FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Screen quality

1,312 posts
Thanks Meter: 350
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone who already has the 700, could you wave your hand in front of your screen to see it you can see afterimages of your hand? I need to know this, that issue bugged the hell out of me on my prime.

Sent from my 3d porn machine.
 
 
5th July 2012, 09:14 PM |#2  
MartyHulskemper's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366
 
More
What? I LOL'ed -- it only does that when I'm watching pr0n.

Seriously: do you mean the screen's glossiness? Yes, it is higly reflective, but not to the extent that it bothers me when watching photographs, video, and the like (whether adult or more socially acceptable material, hahaha!).
5th July 2012, 11:18 PM |#3  
Keion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyHulskemper

What? I LOL'ed -- it only does that when I'm watching pr0n.

Seriously: do you mean the screen's glossiness? Yes, it is higly reflective, but not to the extent that it bothers me when watching photographs, video, and the like (whether adult or more socially acceptable material, hahaha!).

No, I'm talking more about the effect that you get from old crt tvs, I wanted to know if the screens refresh hertz was adequate.
6th July 2012, 12:56 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
I know what you're talking about, I did that a lot as a kid in front of the old TV. The idea is that lower refresh rates make it look like your can see several "after images" of your hand as you wave it back and forth between your eyes and the TV screen. A higher refresh rate eliminates this as it surpasses your eyes' ability to distinguish each screen refresh.
7th July 2012, 02:07 AM |#5  
Keion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone with 20/20 or better vision test this out with the tf700?
7th July 2012, 02:27 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeoxys

Can someone with 20/20 or better vision test this out with the tf700?

You know that modern displays are completely different from those old crts, right? The refresh rate no longer measures picture 'stability', only max displayed fps.
7th July 2012, 03:33 AM |#7  
Keion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoquark

You know that modern displays are completely different from those old crts, right? The refresh rate no longer measures picture 'stability', only max displayed fps.

Yeah I know. But on my prime, the effect was like an old CRT and that really pissed the hell outta me. It's probably just OCD but I wanna know.
7th July 2012, 07:19 PM |#8  
ray3andrei's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
It doesn't do it its perfect.. only if you press hard on the screen you'll get marks on your digitizer( only on white surfaces) which are going away really hard but if you close the screen or move the picture text anything in that place it goes away , not N issue because you kind of have to press hard.. but worth noting though

Sent from my Jelly Beaned GNexus
The Following User Says Thank You to ray3andrei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2012, 07:30 PM |#9  
Keion's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray3andrei

It doesn't do it its perfect.. only if you press hard on the screen you'll get marks on your digitizer( only on white surfaces) which are going away really hard but if you close the screen or move the picture text anything in that place it goes away , not N issue because you kind of have to press hard.. but worth noting though

Sent from my Jelly Beaned GNexus

No hand aftetimages? Thanks man, looks like I will buy then.

Sent from my 3d porn machine.
8th July 2012, 11:57 PM |#10  
ray3andrei's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeoxys

No hand aftetimages? Thanks man, looks like I will buy then.

Sent from my 3d porn machine.

I am not entirely sure what you mean with hand after images
But here you go


Not sure If you can see

Sent from my Asus Transformer Pad Infinity
Last edited by ray3andrei; 9th July 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes