[GINGERBREAD][ICS] GPS FIX for Galaxy S
GPS FIX FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT-I9000 DEVICES
!!! THIS FIX MAY NOT WORK ON GINGERBREAD 2.3.6 JW4, JW5, JW6, since they use different configurations. Flash it at your own risk. Someone reported that it does work very well.
!!! THIS FIX IS UNTESTED ON ICS! I may work, but it may also not. Make a backup first!
GINGERBREAD FLASHING MODE [2.3.x]
Finally, I made a proper GPS fix for our beloved Samsung Galaxy S. I did modify the HW Configuration, and get it working properly now. I haven't imported the original files from Froyo, since they don't work with GB. So, I got the best GPS HW from the best gingerbread firmware, and optimize it.
Now, you'll get:
- First fix takes no more than 1 min.
- Second or other fixes takes under 5 to 10 secs.
- Accuracy is about between 5-10 m, but most of the time it stays on 10m and 15m. It depends on weather conditions, and your prefered modem/baseband.
- Very accurate position in Google Maps
- Very accurate in terms of speed, accuracy, and locking.
I've also modified the gps.conf, and it's the best configuration for EUROPE. If you want to change it, download Faster Fix from Google Play and set your own position. It won't mess up with anything.
This fix may also work on ICS Roms. I'm not responsible if your GPS is totally screwed up after applying it into an ICS Based Rom. This GPS Fix was made entirely for GINGERBREAD GALAXY S Firmware.
How to install this fix:
1. Make sure you're rooted, with CWM Recovery and running Gingerbread.
2. Put the .zip into your SD-CARD
3. Go to recovery, by extended menu, or by pressing at the same time the VOLUME UP + HOME KEY + POWER KEY.
4. Go to advance and mount everything ( system, data, sdcard etc )
5. Back, and go to install zip from SD-CARD
6. Choose GPS Fix Made by BlackLineAndroidHD.zip
7. It'll be done in a sec or two
8. Reboot and you're ready to test it.
9. Open Angry GPS ( *#3214789650# ) and Delete GPS Data
10. Go to Settings/ General Settings/ and make sure the Operation Mode is set to MSBASED or STANDALONE, since they are the best in terms of navigation.
11. Gps Logging should be set to OFF
12. Accuracy - 50 or 75
13. Now, in AngryGPS default menu, you should see the following settings :
- Session Type : Tracking
- Test Mode(S/W or H/W) : S/W Test
- Operation Mode : MSBASED or STANDALONE
- Start Mode : Hot start
- XTRA : ON
- GPS Logging : OFF
Now, you're all done. Get yourself driven to an open field and test the brand new GPS.
This FIX was made by me, raulrusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on YouTube. I also have a BlackLineAndroidHD profile on XDA, but I haven't got the necessary permisions to post in Developement section.
This is the .zip file:
Your GPS isn't still working? Please also try this gps.conf for Europe made by Rjlm. http://sourceforge.net/projects/hdte....conf/download
ICE CREAM SANDWICH FLASHING MODE [4.0.x]
1. Download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?13b8nskz5x0hhar
2. Make sure you have an updated nandroid backup
3. Flash this file in ClockWorkMode Recovery and reboot.
4. See if the gps works.
5. If it doesn't work, restore stock ics gps H/W from here http://www.mediafire.com/?69wld5el79b7xl5
6. If it does work, ENJOY!
7. For testing GPS, I recommend GPS Test application from PlayStore. The stock AngryGps is even better. Somesay that they couldn't get it to work properly on ICS. Or download GPS Aids Free or Donate (better Donate) and configure it by yourself.
If you got your GPS working, and want to say thanks, please subscribe to my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackLineAndroidHD
and hit the THANKS button.
Take care, guys!
goes to Samsung Developers
for giving us such good GPS H/W Files.
-RaulRusescu a.k.a BlackLineAndroidHD on XDA and YouTube