How to Create an FTF file of Your Xperia Firmware
(credit to Vijay's Tech Encounters
What you Need to Create an ftf File:
Sony PC Companion
and its updates if any.
Xperia phone of course.
Warning and Disclaimer:
Take a backup of all important data like contacts, call logs, SMSs, apps, APN and other settings before proceeding further. You may have to perform a clean install of your OS. While for all practical purposes, using Flashtool is safe but there is a very very remote chance of damaging your phone. You've been warned.
1. Install Sony PC Companion and/or SEUS. This will copy the necessary drivers to your PC. Connect your phone with USB Debugging enabled and allow your PC to install the necessary drivers.
2. Connect your phone and update or repair your phone with the latest firmware version. If you update/upgrade, your data will be preserved. If you repair, all data may be lost. So backup everything. Now, your phone is updated with the latest firmware. Keep put aside. We don’t need your phone anymore to create the ftf file.
3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs folder and look for the biggest two files. The folder “blob_fs” may be located in a different place depending on whether you used PC Companion or SEUS. Perform a search for that folder if you can’t find it. Once you are inside the folder, sort by size and see the 3 largest files were just created (when you updated/repaired your phone). Copy them to somewhere else like C:\firmware.
4. Install Flashtool and open it.
5. Click Advanced > Decrypt Files.
6. Select all the two files and click the right arrow to send them to the right side and click OK. In a moment, you will see a Flashtool pop up window that shows all the decrypted files. Select all the files except the simlock.ta and partition-image.sin files
as those are not needed and can cause flashing issues sometimes. Click the right arrow button.
7. Type in the device model next to Device (ie LT28i, LT28at, LT28h)
, firmware version number next to Version (not android version)
, and branding next to Branding (For branding if it is not a carrier branded device use Generic or the customization number of the device)
and click OK.
8. In the Device Selection window that appears, select your phone model and click OK.
In a moment, your ftf file will be there in the default Flashtool folder C:\Flashtool\Firmwares ready to flash.
If you are going to upload the firmware for people please zip the file first before uploading.
Lumia 920 // Xperia Z // Xperia TL // Xperia ion // Xperia P // iPad 3
Sony Smartwatch // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro // Sony LiveDock™ // Xperia ion Smartdock
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Xperia Play // Lumia 900 // Xperia S // iPad 1
Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Thanks button if I helped.