Originally Posted by Brut.all, Updated by iBotPeaches
It is a tool for reengineering 3rd party, closed, binary Android apps. It can decode resources to nearly original form and rebuild them after making some modifications; it makes possible to debug smali code step by step. Also it makes working with app easier because of project-like files structure and automation of some repetitive tasks like building apk, etc.
It is NOT intended for piracy and other non-legal uses. It could be used for localizing, adding some features or support for custom platforms and other GOOD purposes. Just try to be fair with authors of an app, that you use and probably like.
- decoding resources to nearly original form
- smali debugging: SmaliDebugging
- helping with some repetitive tasks
- Changelog: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/Changelog
- Bugs: http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/issues/list
- Downloads: https://code.google.com/p/android-ap...adInstructions
- Commits: https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/commits/master
- Help? FAQ? Wiki? http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/w/list
- #447 - Fixed bad cast of ResStringValue to ResAtr by handling ResStringValue correctly (Thanks whydoubt)
- #688 - Fixed issue with large windows and linux aapt binaries.
- #689 - Fixed issue with hard coding extension as PNG.
- #653 - Added Android Lollipop support.
- #706 - Added support for TYPE_DYNAMIC_REFERENCE.
Note - This changelog contains changes since 2.0.0 RC2. For full changes in 2.0.0 see here
(aapt is included in the binary as of 2.0.0)
- If you don't know the following terms (aapt, apk, java) - then please don't post in this thread.
- If you didn't install frameworks (see FrameworkFiles) - then do that first before asking.
- If you want to engage in developer discussions - then post here.
- If you want to thank someone or express gratitude - sure why not post here.
- If your building from source - do not post those snapshot builds in this thread as we mix builds and makes users confused.
- If you believe you've found a bug, I'd prefer you post here: Bug List - but I won't be mad if you post it in this thread.
- If you send me a PM about Apktool support, I will ignore it.
- If you post any stacktraces, error logs or console output. Use Ubuntu Paste or Pastebin. Don't clutter our thread with 200 line posts.
- If you need support. Search this thread. If no luck, post your problem, but please include either an apk / output / log.
fisha1, djdarkknight96, Gerard, rquiett, myn, nick1313, robm1911, Accidd, allyourbase, NCandiano, Noxious Ninja, Darkman_RS, XperienceD, Primokorn, muzicfreako
apktool v2.0.0 RC3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2547
apktool v2.0.0 RC2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2425
apktool v1.5.2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1391
apktool v1.5.1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1180
apktool v1.5.1 PR3 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1123
apktool v1.5.1 PR2 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1084
apktool v1.5.1 PR1 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=828
apktool v1.5.0 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=382
apktool v1.4.10 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=321
apktool v1.4.9 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=131
apktool v1.4.8 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=28