Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UPDATED][WIDGETS]WebSnap- Stick a website on your home screen in a SCROLLABLE widget

Tip us?

canhnv
Old
(Last edited by canhnv; 29th September 2012 at 12:39 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Default [UPDATED][WIDGETS]WebSnap- Stick a website on your home screen in a SCROLLABLE widget

WebSnap essentially lets you take a snapshot of any web page or part of a page and display it on your Android home screen with a refresh interval of your choice. This can come really handy for any news or sports story you are following, an online cam feed enjoy glancing at every now and then, or just about any piece of info from the interwebz that you want to keep an eye on. (Haroon Q. Raja)

After receiving several suggestions, the precious upgrade of WebSnap has just been introduced. From version 1.5, your desired functions are now available.

What is recent changes?

- Add scrollable widgets for your long web page. You can fling or scroll the widget to view the hidden part of the webpage (require launcher supporting scrollable widget or Android 3.x/4.x)

- Add option to show a notification on widget changes.

- Improve the widget snapshot quality. Much sharper and clearer widget snapshot than previous version

- Full-fill the snapshot to available widget space

- Add an option to set Screen column to fix snapshot stretch and shrink problems (especially with tablets)

- Support more update intervals: 12 hours, 24 hours

Main functions:
  1. Widget functions:

- Select a web region and clip it to put on the HomeScreen as a web widget. The clipped snapshot is auto updated so the information is kept updating for you without opening Browser.

- Support multi-options for adjusting the widget (interval, alignment, scale type, wifi only,....) as what you want

- Easy switching PC View/Mobile Layout

- Support scrollable widget
  2. App functions:

- Capture whole webpage as a high quality picture

- Capture a selected region on a webpage, eliminate unnecessary regions.

- Support capture webpage with zoom for very high resolution snapshot.

- Manage your snapshots.

Screenshots:

Tutorial video:

Download Now
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to canhnv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

canhnv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Support from Android version 2.3.x

canhnv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
- WebSnap widget automates updating the web information from your home screen

Paparasee
Old
Thanks Meter 160

DONATE TO ME
I was wondering if this works with aspx sites.

I am specifically referring to the site: http://www.muzaini.com/content/rate.aspx and from there clicking on "Asian & African Currencies". Want to get value of one of the currencies there.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) [4.4.2 INU]

Samsung Nexus S (i9020A) retired
ROM: Slim Bean [4.2.2] build 4 | Kernel: Marmite - ROM Default

canhnv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee View Post
I was wondering if this works with aspx sites.

I am specifically referring to the site: http://www.muzaini.com/content/rate.aspx and from there clicking on "Asian & African Currencies". Want to get value of one of the currencies there.
WebSnap supports any webpage but your page doesn't have a permanent link to the exchange rate. So you can't get its snapshot

anoneemooz
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by canhnv View Post
If you are searching for a Web Widget which not only show you a portion of website but also update its snapshot frequently, a new released application called WebSnap is beyond what you need.
Interesting app idea. Might give it a try! Thanks for the work and keep it up!
Transformer Prime TF201-CG 32GB + Dock
PERFECT out of the box!

ROM: Paranoid Android 3.99 (unofficial c/o Voyager2k)
Kernel: Data2SD

Samsung Note 2 N7100 16GB (White)

ROM: AOSB 1.2.8
Kernel:Stock

Retired (with brother): Samsung Galaxy S1 GT-i9000

Check out my tutorial for a setup for easier one handed operation on the Note 2 (or any phone!)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2068374

kurtfhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by canhnv View Post
If you are searching for a Web Widget which not only show you a portion of website but also update its snapshot frequently, a new released application called WebSnap is beyond what you need.

Main functions:
  1. Widget functions:

- Select a web region and clip it to put on the HomeScreen as a web widget. The clipped snapshot is auto updated so the information is kept updating for you without opening Browser.

- Support multi-options for adjusting the widget (interval, alignment, scale type, wifi only,....) as what you want

- Easy switching PC View/Mobile Layout

2. App functions:

- Capture whole webpage as a high quality picture

- Capture a selected region on a webpage, eliminate unnecessary regions.

- Support capture webpage with zoom for very high resolution snapshot.

- Manage your snapshots.

Screenshots:

Tutorial video:

Download Now
Thanks for this, its a great idea.

A bit of feedback though:

Why cant I use one of the snapshots I've captured in the homescreen widget? Or have I missed something?

Would it be possible to implement an easier way to expand a selection? I would like for instance to be able to select the first 10 topics in the Sensation Development Forum on XDA but the program only seems to allow me to capture one topic and if I expand further it captures the whole page which is then unreadable in the widget due to the tiny text.

I do appreciate its in beta still so you may already be looking at it.

If this becomes a paid for app I'll definitely pick it up.

All the best

antonio1475
Old
Thanks Meter 597
I'm trying to set a Gmail snap, but it says "Cookies are disabled in your browser".

Does this have a fix?

EDIT: And Facebook won't load neither...

Thanks, looks great

ricosuavez35
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default looks very nice

this looks awesome hope its easier to manage than the other one i tried(cant remember the name)
anyway i will test it and give you some feedback ...
asta la vista
The Following User Says Thank You to ricosuavez35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

am11
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Excellent concept.

When I try snapping http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/ or http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/prayer I get Web page not available. I tried it with PC mode on and off and java script enabled.

The Following User Says Thank You to am11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]