Originally Posted by Brut.all, Updated by iBotPeaches
It is a tool for reengineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications; it makes possible to debug smali code step by step. Also it makes working with app easier because of project-like files structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
It is NOT intended for piracy and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms and other GOOD purposes. Just try to be fair with authors of an app, that you use and probably like.
- decoding resources to nearly original form
smali debugging: SmaliDebugging
- helping with some repetitive tasks
- Changelog: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/Changelog
- Bugs: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/issues/list
- Wrapper Scripts: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/list
- Commits: https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/commits/master
- Help? FAQ? Wiki? http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/w/list
v1.5.2 (Released February 2 - 2013) Codename: Bug Fixes
- Fixed ( issue #299 ) - output smali filename errors to screen during rebuild instead of filestream
- Only show the --aapt / -a info in verbose mode.
- Fixed ( issue #392 ) - Don't crash out if .git folder isn't present. Use SNAPSHOT-DEV instead.
- Fixed ( issue #67 ) - Only store compressed resources.arsc if original was compressed, otherwise STORE.
- Moved build.gradle files to each sub-project, more organization
- Fixed ( issue #394 ) - Prevented duplicated files in final jar which saved around 1.2mb.
- Added Proguard to drop final jar size from 6.2mb to 2.6mb.
- Fixed ( issue #395 ) - Added check for "aapt" in unit-tests.
- Added ability to use "--frame-path" on [if|install-framework]
- Fixed renaming of ".r.9.png" images -> ".9.png".
- Added ability to use --version to print out Apktool version
Jar : http://android-apktool.googlecode.co...l1.5.2.tar.bz2 (v1.5.2) 105c137b352aa3270b85819f863a6fa1
- If you don't know the following terms (apk signing, aapt, apk, java) - then please don't post in this thread.
- If you didn't install frameworks (see FrameworkFiles) - then don't post here.
- If you want to engage in developer discussions - then post here.
- If you want to thank someone or express gratitude - sure why not post here.
- If your building from source - do not post those snapshot builds in this thread as we mix builds and makes users confused.
- If you believe you've found a bug, I'd prefer you post here: Bug List - but I won't be mad if you post it in this thread.
- If you send me a PM about Apktool support, I will ignore it.
- If you post any stacktraces, error logs or console output. Use Ubuntu Paste or Pastebin. Don't clutter our thread with 200 line posts.
- If you need support. Search this thread. If no luck, post your problem, but please include either an apk / output / log.
fisha1, djdarkknight96, Gerard, rquiett, myn, nick1313, robm1911, Accidd, allyourbase, NCandiano, Noxious Ninja, Darkman_RS, XperienceD
apktool v1.5.2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1391
apktool v1.5.1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1180
apktool v1.5.1 PR3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1123
apktool v1.5.1 PR2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1084
apktool v1.5.1 PR1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=828
apktool v1.5.0 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=382
apktool v1.4.10 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=321
apktool v1.4.9 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=131
apktool v1.4.8 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=28