Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I got mine, you got yours? Initial Thoughts . . .

Tip us?

polarimetric
Old
(Last edited by polarimetric; 6th July 2012 at 07:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by maqsur View Post
Just had to say, I actually also willingly entered into the Share Everything Plan... last week!
Whoa! We're nearly mythical here. I just had to sit back and watch everyone go up in arms about losing unlimited and thinking to myself, "This is actually going to save my family money..."

Also, dbrits: I agree that not having a menu button is a little frustrating when using non-streamlined apps, especially in the examples that you gave where the three-dot button at the bottom is unattractive and hogs a lot of space. I wouldn't blame HTC, though; Google is more culpable. The whole ICS design philosophy opposes the menu button because it is not "discoverable"--I don't really understand that one, but I have seen less seasoned smartphone users get confused by the menu button--so excluding it is just bending to Google's wishes for the future of Android. I will actually probably prefer the lack of a menu button once most apps fully transition to the ICS-style top-right menu.

That being said, I, too, find the multitask button a little ridiculous. I don't necessarily mind using it, but long-pressing Home was easy enough and half of my presses of the button are accidental by the base of my thumb. I think HTC would've been better off just having Back and Home buttons and moving the two closer to the center.

Is it just me or is vibrate really weak? Maybe that's just because the original Incredible vibrated like a chainsaw, though.

tbaker077
Old
Thanks Meter 16
How is the color clarity of the SLCD2 vs the Rezound?

maqsur
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Color is good so far, seems like rezound but this screen is brighter

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2889
Quote:
Originally Posted by maqsur View Post
I will check it out thanks, figured they would put the device specifically since it is in the well known "droid" lineup.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Na not likely...the EVOLTE wasn't listed separately....don't think they have the need to do that anymore till the phones are locked in a different manner...

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

HTCVzw
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I came across this site this morning. So I bought my phone for $99. Its that price for an upgrade or new line of service! mobile.geigerint.com

Terry Hesticles
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got the phone yesterday at a Best Buy (after calling a few). I love the size of the phone and going from the original INC to this phone was perfect. My only issue so far is that that the WiFi icon never goes away. I liked the original (rooted) INC were the WiFi icon would only show up when you are connected. On this phone, it is there all the time (whether off or scanning, etc.) I know it is not a big deal but for some reason it is bothering me. Has anyone gotten this icon to disappear?

Thanks,
Matt

Pandalero
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles View Post
Got the phone yesterday at a Best Buy (after calling a few). I love the size of the phone and going from the original INC to this phone was perfect. My only issue so far is that that the WiFi icon never goes away. I liked the original (rooted) INC were the WiFi icon would only show up when you are connected. On this phone, it is there all the time (whether off or scanning, etc.) I know it is not a big deal but for some reason it is bothering me. Has anyone gotten this icon to disappear?

Thanks,
Matt
This is annoying me as well. Just crowds the notification bar. Been trying to figure out how to remove it.

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
seems like you can get it new/upgrade on lets talk for 20/40 respectively

fsiddique
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles View Post

Thanks,
Matt
This is a "feature" of Sense 4. The first few Sense 4 ROMs for the Rezound had this "feature" as well, we just have to wait for the devs to release a custom ROM with it removed.

marky2mark
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthornto88 View Post
Global mode is something different. What I am talking about is buying a prepaid sim overseas or using it with t-mobile/att&t. The command doesn't work because Verizon disabled it but if you download the Thunderbolt LTE on/off app in the play store you can change it to GSM only. The options are there so the phone is capable like everyone said. I just got back from receiving the phone and the app works in switching to 3G. The sim for this phone is now a micro-sim so for someone to test they would need to trim a regular sim and put it in. This settings works for voice only. To send SMS and MMS, we need a dev to fix the ROM. That's how they did it with the Rezound. Or we wait for Verizon to enable all the functionality.

So far I am liking the phone. It's more like the original incredible than the incredible 2.
Ok got it. Thanks.

Sounds like a lot of hassle, especially for voice only. I'm looking for text and email too.

I went to the Verizon store yesterday to check out the phone. I asked the sales guy and he said they will be coming out with an update "soon" to enable global mode. I asked how soon. He said "well the Rezound is 6 months old and just got the update, so I'm guessing 6 months". I guess that's Verizon's idea of "soon".

If the hardware supports it and it's such a simple software update, I don't see why they couldn't just include it from day one. Makes no sense to me. I have to say....Verizon really sucks.