No registration required

ATTENTION CANADIAN USERS: Forums for Canadian carriers

OP evilmonkey1987

13th January 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #171  
Flag edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
It looks like sprint is not compatible. The only ones are t-mobile, at&t, videotron (dunno of that american or canadian carrier). Found a chart deep in the forums somewhere but I cant find it anymore.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
13th January 2013, 03:19 AM   |  #172  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 821

1,847 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodonOoO

It looks like sprint is not compatible. The only ones are t-mobile, at&t, videotron (dunno of that american or canadian carrier). Found a chart deep in the forums somewhere but I cant find it anymore.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Videotron is a Quebec based carrier running on the same frequencies as T-Mobile, wind and mobilicity, all of which are using the t999 gs3. The primary difference with Sprint/Verizon is that they are cdma based while the other North American models are gsm based. On compatibility, key thing to remember: Never flash a Rom from another carrier that includes a modem (most don't) or you could either lose your imei number or even brick your phone!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app
13th January 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #173  
Flag Burlington
Thanks Meter: 201

848 posts
More
Ive been reading throughout this thread and realized my issues are due to the fact that I installed TWRP through Goo Manager (which automatically installed TWRP (D2CAN) version). Most ROMS on here are D2ATT - which from my understanding are the same. The problem occurs when flashing from a rooted stock rom to a custom rom whether CM10 or AOKP etc - because the rooted stock rom is D2CAN and the roms I am trying to flash are D2ATT, so I get errors when flashing. From what Ive read in this thread, once I successfully flash a D2ATT rom, I should no longer have this issue, as my device will now read D2ATT. I believe that is the source of my problem.

Moving forward, what is the easiest way to work around this issue? Should I flash TWRP D2ATT Recovery on my phone so that the recovery doesnt think I am using a different version when flashing? Or Ive also read that you can unpack the rom, and change the device ID I think it is to D2CAN. I just want to make sure I dont brick my device, so I would prefer using a method that has worked for others.

Any information is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: this link solved my issues:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34253095

Thanks
Last edited by bdithug; 14th January 2013 at 04:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdithug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2013, 03:25 PM   |  #174  
Flag edmonton

27 posts
More
Re: ATTENTION CANADIAN USERS: Forums for Canadian carriers
Thanks thug that was a good find that link help loads. Does anyone know if there is a stock rom to flash with not so much bloatware? Im with rogers and the juck they load on is just ridiculous or even better a list of this junk to delete would be good. I found one in the forums but its quite old and not listing carrier bloatware.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
29th January 2013, 10:29 AM   |  #175  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 12,822

4,718 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodonOoO

Thanks thug that was a good find that link help loads. Does anyone know if there is a stock rom to flash with not so much bloatware? Im with rogers and the juck they load on is just ridiculous or even better a list of this junk to delete would be good. I found one in the forums but its quite old and not listing carrier bloatware.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

try my rom, links in my sig. all Canadians should give it a shot
29th January 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 11

240 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdithug

Ive been reading throughout this thread and realized my issues are due to the fact that I installed TWRP through Goo Manager (which automatically installed TWRP (D2CAN) version). Most ROMS on here are D2ATT - which from my understanding are the same. The problem occurs when flashing from a rooted stock rom to a custom rom whether CM10 or AOKP etc - because the rooted stock rom is D2CAN and the roms I am trying to flash are D2ATT, so I get errors when flashing. From what Ive read in this thread, once I successfully flash a D2ATT rom, I should no longer have this issue, as my device will now read D2ATT. I believe that is the source of my problem.

Moving forward, what is the easiest way to work around this issue? Should I flash TWRP D2ATT Recovery on my phone so that the recovery doesnt think I am using a different version when flashing? Or Ive also read that you can unpack the rom, and change the device ID I think it is to D2CAN. I just want to make sure I dont brick my device, so I would prefer using a method that has worked for others.

Any information is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: this link solved my issues:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34253095

Thanks

So using the method in the link you've provided, can you flash to other roms without having to go through that process again? Is ur phone considered d2att now?
From what I've read, it seems like you need to do this everytime you change roms. Would it be a lot easier to reflash twrp as d2att?
The Following User Says Thank You to mikoal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #177  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 33

210 posts
More
Thanks for the info!
18th February 2013, 08:07 PM   |  #178  
Thanks Meter: 23

222 posts
More
So, can the AT&T version work on Rogers?
18th February 2013, 08:37 PM   |  #179  
Flag edmonton

27 posts
More
Re: ATTENTION CANADIAN USERS: Forums for Canadian carriers
At&t or t-mobile.
21st February 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #180  
Thanks Meter: 103

448 posts
Donate to Me
ATTN Anyone in the Brampton/Caledon, ON areas. Which modem do you find works best for you? My signal quality is always in the yellow while in Brampton. I haven't tinkered with flashing different modems yet and am currently using the one that comes with the official JB release from Rogers (see sig).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread