OP medicjunKie

15th February 2013, 03:25 PM   |  #4521  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270

1,043 posts
Re: LG myTouch [e739] Development
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetiger_0603

I'm patient. I'd prefer an IDK than no answer at all. Or it can be something we all work together on to try and figure out. My palms are itching for the Nexus 4 now so IF my husband lets me score it, I might try my hand at some of the more complex stuff with this phone. And if not..sell it off to someone who can. So far I've seen apps that can make flashable update.zip files for backing up your user apps. Imma give it a shot and see how it goes. Let you guys know later. unless anyone else has already tried and would care to share their experience.

You're better off making your own flashable zip and your own update script than using a tool.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
15th February 2013, 09:01 PM   |  #4522  
Flag green bay wi
Thanks Meter: 56

779 posts
More
I'm still on stock does anyone have a working link to a overclock kernel for it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda app-developers app
15th February 2013, 10:34 PM   |  #4523  
Boutte, LA
Thanks Meter: 20

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryEmotionz

You want a flashable zip. Just take any of the romzips you see n extract it on your PC. Look at the folder structure then to read the update script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicjunKie

You're better off making your own flashable zip and your own update script than using a tool.

Yeah I get to the Update script but i just can't figure out what needs to be edited there. So many different tuts have different formats. Confusing to say the least.
Medic, you're right, I tried the tool from the play store. Not working very well. But it is in alpha mode and the dev did say it was still a work in progress. So no big there. It was worth a try.
15th February 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #4524  
Flag Massachussets
Thanks Meter: 1,935

5,549 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah I get to the Update script but i just can't figure out what needs to be edited there. So many different tuts have different formats. Confusing to say the least.
Medic, you're right, I tried the tool from the play store. Not working very well. But it is in alpha mode and the dev did say it was still a work in progress. So no big there. It was worth a try.

If you use a rom script for r phone you don't need to edit anything unless you want to add data

16th February 2013, 02:46 AM   |  #4525  
Thanks Meter: 34

96 posts
Medicjunkie, it is possible for you to consolidate some of the how-tos in your OP? I know there's a search function but since we don't have a forum and there are 453 pages on this one, it's a bitch to look for certain tutorial some times. I don't need anything now but it was pretty messy to look for how to update kdz or fix usb mass storage last week. Just a suggestion. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolftou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2013, 03:08 AM   |  #4526  
Boutte, LA

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryEmotionz

If you use a rom script for r phone you don't need to edit anything unless you want to add data

So..say I take the script from Paranoid...I can put it into my stock Rom I backed up, and that "should" do the trick for making it flashable? Guess I can give it a try. Most I'll do is brick right? lol!

Another question..and i'll do the search for it anyhow, but has anyone heard of a stock radio made flashable? We may have covered this before but I just don't remember. I want the Nexus 4...like NEEEED IT. But I'm reading up on it and finding out that, though it has the hardware to do it, Google didn't mean for it to support LTE, though it can be used by forcing it through settings. Now, with the 4.2.2 update, that ability to force LTE usage was removed. I've read some people make the suggestion of flashing the 4.2.1 radio, So that's why i ask. My husband and i plan on switching to ATT soon cause T-Mo can't get their **** straight with our high speed in our area. But getting this phone on ATT would make everything moot if I can't use LTE.
16th February 2013, 04:28 AM   |  #4527  
OP Senior Member

1,043 posts
Hmm, making a update-script is easy.
Just open one up, study the commands and that shiz. They're pretty self explanatory.

I wouldn't really, take the Paranoid script and put it in a random zip.

I have a link to a tut for script editing and all, I'll post it when I can cause I don't have it at hand.

16th February 2013, 04:36 AM   |  #4528  
OP Senior Member

1,043 posts
Quote:

So..say I take the script from Paranoid...I can put it into my stock Rom I backed up, and that "should" do the trick for making it flashable? Guess I can give it a try. Most I'll do is brick right? lol!

Another question..and i'll do the search for it anyhow, but has anyone heard of a stock radio made flashable? We may have covered this before but I just don't remember. I want the Nexus 4...like NEEEED IT. But I'm reading up on it and finding out that, though it has the hardware to do it, Google didn't mean for it to support LTE, though it can be used by forcing it through settings. Now, with the 4.2.2 update, that ability to force LTE usage was removed. I've read some people make the suggestion of flashing the 4.2.1 radio, So that's why i ask. My husband and i plan on switching to ATT soon cause T-Mo can't get their **** straight with our high speed in our area. But getting this phone on ATT would make everything moot if I can't use LTE.

And your little pity story of you wanting the Nexus was necessary because,.?

16th February 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #4529  
Boutte, LA

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicjunKie

Hmm, making a update-script is easy.
Just open one up, study the commands and that shiz. They're pretty self explanatory.

I wouldn't really, take the Paranoid script and put it in a random zip.

I have a link to a tut for script editing and all, I'll post it when I can cause I don't have it at hand.

Wait... what about using Mysterys Stock+? And I'd appreciate the tut Medic.

Sent from my Paranoid Pony run LGE739.
16th February 2013, 05:11 AM   |  #4530  
Flag Massachussets
Thanks Meter: 1,935

5,549 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wait... what about using Mysterys Stock+? And I'd appreciate the tut Medic.

Sent from my Paranoid Pony run LGE739.

That script would be perfect cause I have the lines to flash to data in there. All you would have to for is add your system n data folders n boot.img from your backup

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread