[Guide][HOW TO]Install a GNU/Linux and tools to make Custom ROMs

Search This thread

danieldmm

Dec 18, 2008
France
HOW to install a distribution of GNU/Linux and configure the necessary tools for the development of ROMs

Autores: TugaPower aka danieldmm e porfirio

Firstly, it is important to say that GNU/Linux is open source software / free, robust, reliable, free and easy installation for any user, even if you have few computer skills.

There are dozens of distributions of GNU/Linux, all available free at: http://distrowatch.com/, so choose that of your choice and according to the hardware capabilities of the machine will be installed where the distribution chosen by you.

The choice of authors this "HOWTO" is based on the distribution of GNU/Linux, Ubuntu 11.10, with the XFCE desktop environment and also the GNOME desktop environment. This is abolished by default the manager's main Gnome desktop environment and in its place put XFCE, to perform the daily tasks of work, which is very lightweight and fast. Or if they want to be more direct, Xubuntu and will soon install from scratch, which will get the same results. Personally, I'm a fan of this graphical environment (XFCE), attending to its lightness, speed, customization, etc..

What will be explained in this HOWTO:

1. Install Ubuntu or any other distribution, such as: Xubuntu, manager native XFCE desktop environment, Kubuntu, manager native KDE graphical environment; Lubuntu, manager native LXDE graphical environment, which uses less hardware resources on the machine all present in this work. Basically, we are always talking about Ubuntu, what changes is only the GUI (Graphic User Interface), where the user goes to work.

2. The process of installation and basic configuration for any of these variants, it is always the same.

3. Do not expect to find in this work, the whole process complete installation and configuration. Only the main roads and where possible, with visual aids. However there are situations so redundant, that does not need that same help. Not the purposes of this HOWTO, other possible configurations, eg setup SAMBA, APACHE, a home FTP server, desktop, etc..

4. Let's begin as follows:

4.1 Installing Ubuntu on dual boot with WIndows 7 via USB Universal Installer;

4.2 From the field 16 is a normal installation via live DVD of Ubuntu (Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Lubuntu).

4.3 Installing and configuring the basic tools for the development of ROMs for the Android operating system (smartphones) on GNU/Linux.

4.4 Some illustrative examples of these tools in place to obtain "cooked," ready to use for users.

GETTING STARTED

1. Installing Ubuntu on dual boot with WIndows 7 via USB Universal Installer.

1.1 To start this process, you must be made to download an image of the Ubuntu operating system for the machine architecture, or x86 (for CPU 36 bit) or x64 (for 64-bit CPUs).

1.1.1 However, this day, there is some controversy on this subject. Some say that if the machine has 4GB of RAM or more, we always use the 64 bit version, even if the CPU is x86 and also say that if the machine has less than 4GB of RAM, we use the 32 bit version regardless of the CPU is x36 or x64.
NOTE: Rarely, modern computers, whether desktops, laptops, at least have at least 4GB of RAM standard. However, do not relinquish that each CPU (x86 or x64), must have the OS corresponding to your architecture. Therefore it is up to each one choose the best option.

2. ISO Images
2.1 Ubuntu 02.01 11.10 (32bit)
2.2 Ubuntu 02.02 11.10 (64bit)

3.Universal USB Installer

3.1 Now we do download the appropriate version of the distribution, we will have to download the USB Installer: www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/
But what is the purpose of this installation process?

3.2 Firstly, we can be a machine, you have not installed a drive read / write CD / DVD.

3.3 Secondly, avoid using a CD or DVD drive for installation.

4. Run the USB Installer, as Administrator of the OS and this not to happen errors during the copy of the OS to the thumb drive. This procedure is performed as follows:
- Click on the icon of the program with the button on the right mouse button and select Run as Administrator option.

