XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooting for first time a nc 1.4.3 not working

Tip us?

danalog
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs down [Q] rooting for first time a nc 1.4.3 not working

Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD.

shumash
Old
Thanks Meter 1482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalog View Post
Has anyone been able to root a virgin NC running 1.4.3? If so, please how? I've tried many many times with different images and can't get cm7 to boot from SD.
FWIW, you're not rooting the NC if you are attempting to boot off of the SD. The SD install is rooted by default. Here's leapinlar's very good tips thread:

Leapinlar's Tips Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to shumash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluepen61
Old
(Last edited by bluepen61; 6th July 2012 at 09:53 PM.) Reason: OP = Original Post
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by danalog View Post
Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread and you should have CM7 going. You should end up with CM7 on a uSD card; I recommend a Sandisk card.

If you want to root B&N 1.4.3, follow the OP of this thread. It is for rooting with Manualnooter.

Personally, I have both CM7 and rooted B&N 1.4.3/MN 5.2.19 on the emmc and they share the uSD card data for the most part. You could try this if you have patience by following the OP at this thread.

OP = Original Post
bluepen61
At times, sent from XDA Premium from my Motorola Moto X or Nook HD 8GB rooted with Leapinlar's HD/HD+ Stock Root.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluepen61 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gentleman Adventurer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Shuman;

Follow Bluepen's ist link.

I just finished and using a 32gb Kingston card, got a virgin Nook running 1.4.3 to work.

It took a couple tries, and a little patience to let the system boot, but it seems to work well.

Thanks BP61!!

tmettler5
Old
(Last edited by tmettler5; 27th August 2012 at 08:16 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 7
I did all of the steps in order, and the code scrolled through (is it normal to see lists of I/O errors?) When it finished, it powered down. Now it won't turn on with the SD card inserted, but powers up fine to BN Stock without the card. Using a PNY 16GB class 4 card.

Edit: Now it won't turn on either way.