I'm owning A TF300TG model and I recently tried to flash one of the ROMS referrenced on those forums and by doing so I found out that my tablet had lost the 3G features so I had to flash back the Asus stock ROM to get it back.
Since I saw many of you got trouble reinstalling the stock ROM, I decided to write a quick guide on how to do it so everyone could get their tablet fully working again
Note: For the record, when I did the following operations, I already had unlocked the bootloader and installed the CWM recovery.
By following this guide, you will have to issue commands that risk to damage (aka. brick) your tablet or at least void your warranty. I won't be responsible for any damage made to your device. You've been warned.
- Download the stock ROM zip file on Asus website (current version is [WW | TW]_epaduser9_4_4_28_1UpdateLauncher.zip) for the TF300TG tablet. Be sure to download the firmware matching your SKU.
- Unzip the downloaded file, you will get another archive called , unzip this one too
- You should end up with several file, with one of them called blob
- For the next step, you will need to install the Android SDK to get the fastboot utility. If you do not know how to use fastboot, you should take a look at this guide.
- Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
- Open a command line terminal and navigate to the folder containing the blob file.
- Then type the following command:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
- For some reason, the transfer seems to fail from time to time, if so, just try again by going back to previous step.
- Once the transfer is done and you get that sweet "SUCCESS" printed on your screen, just type the following command to reboot your tablet:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
And there you have ! You are now back to stock ROM with fully working 3G