5. After installing the USB Installer, run the program and click on I Agree.
M1wUf.jpg

6. Now we set the distribution of GNU/Linux, we will be using. I choose Ubuntu 11.10.
S15cK.jpg

7. Now calm down! I hope you remember where it was saved the iso image of Ubuntu! Only then will the USB Installer will be able to recognize and perform the installation on the pen drive. Will normally be in downloads.
qAJk2.jpg

LnAxu.jpg

8. Insert the flash drive and expect it to be recognized by Windows. In this case explanation, their location is in F.
Ob258.jpg

9. At this point, we select the Format F: Drive to FAT32.
NOTE: If you wish, can create a little more memory to the pen, in case it is likely to change. This is an optional. If your interest, as it is put in the picture.
Now we have everything configured properly, we will click Creat.
Y2XRa.jpg

10. At this point you will get a WARNING message. All contents of pen drive will be erased. Click YES and continue.
gXttd.jpg

11. Now it is time for a coffee, etc., etc. and wait for the installation process to complete. After this step, we will be ready for installation on the computer distribution.

11.1 While the above task does not end, we can and must perform other actions, such as creating a partition for the Ubuntu operating system.

11.2 Let's Start Menu;

11.3 Clicking the right-click Computer and then Manage;

11.4 Now on the left menu, click Disk Manager;
w6mI4.jpg

Arrived here, the C partition, let's click and select Shrink Volume.

12. Let us wait quietly, and very soon we will be faced with the option to reduce the partition chosen. For a minimal installation of Ubuntu, will require approximately 10 GB. However, if we want to later install the updates, music, videos, etc. ... recommend 25 GB. To be closer to the 25GB, 26GB put!
Roh6U.jpg

13. The next step is to reduce and click new partition will be marked in black. We will then activate this partition:

13.1 Click on the partition, with the right mouse button and select New Simple Volume.

13.2 Click Next> Next> and choose a letter to the new drive (eg U).

13.3 Now let's change the Volume Label. Put Ubuntu.

13.4 Next Run. We have created the partition and active.
NOTE: Wait now that Universal USB Installer program in the following screen appears indicating that the installation was completed and then click Close.
NSF4F.jpg

14. Restart the computer.

15. Immediately press F12 and select USB stick and then press ENTER.

15.1 will appear something like this:
TkvSe.png

Calm ..... very quiet .... Choose the option Install Ubuntu on a Hard Disk.

16. Now it is like to install via DVD, which I dispense to comment on "How to install Ubuntu 11.10 per DVD." See 4.2 The field from the field 16 is a normal installation of Ubuntu live via DVD.

16.1 After appearing Choose Setup Language, Portuguese choose and click Next. (You pick the language that you anderstand)
Fr9fu.jpg

Preferably, you must have a fast Internet connection, so that the OS be upgraded soon. In the situation of not being currently available internet connection, do not put the "seen". No problem your installation will proceed smoothly. You can do it later.
IR6gY.jpg

17. Then will click on: One more thing, in order to choose the partition for installation.
2BHjZ.jpg

18. CAUTION ... CAUTION!

18.1 In this field, we have all the possible CARE! The Windows partition can die!

18.2 Should be selected before the partition created in Windows (which is named Ubuntu), and then click Modify. After selecting the partition that was created on Windows (Ubuntu). In the new partition size, and put 21,000 Mount Point select /. After running OK.
wdiKu.jpg

The aspect should be this:
NxunI.jpg

19. Now let us take the remaining space in the example 1490MB. Click Modify, and followed by the option Use as we choose and swap area and click OK.
2awqk.jpg

It should be something like this:
GIjQ3.jpg

20. Next, click Install Now and wait ......

21. Choose the location of the user:
f45Ax.jpg

22. Now the installation of the default keyboard ....
GmdkC.jpg

23. Enter personal information and click Continue.

24. Installation completed. Reboot the PC.
GP4ve.jpg

25. And Behold .....
Choose from the boot menu option Ubuntu .... There is also the option Windows ... Choose!

26. I chose .... Ubuntu with the Gnome GUI!
odgKv.jpg

7. There is a method, also very reliable, to expedite this process, but directed to Mint distribution, which can be obtained here: community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/744

NOTE: TugaPower friend and colleague, will use the Mint 12 in the process of compiling ROMs. (In this case S2 i9100 ROM 4.0.3 ICS)
Version used: Linux Mint x64 12 vKDE
Download Links: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1927

4.3 Installing and configuring the basic tools for the development of ROMs for the Android operating system (smartphones) on GNU / Linux.

