get the code back.
GSM Galaxy Nexus