Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NighPlayer32

Oct 29, 2008
DD
UnBrick Guide

This is a little guide How to unbrick A100
this will only work if the fastboot is unlocked
you shouldn't be use it on a locked bootloader, or an official acer rom, otherwise you be locked out by the bootloader

1. download this tools and extrackt -night.nerdcamp.net
2. get into fastboot power of device then power on hand hold down Volume Down when the first screen appears push the screen lock below are 2 pictures
3.in fastboot connect usb and run the first script this will copy the recovery (A100 TWRP recovery (TeamWin Recovery Project) 2.1.1+)
4. boot recovery connect usb on win pc it will install a driver MTP-USB if don´t install automatically download the driver for a100 from Acer an install an point at the directory
5. copy a rom in the tools directory zb CM9 and run the 2. script this will copy all files from tools to the internal flash on the tap you can install this rom an reboot an ready to fly

THX TO
TeamWin Recovery
pio_masaki for Flashing Toolkit
and all other XDA Dev´s

Here's a little video www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U35BT7WemU

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
UnBrick Guide

1. download this tools and extrackt http://www.multiupload.nl/L8ZV0PTJ4U
2. get into fastboot power of device then power on hand hold down Volume Down when the first screen appears push the screen lock below are 2 pictures
3.in fastboot connect usb and run the first script this will copy the recovery (A100 TWRP recovery (TeamWin Recovery Project) 2.1.1+)
4. boot recovery connect usb on win pc it will install a driver MTP-USB if don´t install automatically download the driver for a100 from Acer an install an point at the directory
5. copy a rom in the tools directory zb CM9 and run the 2. script this will copy all files from tools to the internal flash an on the tap you can install this rom an reboot an ready to fly

THX TO TeamWin Recovery
and all other XDA Dev´s

Looks promising thanks for putting this up! I look forward to seeing if this successfully works on the various types of bricks.

Edit: Not sure what's up with your links or hosting, but yeah...doesn't work, just ads, then redirect to ....another ad. No download.

Edit2: Ok I've tried 6 times, no download, and I should mention links like this are frowned upon by XDA Mods, so you may want to switch to a host that doesn't require going through steps to get to the download, like dev-host. Looks like now I can't go past unless I sign up for something, which I may or may not agree with, which is kind of forcing users. Or I'm blind and not seeing it, always an option too lol

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Last edited:
Reactions: hideo16

Fransis88

Apr 19, 2011
In my case it does not serve for anything. Because as it does not recognize me the tablet by any means. The usb does not even sound when I connect it .... it is a pity, tomorrow a messenger comes to take her to him to the SAT. but thanks for the work
I have a photo of the current condition of the tablet, but they do not stop me to place external links...

Last edited:

Fransis88

Apr 19, 2011
asi se encuentra mi tablet. h t tp ://w w w .youtube.com/watch?v=G-TDTX-wvy4&feature=youtu.be

bigcgt0127

Jul 6, 2012
ok I tried it but it fails .. is there anyway to unbrick it if its in locked mode?

but this defiantly got me farther then any other thing

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
ok I tried it but it fails .. is there anyway to unbrick it if its in locked mode?

but this defiantly got me farther then any other thing

This won't get any farther then any other current method on a locked boot loader. This is for those having issues with recovery not responding so a rom install isn't possible.

What kind of brick do you have? There's a few kinds now.

bigcgt0127

Jul 6, 2012
I don't know what type it is if I had to guess I would call it a complete brick but fastboot works (locked mode) and it sometimes will work with adb (also in locked mode)

patrick_spd4u

Sep 18, 2009
Jakarta
The last step...
-- Install /sdcard/cm9-7-9-B29-a100-PM.zip ...
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /sdcard/cm9-7-9-B29-a100-PM.zip
E:failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm9-7-9-B29-a100-PM.zip'
So close... but failed

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
UnBrick Guide

you shouldn't be use it on a locked bootloader, or an official acer rom, otherwise you be locked out by the bootloader

1. download this tools and extrackt -multiupload -night.dyndns.org
5. copy a rom in the tools directory zb CM9 and run the 2. script this will copy all files from tools to the internal flash on the tap you can install this rom an reboot an ready to fly

THX TO
TeamWin Recovery
and all other XDA Dev´s

Here's a little video http://youtu.be/WDF45vTwrD0

I keep getting a md5 file is missing. seams like it is a great tool. please help

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
I keep getting a md5 file missing. i had just installed the rom manager and started a ti backup. when i woke up the tablet was frozen when i reset it it just went to black now i cant get back i finally got it to fast boot and installed this app but it keeps failing when i try to install it says. it is unlocked and rooted but that is all i had done.

E: failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)
E: unable to mount /data/media during gui startup
E: can't open /dev/block/mmcblkop5
(no such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /cache/recovery/comand
* verfying filesystems...
* verifying partition sizes...
E: unable to mount /system
E: unable to mount /data
E: unable to mount /cache
E: unable to mount /sdc
E: unable to stat '/flexrom/.'
running boot script...

finished running boot script.
E: failed to mount /data (No such file or directory)
E: unable to mount /data
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /sdc (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /sdc (No such file or directory)

-- verfying md5 for /sdcard/cm-9-7-9-b29-a100-pm.zip

-- no md5 file found, ingoring

-- Install /sdcard/cm9-7-7-b29-a100-pm.zip ...
Can't mount /sdcard/cm9-7-9-b29-a100-pm.zip
E: failed to mount /data (no such or directory)
error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm9-7-9-b29-a100-pm.zip'

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
That md5 error is normal, and isn't causing the install to fail, its the pretty much brick status your device is in that's causing that. Basically all those errors are saying you have no partitions on your device, so it can't do anything until that's corrected.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
any idea where to start or how to get it back so i can return under waranty

Get it back how? Acer knows of the problem so just use the warranty.

Edit: sorry just realized what you meant. Sorry but no in its bricked state you can't restore it back to normal. You could try to fast boot the stock recovery and adb the stock boot loader, but it may or may not work. Doing any if the Modding voids the warranty anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UnBrick Guide

1. download this tools and extrackt -night.nerdcamp.net

THX TO
    TeamWin Recovery
    and all other XDA Dev´s

Here's a little video www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U35BT7WemU

UnBrick Guide

1. download this tools and extrackt http://www.multiupload.nl/L8ZV0PTJ4U
    5. copy a rom in the tools directory zb CM9 and run the 2. script this will copy all files from tools to the internal flash an on the tap you can install this rom an reboot an ready to fly

THX TO TeamWin Recovery
    and all other XDA Dev´s

Looks promising thanks for putting this up! I look forward to seeing if this successfully works on the various types of bricks.

Edit: Not sure what's up with your links or hosting, but yeah...doesn't work, just ads, then redirect to ....another ad. No download.

Edit2: Ok I've tried 6 times, no download, and I should mention links like this are frowned upon by XDA Mods, so you may want to switch to a host that doesn't require going through steps to get to the download, like dev-host. Looks like now I can't go past unless I sign up for something, which I may or may not agree with, which is kind of forcing users. Or I'm blind and not seeing it, always an option too lol

multiupload.nl/L8ZV0PTJ4U

I will upload it on my FTP wenn it´s done I´ll post it here

Np just thought I'd report what was happening. I can mirror on my dev-host as well if you'd like.

File link isn't work , i need it