4.3.1 Installing the JAVA
Open the Synaptic package manager and install the openjdk-7-jdk and mark their dependencies:
6iu4b.png

Approval for the changes made​​:
RMgCV.png

Download the required files:
sXCyy.png

Installation of the necessary files and OpenJDK 7:
EQ00f.png

Now we have to install JAVA on the machine fully realized, we will proceed to their inspection.
To do so open the command line terminal to write the following command: java-version
IjglQ.png

4.3.2 Check if the package is installed 7zip more specifically p7zip-full, if not select for installation:
PGRII.png

Once this is done we can then proceed with the installation of the Kitchen.

4.4 Installing the Kitchen

4.4.1 Initial Procedures
All information to carry out this section were collected on: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5626292#post5626292

Therefore, our choice falls on dsixda Android's Kitchen (Support Several devices)
(The Custom ROM made in this Guide its based to the Galaxy S2 i9100)
Download link of Kitchen: http://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen/archives/master
MhNL7.png

Informational Page on Kitchen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5626292#post5626292
grt1x.png

After these preliminary procedures have been performed, we proceed to next steps.

By default, you will be allocated in the Downloads folder files.

4.4.2 Click on the file up with the right button of mouse and perform the extraction of the file to the Downloads folder:
y3S0L.png

4.4.3 Change the file name for kitchen (it's easier to work).

4.4.3.1 Move or Copy to folder or Personal Home:
FRAkM.png

They should stick with a structure like this:
nUWLj.png

4.5 Perform download the ROM Stock

NOTE: I personally recommend two sites:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278
1NtXp.png

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9100&r=1#regional
7WzVC.png

Download the ROM to be used in Kitchen, in this case we use the XDA, specifically the XWLP7:
NOTE: The screenshot references XWLP4 because at that time had not XWLP7
8EVNe.png

4.5.1 Download the kernel corresponding CF-root (This way remains CWM Recovery Busybox and SuperUser GB, if ICS SuperSU depends the kernel used to cook the ROM.

4.5.2 Download the kernels on CF-root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399
NOTE: This case will be used the latest available to ICS, the CF-root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPS-v5.4-CWM5.zip
NOTE: It is already available in the XDA KERNEL CF ROOT XWLP7.
8MmO8.png

4.5.3 Copy the file from the ROM inside the Kitchen to the folder original_update
tBT8Z.png

4.5.3.1 If the file is in the form *******. Tar.md5 have to remove the. Md5 so that it only ********. Tar

After these steps have been made ​​in all its fullness, then we have all the necessary files to start our cooked :)

4.5.4 Some illustrative examples of these tools in place to obtain "cooked," ready to use for users.

4.5.4.1 In order to run our furnace we have run the Kitchen in a command line also known as terminal or console, for it will open a command prompt within the folder Kitchen:
pDKWL.png

In order to execute the Kitchen just run the following command as root sudo. / Menu in the terminal:

tSU0f.png

IQpzh.png

6. First thing to do is point 1 or set a folder where we work. In this process the Kitchen will get to select and give the stock ROM original_update previously placed in the folder, simply enter the next screen and then select the ROM list:
XLJmv.png

Therefore, we select the first option because we only have a ROM in the kitchen, so just to enter a default because it's one :)

6.1 In the kitchen will then ask if we want to keep the name.
This name stock is organized as follows: WORKING_DATA_HORA, this can be changed to whatever you want, the only thing required is to keep the WORKING_

In this case I press the button to change the name ye WORKING_XWLP7_TugaPower:

oxWyW.png

To continue then just press Enter.

7. The kitchen will start the process of extracting the file from the ROM to the folder with the name we gave earlier WORKING_ ********
tMek5.png

In this process we have to decide if we want to use the CSC (NET configuration and applications) that are included with the Stock ROM or NO.
By default this is set to YES (y) ...

