Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] 1.8GHz+ overclock module for HTC EVO 4G LTE

Tip us?

Art2Fly
Old
(Last edited by Art2Fly; 24th July 2012 at 07:30 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 362
Default [MOD] 1.8GHz+ overclock module for HTC EVO 4G LTE

EDIT: Perflock really doesnt allow the settings to stick. Sure you can change them in Set CPU or a similar app, but after using CPU Spy and realizing that the phone does not clock to above 1.5GHZ unless Set CPU is open this is considered pretty much useless until a custom kernel comes that disables perflock. Sorry.

First I want to say thanks to Haus for showing me how to do this, his thread is here. This is not my own release but rather I modded coolbho3000's original module to work with our phones. The rest of the post will be word for word verbatim of his post.

Instructions

Install the overclock (only once):
1. Push the kernel module to your device, make sure it is the krait_oc.ko file, not the krait_oc.ko.bak file:
Code:
Select Code
adb push krait_oc.ko /data/local
2. Install the new thermald.conf, making sure to back up the old one, and reboot. The thermald.conf is included in the download. If you want to target a frequency other than 1809000 KHz, you should edit the thermald.conf and replace "1809000" to whatever frequency you want to target.
Code:
Select Code
adb push thermald.conf /data/local
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cp /system/etc/thermald.conf /system/etc/thermald.conf.bak
rm -r /system/etc/thermald.conf
cp /data/local/thermald.conf /system/etc
reboot
Load the overclock (every time you reboot):
1. Load the kernel module (replace pll_l_val and vdd_uv with your desired voltages and L value as explained above. It defaults to 67 and 1300000 if you don't give it any parameters):
Code:
Select Code
adb shell
su
insmod /data/local/krait_oc.ko pll_l_val=67 vdd_uv=1300000
2. Bring core 1 temporarily offline so it gets updated with the new max frequency:
Code:
Select Code
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
3. You'll now have an additional CPU frequency! SetCPU can configure your maximum frequency up to this speed. You can also choose to keep running at 1.5GHz at any time - this method doesn't eliminate any available frequencies. Set the max at 1.8GHz to verify it's stable here.
4. Restart thermald by running "ps". Look for "thermald" in the list, and find thermald's pid (it's usually a number in the low hundreds, higher up in the list). Run "kill [thermald's PID]" in adb shell. The kernel does not currently have kernel-level temperature throttling turned on, so thermald is important for now.

Remove the overclock by restoring your backup of thermald.conf:
Code:
Select Code
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
rm -r /system/etc/thermald.conf
cp /system/etc/thermald.conf.bak /system/etc/thermald.conf
rm -r /system/etc/thermald.conf.bak
reboot
Rebooting clears any kernel modules that are loaded, so you're now clean. You can then delete anything left over in /data/local, but it doesn't matter.

Download
Link to Modded Krait_OC Modules for HTC EVO 4G LTE
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Art2Fly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LMMT
Old
Thanks Meter 608
Whaaa? Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 628
This is amazing. We can overclock before kernel source drops... Thank you devs once again for exceeding my expectations!

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to PsiPhiDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 935
yeZZZZURRRRRR!!!!! sweet nice work brA!!!!!!!! THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to P.Mobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dread 7us
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1111

DONATE TO ME
Nice work

Sent from my EVO LTE

The Following User Says Thank You to Dread 7us For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

firmbiz94
Old
Thanks Meter 402
Seems a little complicated for me but can't wait to see how this thing does oc'd so we know what to expect when Kernel source is released ..
Device: Silver HTC One 32gb

Rom: Stock

Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to firmbiz94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

utnick
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Code:
Select Code

I get permission denied at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to utnick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by utnick View Post
Code:
Select Code

I get permission denied at this point.
Are you running it as root?

Sent from my LTEvo

kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 5th July 2012 at 12:25 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1587

DONATE TO ME
locked and loaded running at 1.8 nice have it set to 1.8 ondemand

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 935
i hope someone makes a video on this..im still a noob pretty much!! so i plug my phone in to my desktop and then what?? what to i have to put my phone in??