[ROM][GB 2.3.4] ForsakenGB v3.5|GB 2.3.7 UI|init.d|Supercharged|Aroma addon|Dec. 11
ForsakenGB v3.5 FINAL
Thank you all for checking the ROM in the last few months, I hope you enjoyed it like I did. This is the final release as I don't have the Ray anymore. See you around!
Again, note that I am not a dev exactly, I barely have some ideas about code and script, so bug fixing if any would be difficult; nevertheless, the cooking is all me.
This is made following the available guides and information on xda and for fun.
- Gingerbread speed and stability
- init.d support in the ROM
- Based on stock Gingerbread 2.3.4, build 4.0.2.A.0.62 UK
- The UI is from GB 2.3.7/ICS like, including themes, wallpapers, font, some applications
- Supercharged at 100%
- Surprise default ringtone
- All system apps up to date (as of Dec. 11th)
- Updated hosts file, hopefully less ads in the browser
- ROM stripped, 350MB of free internal memory
- AROMA apps addon
, lots of options to install, like Timescape, Facebook, YouTube, Communication apps, News, Tools and more.
* ROM v3.5 FINAL for UNLOCKED Bootloader
* ROM v3.5 FINAL for LOCKED Bootloader (CWM)
* AROMA Addon pack
- See the complete list attached below (v3.5_AppsAddon_LIST.txt).
* Lockscreen with Music Control: Mediafire
This lockscreen causes a bug that Google Goggles can't use the camera AND removes hold back to kill apps functionality. Only flash if really needed.
(No support here as I am not the author)
* Aire boot_uv7.1.69-sysinit
with init.d by bleepyboop: Dev-Host
* Aire boot_uv7.1.69: Dev-Host
* Aire bootpe7.69: Dev-Host
Rough changelog for Aire kernels (Google Translate)
- Repaired recovery for GB in the kernel by rolling back to previous version
- Fixes in ramdisk (reduced size and increased stability)
- Compatible with 70-radio
- New logo
- With the control voltage?: bootpe7.69
- With fixed undervolt?: boot_uv7.1.69
hartej repack: Dev-Host
- Overclockable to 2GHz (set at 1GHz to start - made sure of it this time!)
- Enabled most of the schedulers so you can choose your favorite
Installation UNLOCKED bootloader:
Before starting you already have to know how to unlock the bootloader, use Flashtool and install/use CWM and kernels.
Note that the installation wipes everything.
1. Have your bootloader UNLOCKED
2. Stock Gingerbread installed
3. Unrar the archive in your PC
4. Connect the device in MTP mode
with USB Debugging Enabled
5. Double click the AutoFlash1.0-beta4.exe and follow the instructions
6. Let the ROM load for the first time
and set it up
7. Reboot in CWM and flash the Aroma app addon or the Music Control Lockscreen (Optional)
- Fastboot drivers must
- Do not unplug the USB cable until the Autoflash window closes.
- The installation will leave an update.zip in the root of the card, delete it if you want after is finished.
- You can also start the installation in an unrooted .42 GB, but it will take longer.
Just unrar and copy in the card the update.zip file found in the system folder and flash it.
Installation LOCKED bootloader:
1. Stock Gingerbread installed, rooted and with CWM
2. Unrar "ForsakenGB_v3.5_Final_CWM.rar" in the root of the SD card
3. Reboot in CWM recovery
4. Restore backup 2012-12-11.08.15.06
5. Let the ROM load for the first time
and set it up
6. Reboot in CWM and flash the Aroma app addon if you want
As always, you are the only one responsible of what you are doing with your device, it's your choice to flash it, do your research first.
For non-ROM related problems use the search, GIYF
Version v3.5 updates:
* CRT off animation for the lockscreen added -thanks bruj4h for the idea
* Supercharger script modified, removed 3G, WiFi and misc tweaks. WiFi connection looks more stable now
* Network mode removed from quickpanel, compatibility issues
* Framework update brings:
Long press back to kill apps in Settings, circles battery icon black & white, light glow around windows, New reboot options: reboot, fastboot, recovery.
* New keyboard with blue borders
* init.d support IN the rom
, no addon required, even if the kernel doesn't support it will work
* Fonts updated, more ICS like
* The installation wipes everything in system, data and dalvik cache
* You can also start the installation in an unrooted .42 GB, but it will take longer.
ForsakenGB v3.5 Aroma addon changelog:
* Updated apps:
AdAway, Flash Player, avast!, Dolphin browser, Dropbox, ES File Explorer, Facebook, Firefox, Google Drive, OfficeSuite Viewer, Onavo Count, Opera Mini, Script Manager, SkyDrive, System Tuner, Terminal Emulator, Titanium Backup, WhatsApp, XDA, YouTube, ZDBox.
Check the post HERE
- All for unlocked
* ForsakenGB v1.0
- Patch v1.2
* ForsakenGB v2.0
* ForsakenGB v3.0
* 4.0.2.A.0.42 CE
* 4.0.2.A.0.62 UK
* 4.0.2.A.0.69 DE
for permissions to update the rom.
- his work on Xperia Play
and letting me use his files
(Aroma) - commandersafi
(Aroma App Package Creator) - emosis
(bootanimation) - danisariandi
in Arc) - Aire and DooMLoRD
(kernels) - bleepyboop, hartej
- (kernel updates) - iridaki
(keyboard) - neroyoung
- (kitchen guide) - zeppelinrox
- All others for the tools, Androxyde
- Anyone I missed
Versions 1 and 2:
(sharing the original FTF .69) - hansip87
(quickpanel) - jjdoctor
(battery mod) - krabappel2548
(updater scripts stuff) - foggyflute