Thus, we can, because the Kitchen gives the following list of apks existing CSC and if we add the folder WORKING_ *****

Remember that in most cases, there is no problem in using the CSC Stock ROM, just advise not to use the apks the CSC because they are essentially propaganda NETWORK, which can be set to follow in the next menu to the Kitchen already well default to not add the apks:
sHgs8.png

Ready to the next step?

8. After the CSC will appear in the information regarding the boot.img, here we select the letter n because for the effect of Custom ROM do not need!
qEEoO.png

9. Then will come the question if we want to see information about the ROM.
This option is your choice will; default is Y. I personally put n. Now let's return back to the first screen which means that the necessary files are all ready ....
mlv64.png

10. In this field, you may want to check whether there is a need to use option 2 and 3.

10.1 In the case of using the KERNEL Stock are advised to do option 2 and 3.
If the kernel you are going to use is for example the CF ROOT or any other that already have root then there is necessary to make the option 1 and 2.

10.2 In this case I will use the CF KERNEL, we will open the zip file of CF ROOT Kernel, find a file ****.tar, opening the file we find the zImage (KERNEL), selecting the zImage we proceed to the extraction process to the working folder of the Kitchen, in this case to the folder: Working_XWLP7_TugaPower
c7eCE.png

bBsGx.png

A new window will appear saying that the file already exists, just select and replace the existing ...

11. We will now switch to the Kitchen 7. Kitchen is a default to NO WIPE ROM, option 7 serves to change this ...

12. In this case I do WIPE version, you just will access option 7 in the next field and put y:
N0Q0U.png

N0Q0U.png

12.1 This procedure will eventually lead back to the main menu of the Kitchen. Now we have to think whether we want a ROM or deodexed ODEXED Stock ...

12.2 If we use a version ODEXED we can switch to the option 99 which will be explained below, because I'll use this version deodexed and before passing the option will be option 0 99: ADVANCED OPTIONS
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XtfZp.png[/IMG]

13. Here I select option 11 to deodexed ROM:

13.1 Now we need one more aspect to consider: what kind of ROM, if GB or ICS.
In this case as I am using a ROM ICS will change the level of API's Kitchen and they default to GB, so I'll use the v

Fr5tM.png

14. Then I confirm that I change the level of the API key y.
In this case I set the API level to 15 which corresponds ROM will be concerned that I'm using ICS 4.0.3:
wOJfJ.png

14.1. Now set the API, I will proceed to the DEODEX ROM for option b, which is advised, because this way, will deodexed the system / app and system / framework.

15. Will be asked if you want a log deodex, this is your charge, if you put y, a file will be created in the root folder of the Kitchen with Deodex process, this log can be used to screen for possible errors that occur in deodexed; I always use the log file because the design is not great and always give way if there are problems in deodexed.
129JL.png

16. After this step made ​​the Kitchen will carry out the relevant technical Deodexed ROM:
rgPeo.png

17. Now just wait, if you can go for a coffee or a cigarette because it still takes a bit if they do not get any errors and the process goes well deodexed will be presented the following screen:
zqqOT.png

18. Pressing the Enter, go to the submenu of Kitchen Advanced Menu.

We will then press 0 to return to the main Kitchen; next step we change the name of the build of the ROM (this information that appears in the menu on the About the Phone.

18.1 For this press the key 8 from the Main Menu of the Kitchen, in which case I will change to XWLP7 Stock by TugaPower:
http://i.imgur.com/I6ZXw.png[IMG]

19. Press Enter, then we will change back to the Main Menu Kitchen, now is the time better, create CWM zip file for flashing the ROM :)

19.1 For this we will then press the Option 99:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eYhj4.png

NOTE: Because you are beginning to learn how to make Custom ROMs recommend the first option which is already the default and that the Kitchen, then just do enter in the respective options that appear to the end:
D60OO.png

suXfc.png

Until we reach the end of file creation can change the name of it, this is the last question that makes the kitchen:

OGcKp.png

Done this you can find the ROM inside the OUTPUT folder in the Kitchen ...
You only need to copy to the memory of the phone and make the flash.

