Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Want to flash My s3 from sprint to verizon

Tip us?

jrthe420toker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Want to flash My s3 from sprint to verizon

Hello everyone.
i just got my s3 and i am in love with it. the only thing i hate is paying 100 a month for sprint service. i have the s2 also from sprint but its flashed to verizon and want to do the same with my s3. can someone please give me sum info or a place that has step by step instruction for noobs plus what software to use and where to get it.
please im broke and i want to do this b4 my next sprint bill comes in. ty all

elfhater
Old
Thanks Meter 87
First of all, I'm not sure if what you're asking is legal since you're likely going to be cheating Verizon out of money on their plan for the S3. Besides that, AFAIK QPST for the US GS3 isn't working yet, and that is a necessity for flashing to other carriers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Don't ask about my username, it's a long story...

JUSMEJOSE
Old
Thanks Meter 187
I have the Samsung s3 t-mobile and Im able to connect and read the phone using cdma workshop .... I'm sure this phone is possible

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------

Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------

Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919

rdwing
Old
Thanks Meter 7
OP is referring to esn cloning, which is illegal and barred from discussion here on these boards.

The Following User Says Thank You to rdwing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JUSMEJOSE
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
OP is referring to esn cloning, which is illegal and barred from discussion here on these boards.

Flashing is not illegal ... he means over to pageplus

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
T-Mobile Galaxy Galaxy Note 3 - White 32GB
ROM: Stock
Rooted
Kernel: Trinity/Overclocked

-------------

Any questions about Hard Bricked/JTAG Repairs PM ME...

-------------

Previous Phones

Motorola i60/Motorola i860/Motorola i930/Motorola V300/Nokia N95 8GB/Nokia N96/HTC G1/Blackberry 9000/HTC Nexus One/Samsung Nexus S/Samsung Vibrant T959/Samsung T989/Samsung T889/Samsung M919

dasistsparta
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post

You are so lame.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dasistsparta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nabbed
Old
Thanks Meter 198
To be honest, I don't quite understand why a person cannot use his/her phone, which they bought for $600 outright, on a network of their choice.

You can do that with GSM phones. Why not with CDMA?
The Following User Says Thank You to nabbed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elfhater
Old
(Last edited by elfhater; 6th July 2012 at 02:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
rdwing is right. Although the FCC law is vague when it comes to what exactly “ESN cloning" is and what sort of flashing is illegal, it IS illegal to flash to Verizon and not pay for the plan you should be paying for; for example, paying for a non-data plan but using the GS3 on that plan. That is absolutely fraud and is prohibited from discussion here.

IMHO I don't believe flashing to a carrier such as Virgin Mobile, which allows you to use any plan for any phone, is wrong or illegal. However, Verizon's large number of plans for specific types of phones makes it impossible for us to know whether or not you'll be using the phone on the proper plan.

neyenlives
Old
(Last edited by neyenlives; 6th July 2012 at 04:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfhater View Post
rdwing is right. Although the FCC law is vague when it comes to what exactly “ESN cloning" is and what sort of flashing is illegal, it IS illegal to flash to Verizon and not pay for the plan you should be paying for; for example, paying for a non-data plan but using the GS3 on that plan. That is absolutely fraud and is prohibited from discussion here.

IMHO I don't believe flashing to a carrier such as Virgin Mobile, which allows you to use any plan for any phone, is wrong or illegal. However, Verizon's large number of plans for specific types of phones makes it impossible for us to know whether or not you'll be using the phone on the proper plan.

O'RLY? because here is a thread explicitly coaching members on how to misrepresent their smartphones as dumbphones and rape the ATT data plan that is specifically meant for non-smartphones, even though the ATT ToS calls out SIM swapping specifically. It has been allowed to prosper despite being brought to their attention because "if ATT didn't want people using the loophole they would close it" I was told. I suppose it's a fine line they have to walk, to allow or not, what's technically legal or illegal.....but I get the feeling that the admins turn a blind eye to activities as long as they are crimes against a large corporation, but if you were to do the same thing to an individual developer they would be all over it.

Hey, I'm all for getting the most for my money, but I try not to condone intentionally screwing them over even if they are a huge corporation. Admittedly it's not always easy to ride that line.....but I personally think there is something about taking advantage and being opportunistic that lends itself to expose the real moral compass of people. Most people who would make good life decisions won't intentionally go out of their way to screw anyone, company or not. Not all, but most I think. It just reflects poorly on people that do such things. We all struggle with easy opportunities.

elfhater
Old
(Last edited by elfhater; 6th July 2012 at 04:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesnmandy View Post
O'RLY? because here is a thread explicitly coaching members on how to misrepresent their smartphones as dumbphones and rape the ATT data plan that is specifically meant for non-smartphones, even though the ATT ToS calls out SIM swapping specifically. It has been allowed to prosper despite being brought to their attention because "if ATT didn't want people using the loophole they would close it" I was told. I suppose it's a fine line they have to walk, to allow or not, what's technically legal or illegal.....but I get the feeling that the admins turn a blind eye to activities as long as they are crimes against a large corporation, but if you were to do the same thing to an individual developer they would be all over it.

Hey, I'm all for getting the most for my money, but I try not to condone intentionally screwing them over even if they are a huge corporation. Admittedly it's not always easy to ride that line.....but I personally think there is something about taking advantage and being opportunistic that lends itself to expose the real moral compass of people. Most people who would make good life decisions won't intentionally go out of their way to screw anyone, company or not. Not all, but most I think. It just reflects poorly on people that do such things. We all struggle with easy opportunities.
That's exactly what I'm saying, the smartphone plans for companies like Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile are universal across all smartphones, making it impossible (AFAIK) to actually “cheat" the carrier out of money. I am also aware that Virgin Mobile DOES prohibit other carriers' phones in their ToS, however breaching a non-contact ToS is not illegal, it's only a way for a company to deny you service if you beach it. I'm not so sure about contact carriers like Verizon or AT&T, though...

I don't believe any of these companies deserve to be cheated out of money, I was just pointing out the fact that it is wrong to pay for a cheaper plan than what you should actually be paying for on that carrier and I was saying that the issue is non-existent on VM.