Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TF300TG][Guide] Flashing back the original stock ROM

Tip us?

Auliyaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [TF300TG][Guide] Flashing back the original stock ROM

Hi everyone,

I'm owning A TF300TG model and I recently tried to flash one of the ROMS referrenced on those forums and by doing so I found out that my tablet had lost the 3G features so I had to flash back the Asus stock ROM to get it back.

Since I saw many of you got trouble reinstalling the stock ROM, I decided to write a quick guide on how to do it so everyone could get their tablet fully working again

Note: For the record, when I did the following operations, I already had unlocked the bootloader and installed the CWM recovery.

Quote:
Disclaimer:
By following this guide, you will have to issue commands that risk to damage (aka. brick) your tablet or at least void your warranty. I won't be responsible for any damage made to your device. You've been warned.
  1. Download the stock ROM zip file on Asus website (current version is [WW | TW]_epaduser9_4_4_28_1UpdateLauncher.zip) for the TF300TG tablet. Be sure to download the firmware matching your SKU.
  2. Unzip the downloaded file, you will get another archive called , unzip this one too
  3. You should end up with several file, with one of them called blob
  4. For the next step, you will need to install the Android SDK to get the fastboot utility. If you do not know how to use fastboot, you should take a look at this guide.
  5. Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
  6. Open a command line terminal and navigate to the folder containing the blob file.
  7. Then type the following command:
    Quote:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
  8. For some reason, the transfer seems to fail from time to time, if so, just try again by going back to previous step.
  9. Once the transfer is done and you get that sweet "SUCCESS" printed on your screen, just type the following command to reboot your tablet:
    Quote:
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

And there you have ! You are now back to stock ROM with fully working 3G
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Auliyaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZaJules
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Thanks a lot for this, I found these instructions on Wolf's thread but wasnt sure it would work with our devices, Thanks for taking the first big step.

Questions.
1. Does this wipe your data?
2. Does CWM still work after?
Retired Devices:
Wallaby - Blue Angel - Magician - Wizard - Universal - Hermes - Kaiser - Nike - Athena - Diamond - Rose - Raphael - Shift - Leo - Rhodium - (iPhone4) - Galaxy SIII - Galaxy 10.1v Tab - (iPhone 4S) - Acer Iconia A501 Tab - Asus Transformer TF300TG/T Tabs - Coby Kyros 7" - Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T Tab

Current Devices:
Galaxy S5 + Gear 2
Lenovo Think Pad
(iPad2)
(iPhone 5S)

Auliyaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
AFAIK, this will wipe your data, remove CWM and uninstall root. Your device's bootloader will still stay unlocked though.

You will have to flash CWM back using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1668173

ZaJules
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Hi, followed the steps but it didnt work for me

Fastboot copies the file but after when it tries to flash it gives an error

sending 'system' (796653 KB)...
OKAY [137.443s]
writing 'system'...
FAILED (remote: ()
finished. total time: 138.477s

The Tab shows
Failed to process command flash:system error(0x170003)

The progress bar is showing under the USB logo with 1% blue, after hold power down I'm back into Onyx Rom

Any Thoughts?
Retired Devices:
Wallaby - Blue Angel - Magician - Wizard - Universal - Hermes - Kaiser - Nike - Athena - Diamond - Rose - Raphael - Shift - Leo - Rhodium - (iPhone4) - Galaxy SIII - Galaxy 10.1v Tab - (iPhone 4S) - Acer Iconia A501 Tab - Asus Transformer TF300TG/T Tabs - Coby Kyros 7" - Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T Tab

Current Devices:
Galaxy S5 + Gear 2
Lenovo Think Pad
(iPad2)
(iPhone 5S)

Auliyaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
I had the same problem and I just issued the same command a second time and it worked just fine

Try to format your /system (under the mounts and storage option) from CWM and wipe data and cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to Auliyaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZaJules
Old
Thanks Meter 59
2nd time a charm!

Worked fine the second time i ran the command,
Im back to stock again

I will wait for a 3G friendly Rom before flashing again

Thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auliyaa View Post
AFAIK, this will wipe your data, remove CWM and uninstall root. Your device's bootloader will still stay unlocked though.

You will have to flash CWM back using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1668173

Yip Sends you back to total stock
Stock Recovery
Stock Rom
only thing that sticks is Unlocked Bootloader
Retired Devices:

Current Devices:
Galaxy S5 + Gear 2
Lenovo Think Pad
(iPad2)
(iPhone 5S)
The Following User Says Thank You to ZaJules For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roblach
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks a million. This worked for me as well after 2 tries. Saved my $400!

JezzAU
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks heaps for this

I ended up in trouble when I flashed the TF300T firmware by mistake. It kept freezing and rebooting on me after that little stuff up.
Anyhow before I did that I made a backup with CWM, and after I restored it my 3G was gone but everything else worked fine.
Manual updates were failed though and they still do. At least I have my 3G back

So this method would probably work for upgrading to .40 as well, but it means a complete datawipe!
I'm sure there are many of us in the same boat now. I guess we will just have to wait and hope that some kind person makes a recovery image for the TF300TG?

VicRC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I'm owning A TF300TG model and I recently tried to flash one of the ROMS referrenced on those forums and by doing so I found out that my tablet had lost the 3G features so I had to flash back the Asus stock ROM to get it back.

Since I saw many of you got trouble reinstalling the stock ROM, I decided to write a quick guide on how to do it so everyone could get their tablet fully working again

Note: For the record, when I did the following operations, I already had unlocked the bootloader and installed the CWM recovery.

1. Download the stock ROM zip file on Asus website (current version is [WW | TW]_epaduser9_4_4_28_1UpdateLauncher.zip) for the TF300TG tablet. Be sure to download the firmware matching your SKU.
  2. Unzip the downloaded file, you will get another archive called , unzip this one too
  3. You should end up with several file, with one of them called blob
  4. For the next step, you will need to install the Android SDK to get the fastboot utility. If you do not know how to use fastboot, you should take a look at this guide.
  5. Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
  6. Open a command line terminal and navigate to the folder containing the blob file.
  7. Then type the following command:
  8. For some reason, the transfer seems to fail from time to time, if so, just try again by going back to previous step.
  9. Once the transfer is done and you get that sweet "SUCCESS" printed on your screen, just type the following command to reboot your tablet:

And there you have ! You are now back to stock ROM with fully working 3G

I got a question, i had problems with the touch since the last update, so i want to go back to the original, so my question is to perform this do i have to have the bootloader unlocked?

Ashcunak
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Hi everyone,
[*] Once you have installed fastboot, boot your tablet into fastboot mode (Plugin your tablet on your computer's USB, Hold down Power+VolDown, dont press VolUp when prompted, select the USB icon and press VolUp)
Hi, any idea why i dont have this 'USB icon' ?? i have 'wipe data' and an android icon that performs a cold boot.