Have a good cooked and good flash

ROM that was created in TUTU --->
XWLP7 Stock By TugaPower

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW to install a distribution of GNU/Linux and configure the necessary tools for the development of ROMs

Autores: TugaPower aka danieldmm e porfirio

Firstly, it is important to say that GNU/Linux is open source software / free, robust, reliable, free and easy installation for any user, even if you have few computer skills.

There are dozens of distributions of GNU/Linux, all available free at: http://distrowatch.com/, so choose that of your choice and according to the hardware capabilities of the machine will be installed where the distribution chosen by you.

The choice of authors this "HOWTO" is based on the distribution of GNU/Linux, Ubuntu 11.10, with the XFCE desktop environment and also the GNOME desktop environment. This is abolished by default the manager's main Gnome desktop environment and in its place put XFCE, to perform the daily tasks of work, which is very lightweight and fast. Or if they want to be more direct, Xubuntu and will soon install from scratch, which will get the same results. Personally, I'm a fan of this graphical environment (XFCE), attending to its lightness, speed, customization, etc..

What will be explained in this HOWTO:

1. Install Ubuntu or any other distribution, such as: Xubuntu, manager native XFCE desktop environment, Kubuntu, manager native KDE graphical environment; Lubuntu, manager native LXDE graphical environment, which uses less hardware resources on the machine all present in this work. Basically, we are always talking about Ubuntu, what changes is only the GUI (Graphic User Interface), where the user goes to work.

2. The process of installation and basic configuration for any of these variants, it is always the same.

3. Do not expect to find in this work, the whole process complete installation and configuration. Only the main roads and where possible, with visual aids. However there are situations so redundant, that does not need that same help. Not the purposes of this HOWTO, other possible configurations, eg setup SAMBA, APACHE, a home FTP server, desktop, etc..

4. Let's begin as follows:

4.1 Installing Ubuntu on dual boot with WIndows 7 via USB Universal Installer;

4.2 From the field 16 is a normal installation via live DVD of Ubuntu (Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Lubuntu).

4.3 Installing and configuring the basic tools for the development of ROMs for the Android operating system (smartphones) on GNU/Linux.

4.4 Some illustrative examples of these tools in place to obtain "cooked," ready to use for users.

GETTING STARTED

1. Installing Ubuntu on dual boot with WIndows 7 via USB Universal Installer.

1.1 To start this process, you must be made to download an image of the Ubuntu operating system for the machine architecture, or x86 (for CPU 36 bit) or x64 (for 64-bit CPUs).

1.1.1 However, this day, there is some controversy on this subject. Some say that if the machine has 4GB of RAM or more, we always use the 64 bit version, even if the CPU is x86 and also say that if the machine has less than 4GB of RAM, we use the 32 bit version regardless of the CPU is x36 or x64.
    NOTE: Rarely, modern computers, whether desktops, laptops, at least have at least 4GB of RAM standard. However, do not relinquish that each CPU (x86 or x64), must have the OS corresponding to your architecture. Therefore it is up to each one choose the best option.

2. ISO Images
    2.1 Ubuntu 02.01 11.10 (32bit)
    2.2 Ubuntu 02.02 11.10 (64bit)

3.Universal USB Installer

3.1 Now we do download the appropriate version of the distribution, we will have to download the USB Installer: www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/
    But what is the purpose of this installation process?

3.2 Firstly, we can be a machine, you have not installed a drive read / write CD / DVD.

3.3 Secondly, avoid using a CD or DVD drive for installation.

4. Run the USB Installer, as Administrator of the OS and this not to happen errors during the copy of the OS to the thumb drive. This procedure is performed as follows:
    - Click on the icon of the program with the button on the right mouse button and select Run as Administrator option.

5. After installing the USB Installer, run the program and click on I Agree.
    M1wUf.jpg

6. Now we set the distribution of GNU/Linux, we will be using. I choose Ubuntu 11.10.
    S15cK.jpg

7. Now calm down! I hope you remember where it was saved the iso image of Ubuntu! Only then will the USB Installer will be able to recognize and perform the installation on the pen drive. Will normally be in downloads.
    qAJk2.jpg

LnAxu.jpg

8. Insert the flash drive and expect it to be recognized by Windows. In this case explanation, their location is in F.
    Ob258.jpg

9. At this point, we select the Format F: Drive to FAT32.
    NOTE: If you wish, can create a little more memory to the pen, in case it is likely to change. This is an optional. If your interest, as it is put in the picture.
    Now we have everything configured properly, we will click Creat.
    Y2XRa.jpg

10. At this point you will get a WARNING message. All contents of pen drive will be erased. Click YES and continue.
    gXttd.jpg

11. Now it is time for a coffee, etc., etc. and wait for the installation process to complete. After this step, we will be ready for installation on the computer distribution.

