[APP][BETA] Augmented reality app.

Search This thread

Yelamos

Jul 4, 2012
Hi, I'm Yelamos, the community manager from ARlab, a company that has been recently involved in augmented reality. Up to now, we have published two SDKs for Android and iOS (ARBrowser SDK and Image Matching (markerless based) SDK). Following our easy API you will able to integrate Augmented Reality technology in your mobile application in few time. We just opened our beta program so we encourage any mobile developer interested to join us.
Here below you can check out a couple of Youtube videos showing some of the SDKs capabilities:
https://vimeo.com/channels/elipsear/43812943
https://vimeo.com/channels/elipsear/43245652
Here you have access to the documentation, API, sample codes and tutorials:
Documentation

Also if you want to see more of what we're doing you can check out our Facebook page. Hit the like button, make us see if you're getting involved, we'll appreciate it!

Furthermore if you have any questions, feedback or any kind of request do not hesitate to ask.

UPDATE: We have just released a sample app for you guys to check out, BoxOffice, which uses the Image Matching SDK, here is the thread talking about the app.

UPDATE: We have released another app! Trailer Catcher! We encourage you guys to go and take a look!

UPDATE: I don't know if you guys know about this, but just in case you don't, we released an AR game a week ago, and here's the link: BombAR!

ANOTHER UPDATE: we have just released another of our open source apps: ARPicBrowser
In this open source application, we have used the API provided by Panoramio, with which we are able to get pictures – that have GPS coordinates – and place them on the device, according to our location and also the place the mobile device is pointing to. It has a few more features that are fully explain in its own forum thread.

UPDATE: This week we're proud to present linkAR! the social network for AR devs!

UPDATE: We released the 3D engine SDK. It's out as a beta! check it out HERE

Last edited:

Yelamos

Jul 4, 2012
Can u explain more about what it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989
Ok, so basically we have just released the beta versions of two of our products. We offer to developers a whole set of Augmented Reality tools, including these ARBrowser and Markerless-based Image matching SDKs.

The first of them is the AR browser:

This is basically an Augmented Reality geolocation-based browser in which you are able to add Points of Interest (POIs) with customizable information and actions. With this Augmented Reality view you are able to see in your camera device the POIs defined layered over your screen, and to launch any customizable event when the user clicks this POI.

So imagine that you live in Paris, and that you're standing right next to the famous Eiffel Tower. You can, by using the AR browser add a marker that, for example allows you to, once you click it, instantly display a video of how it was built, or re-direct you to the wikipage of the Eiffel Tower.

The second available SDK, is the known as Markerless-Based Image Matching, which with the user of this technology is able to recognize an image and also launch an event once it is recognize.

You can check the features of each one of these Beta Versions in the following links:

ARBrowser
ARImage Matching

If you have any further questions i'm happy to answer them! ^_^

Last edited:

Yelamos

Jul 4, 2012
Anytime :)
Also, I'd be glad to beta test :)

Hit thanks if I helped :)

Sent from my Blade using xda premium.
Hi stkfigure, thank you for your interest. In order to be a beta tester you have to download our free sdks, implement an application using them, and finally your feedback has to be sent. Thus, we are gonna be able to improve our products in each new version. Furthermore, being part of our beta tester programm, you will have access to our new software before the official release date."

Last edited:

stkfigure

Oct 23, 2011
Mumbai
Hi stkfigure, thank you for your interest. In order to be a beta tester you have to download our free sdks, implement an application using them, and finally your feedback has to be sent. Thus, we are gonna be able to improve our products in each new version. Furthermore, being part of our beta tester programm, you will have access to our new software before the official release date."

Can I get the links? :)

Reactions: Yelamos

Yelamos

Jul 4, 2012
Do you have any example projects except of Hello World?
Yes, in fact, we have the ARPicBrowser for android and iOS which uses the ARBrowser SDK; and we have the BoxOffice for android and iOS which uses the Image Matching SKD. The are both open source apps fully completed for you to check out and play with. If you have any further questions please feel free to keep asking.

Last edited:

Yelamos

Jul 4, 2012
Ok. Relatively new developer here.

1)How unstable is the beta?

2)What are your conditions of usage?

U never know. This could be the next Google Goggles. :p

Hi QuantumFoam, the beta is quite stable. The differences between the actual beta and the release version will not be many. Also, the conditions of usage are in this link, under the "2, fill the form" and "license terms". If you cannot find it i'll send you a private message with the full license terms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm Yelamos, the community manager from ARlab, a company that has been recently involved in augmented reality. Up to now, we have published two SDKs for Android and iOS (ARBrowser SDK and Image Matching (markerless based) SDK). Following our easy API you will able to integrate Augmented Reality technology in your mobile application in few time. We just opened our beta program so we encourage any mobile developer interested to join us.
    Here below you can check out a couple of Youtube videos showing some of the SDKs capabilities:
    https://vimeo.com/channels/elipsear/43812943
    https://vimeo.com/channels/elipsear/43245652
    Here you have access to the documentation, API, sample codes and tutorials:
    Documentation

Also if you want to see more of what we're doing you can check out our Facebook page. Hit the like button, make us see if you're getting involved, we'll appreciate it!

Furthermore if you have any questions, feedback or any kind of request do not hesitate to ask.

UPDATE: We have just released a sample app for you guys to check out, BoxOffice, which uses the Image Matching SDK, here is the thread talking about the app.

UPDATE: We have released another app! Trailer Catcher! We encourage you guys to go and take a look!

UPDATE: I don't know if you guys know about this, but just in case you don't, we released an AR game a week ago, and here's the link: BombAR!

ANOTHER UPDATE: we have just released another of our open source apps: ARPicBrowser
    In this open source application, we have used the API provided by Panoramio, with which we are able to get pictures – that have GPS coordinates – and place them on the device, according to our location and also the place the mobile device is pointing to. It has a few more features that are fully explain in its own forum thread.

UPDATE: This week we're proud to present linkAR! the social network for AR devs!

UPDATE: We released the 3D engine SDK. It's out as a beta! check it out HERE
    We're currently looking for beta testes for our new augmented reality apps for iphone, ipad and android based phones.

I know it's a typo, but 'Beta testes' is just hilarious. x)

Can u explain more about what it is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989
    XD yea sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out! ^^

Anytime :)
    Also, I'd be glad to beta test :)

projects

Do you have any example projects except of Hello World?