Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod team already looking foward to a CM10

Tip us?

eggydrums
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Default CyanogenMod team already looking foward to a CM10

Yes, you read right, the CM team has announced they will work soon on the new version of their Rom. CM9 is still in release candidate status, and their almost ready to jump in on Jelly Bean

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eggydrums For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Team kang that does AOKP also announced they will be beginning when source drops as well.
"A little patience, some searching, a little help from each other we can all get along and get things done"

Phone: Google Nexus 5
Platform: Android
Version: 4.4.1
Kernel: Stock
ROM: Stock

Team Oxygen on Facebook

http://xda-blog.info/

Devices since on T-Mobile: BB 9780>Xperia X10a>G2x>Galaxy S II>Galaxy Nexus>BB 9780>BB 9800>Amaze>Amaze>Exhibit II 4G>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S III>Amaze 4G>SE Xperia Arc>Amaze>Galaxy S III (Titanium)>LG Nexus 4>iPhone 5>HTC One>Galaxy S IV>Sony Xperia Z/Google Nexus 4>S4>iPhone 5>LG G2> Nexus 5

(Missing devices but meh lol)

Spastic909
Old
Thanks Meter 195
HTC needs to come off with some darn drivers already

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

eggydrums
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic909 View Post
HTC needs to come off with some darn drivers already

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
I don't think its gonna happen :/ they say they the WLAN chip is Texas Instruments and they are proprietary to them, and not for HTC to release. Source code for ics though will come soon

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydrums View Post
I don't think its gonna happen :/ they say they the WLAN chip is Texas Instruments and they are proprietary to them, and not for HTC to release. Source code for ics though will come soon

I think we should push for the reverse engineer for the drivers because of this.
"A little patience, some searching, a little help from each other we can all get along and get things done"

Team Oxygen on Facebook

Devices since on T-Mobile: BB 9780>Xperia X10a>G2x>Galaxy S II>Galaxy Nexus>BB 9780>BB 9800>Amaze>Amaze>Exhibit II 4G>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S III>Amaze 4G>SE Xperia Arc>Amaze>Galaxy S III (Titanium)>LG Nexus 4>iPhone 5>HTC One>Galaxy S IV>Sony Xperia Z/Google Nexus 4>S4>iPhone 5>LG G2> Nexus 5

eggydrums
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Nightmare View Post
I think we should push for the reverse engineer for the drivers because of this.
Yes that's what needs to be done, I think we should post a thread in the android software dev section because I don't think none of the devs here can, not even Texas ice, he said so, its way to complicated

Dark Nightmare
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydrums View Post
Yes that's what needs to be done, I think we should post a thread in the android software dev section because I don't think none of the devs here can, not even Texas ice, he said so, its way to complicated

We could ask one of the devs to post it in the devs special forum and with the right bounty, somebody is bound to do it for us.

Team Oxygen on Facebook

eggydrums
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 291
Quote:
We could ask one of the devs to post it in the devs special forum and with the right bounty, somebody is bound to do it for us.
True and we need it asap

dcacklam
Old
Thanks Meter 1285

DONATE TO ME
Default Just a thought - what about a precompiled binary kernel module?

I know that's how proprietary drivers are handled on desktop linux... EG, nVidia's original display drivers were distributed as a binary....

Is it possible to get a ti-wlan.o (or whatever it's called) from HTC (or from the official release) and use it in CM?
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Didn't ...Awesome... Get a device? My wife ran his aosp ics roms on mt4g and they were very solid.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2