Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Vivid Wont Turn On!?

OP zRadiz

6th July 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
Soo my phone just died and I plugged it into the charger. I left for like 10min came back and it didnt turn on.
I plugged out the charger and put it back in, then the orange like would light up for about 5 seconds then turn back off. Right after that my home, menu, back, and search button would vibrate everytime id touch them.

I tried to take out battery for 5min then insert it back in and turn it on.
Still a blank screen.
Everytime I plug in the charger into the phone. Light would come up, go away, then buttons vibrate.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?

Will be much appreciated!
6th July 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Funny you ask, my phone did the exact same thing for about 3 days. Was afraid to take it in since it's rooted, however figured it was worth a shot, took it in, let them take a look. They didn't bother checking the phone other than putting in a code to show the battery stats. Declared it was a faulty battery and was still under manufactured warranty so they ordered and shipped me a brand new battery. Matter of fact I just received it today and am now typing from the very same phone. It's just the battery

Sent from my HTC VIVID.
6th July 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etownrider89

Funny you ask, my phone did the exact same thing for about 3 days. Was afraid to take it in since it's rooted, however figured it was worth a shot, took it in, let them take a look. They didn't bother checking the phone other than putting in a code to show the battery stats. Declared it was a faulty battery and was still under manufactured warranty so they ordered and shipped me a brand new battery. Matter of fact I just received it today and am now typing from the very same phone. It's just the battery

Sent from my HTC VIVID.

I dont think I have a warrenty. Do you really think its the battery?

One time it successfully turned back on. I cant remember how I did it... lol
6th July 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Yea its definitely the battery. I left it plugged in alllll day and nothing. It would flash for 10 seconds then turn solid for 5 then turn off. Bottom buttons would have that haptic feedback. But screen wouldn't turn on. I put the new battery in about 3 hours ago after getting off of work (they fed exed) it. And it has worked ever since. P.S. If you have att you are always under the standard manufacturers warranty for one year from purchase date. It doesn't hurt to call and ask or take it in.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app
14th July 2012, 03:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
It cant be possible, because ive actually got it turned back on before....

It just seems like everytime my phone dies I have this problem.
and it takes forever to get it to work again..

14th July 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 512

3,304 posts
More
Well if it's the battery just order an anker battery off amazon. Anker is actually a great company and I have 2 anker batteries right now as spares as well as an external anker power bank for instant charging purposes.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA Premium HD app
14th July 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #7  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 431

2,001 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zRadiz

It cant be possible, because ive actually got it turned back on before....

It just seems like everytime my phone dies I have this problem.
and it takes forever to get it to work again..

Yea probably the battery. HTC will most likely send you a new one for free if you let them know what's going on. Or just go to your local AT&T/Bell/Rogers/etc store and they'll get you a new battery.
14th July 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 56

490 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1717766
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1479060
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531208
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1694017
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1769616
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1652689
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1732268
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1754534

EDIT: I have stopped looking for these threads. The more I look, the more I find. If the above threads don't convince you that there is a serious issue with the vivid, then adding more of the same problem will no longer help.

I have added this thread to a growing list of similar threads. Please read the other threads and see if your issues seem familiar.

From what I understand... Don't let your battery run out on this phone. Some Vivids kill batteries.
Solution? None yet.

1. Buy a new battery once a couple of months-ish, until someone figures out why some Vivids are eating batteries. YMMV
*OR*
2. You might invest in a external charger and see if that can bring the "Vivid munched" battery back to life. YMMV

I vote to thread merge the above threads if this proves to be the issue.
Last edited by t1n0m3n; 14th July 2012 at 05:21 PM.
14th July 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #9  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 512

3,304 posts
More
I've had my battery die several times with no issues. Of course since I have backup batteries and external chargers I just swap the battery and its all good

Sent from my VTC HIVID using the xda app
15th July 2012, 06:06 AM   |  #10  
Flag Strahan
Thanks Meter: 61

180 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. Battery ran out, so I put my phone on the charger. Orange light came on for maybe 3 seconds, then the orange light would continually flash, must have happened all night once and it didn't gain any charge... Every night afterwards for about a week it was doing the same thing, only way I could fix it every time was to alternate battery pulls with unplugging the charger until the orange light stuck on. It took half an hour to get it to stay on sometimes.. But, since I've been using my new battery I've had no problems at all, even with the old battery, I try to circulate batteries all the time.. I'm at a loss as to what's causing my (old) issue. Lol, just remembered something silly and probably unrelated, but I think the problem stopped around the same time my original battery went through the wash.. I know I shouldn't be using it, but it seems to hold charge better as well :P this is not a recommendation to go out and run batteries through a washing machine cycle though ;) just saying

Sent from my De-Sensed HTC Vivid using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivid
Previous Thread Next Thread