[Q] rooting for first time a nc 1.4.3 not working

OP danalog

6th July 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD.
6th July 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,880

1,058 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalog

Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD.

FWIW, you're not rooting the NC if you are attempting to boot off of the SD. The SD install is rooted by default. Here's leapinlar's very good tips thread:

Leapinlar's Tips Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Geneseo
Thanks Meter: 33

219 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalog

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread and you should have CM7 going. You should end up with CM7 on a uSD card; I recommend a Sandisk card.

If you want to root B&N 1.4.3, follow the OP of this thread. It is for rooting with Manualnooter.

Personally, I have both CM7 and rooted B&N 1.4.3/MN 5.2.19 on the emmc and they share the uSD card data for the most part. You could try this if you have patience by following the OP at this thread.

OP = Original Post
Last edited by bluepen61; 6th July 2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: OP = Original Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluepen61 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2012, 06:36 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up
Shuman;

Follow Bluepen's ist link.

I just finished and using a 32gb Kingston card, got a virgin Nook running 1.4.3 to work.

It took a couple tries, and a little patience to let the system boot, but it seems to work well.

Thanks BP61!!
27th August 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

69 posts
More
I did all of the steps in order, and the code scrolled through (is it normal to see lists of I/O errors?) When it finished, it powered down. Now it won't turn on with the SD card inserted, but powers up fine to BN Stock without the card. Using a PNY 16GB class 4 card.

Edit: Now it won't turn on either way.
Last edited by tmettler5; 27th August 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread