5,600,483 Members 32,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XYBOARD] Ultimate Guide To Ics Leak Install For Any Droid Xyboard!

Tip us?

mattlgroff
Old
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 7th July 2012 at 05:38 AM.) Reason: Wifi Xoom 10.1 leak added!
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Default [XYBOARD] Ultimate Guide To Ics Leak Install For Any Droid Xyboard!

Build dates are Tuesday July 3rd 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. For the 8.2 and 10.1 Wi-Fi AND 8.2 and 10.1 LTE models.

WARNING: If you are on a Wi-Fi only Xyboard of any size, there are no known fastboot files for you. Meaning if there is a newer leak for ICS or the official ICS 4.0.4 for Xyboard Wi-Fi only is a higher version number, you are STUCK on this ICS unless fastboot files come out.

WARNING 2: If you are on ANY model of Xyboard, once ICS installs there is no going back to Honeycomb. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Now that warnings are out of the way... here are my install instructions adapted from andlaw's Sideload ICS thread on droidrzr.com:

Quote:
Be on STOCK Xyboard latest Honeycomb update. No frozen apps. No custom recoveries, etc.

Install instructions are using ES File Explorer and Rom Manager (free) from the Play Store download these and be rooted on stock latest honeycomb.

open rom manager free, hit OK, now press the home button.
open es file explorer, press YES, press menu, open settings, scroll down to Path settings and under Root settings: Enable
Up to Root (path settings)
Root Explorer (root settings)
Mount File System (root settings)

"DOWNLOAD THE ICS UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone ~/cache/)"

open ES FILE EXPLORER, locate your /cache directory and then select the Blur_Version.___.___.___.MZ6__.______.__.en.USzip (depending on your version of Xyboard and ICS leak)
(now choose Open With ROM MANAGER)

phone will restart, and begin installation of the ICS leak (takes 10-15minutes)
phone restarts, boot animation begins, Android is upgrading :: Profit success!! Celebrate!!!

Now onto rooting:
  1. Connect USB to Xyboard and the Windows PC. Install the Motorola USB Drivers 5.7 or higher (found by an easy google search if you do not have these already installed).
  2. On the notification menu set the USB Mode to MTP mode or Camera mode (basically anything besides USB Mass Storage)
  3. Under Settings > Developer Options > Hit the "Enable USB Debugging" selection.
  4. Run this after extracted the zip file: http://goo.im/apps/mattlgroff/DroidRazrRoot404.zip

DOWNLOADS:
DROID XYBOARD 10.1 LTE ICS LEAK (11.7.279.MZ617.Verizon.en.US) : http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/dro...izon.en.US.zip

Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 WIFI ICS LEAK : (13.5.3.MZ615.Retail.en.US) : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15093625/Blu...tail.en.US.zip

DROID XYBOARD 8.2 LTE ICS LEAK (12.7.279.MZ609.Verizon.en.US) : http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/dro...izon.en.US.zip

Motorola XYBOARD 8.2 WI-FI ICS LEAK (14.5.3.MZ607.Retail.en.US) : http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/dro...tail.en.US.zip

Note from a nice user:
Quote:
Hey man.. I'm HussX on other forums.. I don't have enough posts here yet to post in dev forums, but I have something you may want to edit in/sticky. If someone recovers their tab with the fastboot files, the cache size may show it doesn't have enough space to copy over the ICS leak. To fix it, they need to boot into recovery, wipe/format the cache, then reboot. It will then show up the right size and allow them to copy the file over to update. Thanks, dude.
Greg
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

runandhide05
Old
(Last edited by runandhide05; 4th July 2012 at 10:24 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Sense it more likely to get a lot of questions here, I'll ask
You say no fast boot files for the WiFi only model,
Do you know something that we don't, are there files for the droid xyboard?
Are you hording the fast boot files for the droid xyboard? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edit
works great!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucasarran
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post

What's the Moto UI like on it? Any chance you could post a video please.
Phone: RAZR I (Stock Moto)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (AOSP KitKat 4.4)

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasarran View Post
What's the Moto UI like on it? Any chance you could post a video please.
Its very clean and as always with ICS much smoother. And I'm looking into the new recovery hijack used for ICS kernel since the old gingerbread method didn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lucasarran
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Its very clean and as always with ICS much smoother. And I'm looking into the new recovery hijack used for ICS kernel since the old gingerbread method didn't work

Well very good luck!
Phone: RAZR I (Stock Moto)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (AOSP KitKat 4.4)

runandhide05
Old
(Last edited by runandhide05; 4th July 2012 at 11:09 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasarran View Post
Well very good luck!
global network mode has been added along with GSM

new recovery hijack does not work either... err
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-04 16.57.31.jpg
Views:	1286
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1177380  
The Following User Says Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

john9
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 267
It's fantastic, thanks man.

runandhide05
Old
(Last edited by runandhide05; 4th July 2012 at 11:49 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Everyhing seems to be working flawlessly, face effects work, face unloc works.. smooth as butter
Also found this its double trap home to launch

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Edit
works great!
I am hording nothing lol.
They are on mod2extreme.com I believe the site is, found by a google search or three.

I am uploading utilities (similar to my Droid Razr Utility) for the 8.2" LTE and the 10.1" LTE Xyboards for pre-paring sideload of these leaks and unbricking them, which include the FB files.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
I am hording nothing lol.
They are on mod2extreme.com I believe the site is, found by a google search or three.

I am uploading utilities (similar to my Droid Razr Utility) for the 8.2" LTE and the 10.1" LTE Xyboards for pre-paring sideload of these leaks and unbricking them, which include the FB files.
i had no idea the official fastboot files were out...
theres like 0 info on that site, do you know if those are official fastboot files?
i ask simply cause if they are just imgs someone pulled off the tab itself they will not contain the moto sig and would fail to flash.