CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more

Customized Ultra Stamina for Xperia

XDA Senior Member androidexpert35 has provided us a customized Ultra Stamine Mode from the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Straight Talk APN Settings for AT&T Galaxy Note

6th July 2012, 02:02 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Before spending $500+ on the AT&T Galaxy Note to put on Straight Talk, does anyone know the correct APN settings for everything to work? Several people on other posts say they can't get everything to work, & then other people say everything works great as long as you use the correct APN settings....but they don't actually give those APN settings. Any help would be appreciated Is it correct that I do not need to unlock the AT&T Galaxy Note for Straight Talk & that I just need to buy the Straight Talk sim card they provide for AT&T phones? Thanks!
6th July 2012, 02:47 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
I have a i717 on straight talk. Everything works great, mms and internet with speeds around 6Mb down / 2 Mb up. I'll get a screen shot with my latest settings for you. Very simple, couldn't be happier really. Just be careful about going over 200mb per day and 2gb per month.

You do not needed to unlock it. Mine is not unlocked, works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by dills2214; 6th July 2012 at 02:50 AM.
6th July 2012, 04:17 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
On the http addresses, I put the slashes in even though the original directions said not to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341544504726.jpg
Views:	5230
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1179813  
6th July 2012, 07:35 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 216
 
1,476 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214

I have a i717 on straight talk. Everything works great, mms and internet with speeds around 6Mb down / 2 Mb up. I'll get a screen shot with my latest settings for you. Very simple, couldn't be happier really. Just be careful about going over 200mb per day and 2gb per month.

You do not needed to unlock it. Mine is not unlocked, works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Why the limits.

The Boss beating on mickey mouse displays.
6th July 2012, 10:00 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
People have been throttled for breaking those limits at some point. I'm not that worried though. The throttled speeds were still faster than the speeds I got on sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
6th July 2012, 12:45 PM |#6  
aj_vogtman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
The plan says you get throttled after 5GB a month and that might happen. I get 2/mb down 1-2mb up almost everywhere in two states(MD and PA). I did have to call and complain when it stopped going above 200k. They must put you on the $30 plan then switch back to the $45 plan while your phone is off. This will get your speeds back up instantly.
Last edited by aj_vogtman; 26th July 2012 at 02:02 PM.
6th July 2012, 02:13 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 216
 
1,476 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214

People have been throttled for breaking those limits at some point. I'm not that worried though. The throttled speeds were still faster than the speeds I got on sprint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Oh OK well I'll give it a try if I get good speeds bye tmobile monthly I can always switch back

The Boss beating on mickey mouse displays.
14th July 2012, 02:38 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Ewa Beach
Thanks Meter: 11
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214

On the http addresses, I put the slashes in even though the original directions said not to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

IDK if your APN is for GB, my SGH-I717 is on stock ICS updated directly from KIES and the only APN available are: Internet+MMS, Internet, or MMS. there is no default, supl, mms option available. I followed the Straight Talk instruction that came with the AT&T SIM card. When I try to send MMS file, it says file is too large, compressing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes