Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Straight Talk APN Settings for AT&T Galaxy Note

OP jpmedley

6th July 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Before spending $500+ on the AT&T Galaxy Note to put on Straight Talk, does anyone know the correct APN settings for everything to work? Several people on other posts say they can't get everything to work, & then other people say everything works great as long as you use the correct APN settings....but they don't actually give those APN settings. Any help would be appreciated Is it correct that I do not need to unlock the AT&T Galaxy Note for Straight Talk & that I just need to buy the Straight Talk sim card they provide for AT&T phones? Thanks!
6th July 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

324 posts
I have a i717 on straight talk. Everything works great, mms and internet with speeds around 6Mb down / 2 Mb up. I'll get a screen shot with my latest settings for you. Very simple, couldn't be happier really. Just be careful about going over 200mb per day and 2gb per month.

You do not needed to unlock it. Mine is not unlocked, works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by dills2214; 6th July 2012 at 02:50 AM.
6th July 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #3  

324 posts
On the http addresses, I put the slashes in even though the original directions said not to

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1341544504726.jpg
Views:	5042
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1179813  
6th July 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 205

1,392 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dills2214

I have a i717 on straight talk. Everything works great, mms and internet with speeds around 6Mb down / 2 Mb up. I'll get a screen shot with my latest settings for you. Very simple, couldn't be happier really. Just be careful about going over 200mb per day and 2gb per month.

You do not needed to unlock it. Mine is not unlocked, works great.

Why the limits.

The Boss beating on mickey mouse displays.
6th July 2012, 10:00 AM   |  #5  

324 posts
People have been throttled for breaking those limits at some point. I'm not that worried though. The throttled speeds were still faster than the speeds I got on sprint.

6th July 2012, 12:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 14

113 posts
The plan says you get throttled after 5GB a month and that might happen. I get 2/mb down 1-2mb up almost everywhere in two states(MD and PA). I did have to call and complain when it stopped going above 200k. They must put you on the $30 plan then switch back to the $45 plan while your phone is off. This will get your speeds back up instantly.
Last edited by aj_vogtman; 26th July 2012 at 02:02 PM.
6th July 2012, 02:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 205

1,392 posts
Quote:

People have been throttled for breaking those limits at some point. I'm not that worried though. The throttled speeds were still faster than the speeds I got on sprint.

Oh OK well I'll give it a try if I get good speeds bye tmobile monthly I can always switch back

The Boss beating on mickey mouse displays.
14th July 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #8  
Flag Ewa Beach
Thanks Meter: 9

80 posts
More
Quote:

On the http addresses, I put the slashes in even though the original directions said not to

IDK if your APN is for GB, my SGH-I717 is on stock ICS updated directly from KIES and the only APN available are: Internet+MMS, Internet, or MMS. there is no default, supl, mms option available. I followed the Straight Talk instruction that came with the AT&T SIM card. When I try to send MMS file, it says file is too large, compressing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread