Root 2.3.6 Roms
Good news everyone!
Here is the rooting method for 2.3.6 ROM's, that I decided to call PreinstalameEsta (roughly translated to PreinstallThis)
This method doesn't change any user data. The sbf that is flashed during the procedure only modifies the /preinstall partition (CG66), in which exists a security problem that I exploited to get the root access.
PreinstalameEsta's Files: https://github.com/downloads/nicofff...4-gce4da6b.zip
ADB, RSD lite, drivers, etc.
1) Unzip the PreinstalameEsta's Files
2) Plug your phone, and switch on USB debugging
3) Run the rootMM2_en.bat file (or runme_en.sh on linux)
3) When asked to flash the new sbf file, reboot the phone into bootloader mode (turn on while pressing the up arrow on the keyboard)
4) Open RSD lite, select the fixed.sbf file and flash it into the phone. (if on linux, use the sbf_flash app included)
5) When it finishes flashing, and reboots, continue executing the rootMM2.bat file.
6) After a few reboots more, the batch file will finish and the phone should be rooted.
In case you want to contribute code, translations, etc.:
For an explanation (in spanish) on how i found the root, check here:
Original Thread on GA: http://www.grupoandroid.com/topic/49...-y-tigoretail/
I got my phone stolen last night (In San Telmo, Buenos Aires). Just in case it ends in the hands of a good soul and they happen to come here, i humbly ask them to return it.
The way to identify it: Under the battery, there is a sticker from AFIP that is slightly burnt.