11.1 While the above task does not end, we can and must perform other actions, such as creating a partition for the Ubuntu operating system.

11.2 Let's Start Menu;

11.3 Clicking the right-click Computer and then Manage;

11.4 Now on the left menu, click Disk Manager;
    w6mI4.jpg

Arrived here, the C partition, let's click and select Shrink Volume.

12. Let us wait quietly, and very soon we will be faced with the option to reduce the partition chosen. For a minimal installation of Ubuntu, will require approximately 10 GB. However, if we want to later install the updates, music, videos, etc. ... recommend 25 GB. To be closer to the 25GB, 26GB put!
    Roh6U.jpg

13. The next step is to reduce and click new partition will be marked in black. We will then activate this partition:

13.1 Click on the partition, with the right mouse button and select New Simple Volume.

13.2 Click Next> Next> and choose a letter to the new drive (eg U).

13.3 Now let's change the Volume Label. Put Ubuntu.

13.4 Next Run. We have created the partition and active.
    NOTE: Wait now that Universal USB Installer program in the following screen appears indicating that the installation was completed and then click Close.
    NSF4F.jpg

14. Restart the computer.

15. Immediately press F12 and select USB stick and then press ENTER.

15.1 will appear something like this:
    TkvSe.png

Calm ..... very quiet .... Choose the option Install Ubuntu on a Hard Disk.

16. Now it is like to install via DVD, which I dispense to comment on "How to install Ubuntu 11.10 per DVD." See 4.2 The field from the field 16 is a normal installation of Ubuntu live via DVD.

16.1 After appearing Choose Setup Language, Portuguese choose and click Next. (You pick the language that you anderstand)
    Fr9fu.jpg

Preferably, you must have a fast Internet connection, so that the OS be upgraded soon. In the situation of not being currently available internet connection, do not put the "seen". No problem your installation will proceed smoothly. You can do it later.
    IR6gY.jpg

17. Then will click on: One more thing, in order to choose the partition for installation.
    2BHjZ.jpg

18. CAUTION ... CAUTION!

18.1 In this field, we have all the possible CARE! The Windows partition can die!

18.2 Should be selected before the partition created in Windows (which is named Ubuntu), and then click Modify. After selecting the partition that was created on Windows (Ubuntu). In the new partition size, and put 21,000 Mount Point select /. After running OK.
    wdiKu.jpg

The aspect should be this:
    NxunI.jpg

19. Now let us take the remaining space in the example 1490MB. Click Modify, and followed by the option Use as we choose and swap area and click OK.
    2awqk.jpg

It should be something like this:
    GIjQ3.jpg

20. Next, click Install Now and wait ......

21. Choose the location of the user:
    f45Ax.jpg

22. Now the installation of the default keyboard ....
    GmdkC.jpg

23. Enter personal information and click Continue.

24. Installation completed. Reboot the PC.
    GP4ve.jpg

25. And Behold .....
    Choose from the boot menu option Ubuntu .... There is also the option Windows ... Choose!

26. I chose .... Ubuntu with the Gnome GUI!
    odgKv.jpg

7. There is a method, also very reliable, to expedite this process, but directed to Mint distribution, which can be obtained here: community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/744

NOTE: TugaPower friend and colleague, will use the Mint 12 in the process of compiling ROMs. (In this case S2 i9100 ROM 4.0.3 ICS)
    Version used: Linux Mint x64 12 vKDE
    Download Links: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1927

4.3 Installing and configuring the basic tools for the development of ROMs for the Android operating system (smartphones) on GNU / Linux.

4.3.1 Installing the JAVA
    Open the Synaptic package manager and install the openjdk-7-jdk and mark their dependencies:
    6iu4b.png

Approval for the changes made​​:
    RMgCV.png

Download the required files:
    sXCyy.png

Installation of the necessary files and OpenJDK 7:
    EQ00f.png

Now we have to install JAVA on the machine fully realized, we will proceed to their inspection.
    To do so open the command line terminal to write the following command: java-version
    IjglQ.png

4.3.2 Check if the package is installed 7zip more specifically p7zip-full, if not select for installation:
    PGRII.png

Once this is done we can then proceed with the installation of the Kitchen.

4.4 Installing the Kitchen

4.4.1 Initial Procedures
    All information to carry out this section were collected on: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5626292#post5626292

Therefore, our choice falls on dsixda Android's Kitchen (Support Several devices)
    (The Custom ROM made in this Guide its based to the Galaxy S2 i9100)
    Download link of Kitchen: http://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen/archives/master
    MhNL7.png

Informational Page on Kitchen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5626292#post5626292
    grt1x.png

After these preliminary procedures have been performed, we proceed to next steps.

By default, you will be allocated in the Downloads folder files.

4.4.2 Click on the file up with the right button of mouse and perform the extraction of the file to the Downloads folder:
    y3S0L.png

4.4.3 Change the file name for kitchen (it's easier to work).

4.4.3.1 Move or Copy to folder or Personal Home:
    FRAkM.png

They should stick with a structure like this:
    nUWLj.png

4.5 Perform download the ROM Stock

NOTE: I personally recommend two sites:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1075278
    1NtXp.png

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9100&r=1#regional
    7WzVC.png

Download the ROM to be used in Kitchen, in this case we use the XDA, specifically the XWLP7:
    NOTE: The screenshot references XWLP4 because at that time had not XWLP7
    8EVNe.png

4.5.1 Download the kernel corresponding CF-root (This way remains CWM Recovery Busybox and SuperUser GB, if ICS SuperSU depends the kernel used to cook the ROM.

4.5.2 Download the kernels on CF-root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399
    NOTE: This case will be used the latest available to ICS, the CF-root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPS-v5.4-CWM5.zip
    NOTE: It is already available in the XDA KERNEL CF ROOT XWLP7.
    8MmO8.png

4.5.3 Copy the file from the ROM inside the Kitchen to the folder original_update
    tBT8Z.png

4.5.3.1 If the file is in the form *******. Tar.md5 have to remove the. Md5 so that it only ********. Tar

After these steps have been made ​​in all its fullness, then we have all the necessary files to start our cooked :)

4.5.4 Some illustrative examples of these tools in place to obtain "cooked," ready to use for users.

4.5.4.1 In order to run our furnace we have run the Kitchen in a command line also known as terminal or console, for it will open a command prompt within the folder Kitchen:
    pDKWL.png

In order to execute the Kitchen just run the following command as root sudo. / Menu in the terminal:

tSU0f.png

IQpzh.png

6. First thing to do is point 1 or set a folder where we work. In this process the Kitchen will get to select and give the stock ROM original_update previously placed in the folder, simply enter the next screen and then select the ROM list:
    XLJmv.png

Therefore, we select the first option because we only have a ROM in the kitchen, so just to enter a default because it's one :)

6.1 In the kitchen will then ask if we want to keep the name.
    This name stock is organized as follows: WORKING_DATA_HORA, this can be changed to whatever you want, the only thing required is to keep the WORKING_

In this case I press the button to change the name ye WORKING_XWLP7_TugaPower:

oxWyW.png

To continue then just press Enter.

7. The kitchen will start the process of extracting the file from the ROM to the folder with the name we gave earlier WORKING_ ********
    tMek5.png

In this process we have to decide if we want to use the CSC (NET configuration and applications) that are included with the Stock ROM or NO.
    By default this is set to YES (y) ...

Thus, we can, because the Kitchen gives the following list of apks existing CSC and if we add the folder WORKING_ *****

Remember that in most cases, there is no problem in using the CSC Stock ROM, just advise not to use the apks the CSC because they are essentially propaganda NETWORK, which can be set to follow in the next menu to the Kitchen already well default to not add the apks:
    sHgs8.png

Ready to the next step?

8. After the CSC will appear in the information regarding the boot.img, here we select the letter n because for the effect of Custom ROM do not need!
    qEEoO.png

9. Then will come the question if we want to see information about the ROM.
    This option is your choice will; default is Y. I personally put n. Now let's return back to the first screen which means that the necessary files are all ready ....
    mlv64.png

10. In this field, you may want to check whether there is a need to use option 2 and 3.

10.1 In the case of using the KERNEL Stock are advised to do option 2 and 3.
    If the kernel you are going to use is for example the CF ROOT or any other that already have root then there is necessary to make the option 1 and 2.

10.2 In this case I will use the CF KERNEL, we will open the zip file of CF ROOT Kernel, find a file ****.tar, opening the file we find the zImage (KERNEL), selecting the zImage we proceed to the extraction process to the working folder of the Kitchen, in this case to the folder: Working_XWLP7_TugaPower
    c7eCE.png

bBsGx.png

A new window will appear saying that the file already exists, just select and replace the existing ...

11. We will now switch to the Kitchen 7. Kitchen is a default to NO WIPE ROM, option 7 serves to change this ...

12. In this case I do WIPE version, you just will access option 7 in the next field and put y:
    N0Q0U.png

N0Q0U.png

12.1 This procedure will eventually lead back to the main menu of the Kitchen. Now we have to think whether we want a ROM or deodexed ODEXED Stock ...

12.2 If we use a version ODEXED we can switch to the option 99 which will be explained below, because I'll use this version deodexed and before passing the option will be option 0 99: ADVANCED OPTIONS
    IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XtfZp.png[/IMG]

13. Here I select option 11 to deodexed ROM:

13.1 Now we need one more aspect to consider: what kind of ROM, if GB or ICS.
    In this case as I am using a ROM ICS will change the level of API's Kitchen and they default to GB, so I'll use the v

Fr5tM.png

14. Then I confirm that I change the level of the API key y.
    In this case I set the API level to 15 which corresponds ROM will be concerned that I'm using ICS 4.0.3:
    wOJfJ.png

14.1. Now set the API, I will proceed to the DEODEX ROM for option b, which is advised, because this way, will deodexed the system / app and system / framework.

15. Will be asked if you want a log deodex, this is your charge, if you put y, a file will be created in the root folder of the Kitchen with Deodex process, this log can be used to screen for possible errors that occur in deodexed; I always use the log file because the design is not great and always give way if there are problems in deodexed.
    129JL.png

16. After this step made ​​the Kitchen will carry out the relevant technical Deodexed ROM:
    rgPeo.png

17. Now just wait, if you can go for a coffee or a cigarette because it still takes a bit if they do not get any errors and the process goes well deodexed will be presented the following screen:
    zqqOT.png

18. Pressing the Enter, go to the submenu of Kitchen Advanced Menu.

We will then press 0 to return to the main Kitchen; next step we change the name of the build of the ROM (this information that appears in the menu on the About the Phone.

18.1 For this press the key 8 from the Main Menu of the Kitchen, in which case I will change to XWLP7 Stock by TugaPower:
    http://i.imgur.com/I6ZXw.png[IMG]

19. Press Enter, then we will change back to the Main Menu Kitchen, now is the time better, create CWM zip file for flashing the ROM :)

19.1 For this we will then press the Option 99:
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eYhj4.png

NOTE: Because you are beginning to learn how to make Custom ROMs recommend the first option which is already the default and that the Kitchen, then just do enter in the respective options that appear to the end:
    D60OO.png

suXfc.png

Until we reach the end of file creation can change the name of it, this is the last question that makes the kitchen:

OGcKp.png

Done this you can find the ROM inside the OUTPUT folder in the Kitchen ...
    You only need to copy to the memory of the phone and make the flash.

Have a good cooked and good flash

ROM that was created in TUTU --->
    XWLP7 Stock By TugaPower
    a hell lot of screenshots, foolproof guide, really great one for beginner